Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Aspire Free Night Certificate - Late this Year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Last year I opened an Aspire account in mid-January and received the first free night certificate a couple months later on March 22. I thought I would receive the anniversary certificate around the same time this year, but so far I haven't received it. I know it says it could take 14 weeks after your account opening date, but last year I got it after just about 9 weeks.

I'm guessing some of you must have opened your account around the same time I did last January (when the card first became available). If so, did you receive your free night certificate for this year yet?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:20 am

I also got the card mid-January last year. Have not received the free night and already paid the 2nd year annual fee a while ago.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Good to know I’m not the only one.

Hopefully we get it soon.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:35 am

Yea it's really annoying as Amex is really slow with delivering the certificate. Chase is much better at this, already got my IHG and Hyatt ones even though their anniversaries are in April.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Same here, I had the certificate by this time last year, but have not received it yet this year.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by gbdbld
Yea it's really annoying as Amex is really slow with delivering the certificate. Chase is much better at this, already got my IHG and Hyatt ones even though their anniversaries are in April.
AmEx isn’t slow, it is deliberate. They don’t want you somehow getting the certificate without paying the fee. When you spend the $15k on the Ascend, the certificate comes immediately.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just received the e-mail indicating that the award is on the way. From what I remember last year, the e-mail with the reward number followed in a few days, despite the "8-14 weeks" in the e-mail.

You have been awarded with an Annual Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors.
You will receive an email from Hilton Honors containing the reward number and booking instructions within the next 8-14 weeks.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:04 pm

Received email about it last year 3/29/18 (aspire night cert for account open). Received email today, 4/03/19, for first annual aspire cert. Doesn't seem to be delayed.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

Originally Posted by B3nder
Received email about it last year 3/29/18 (aspire night cert for account open). Received email today, 4/03/19, for first annual aspire cert. Doesn't seem to be delayed.
reviewed the cert or the email?

8-14 weeks is awful. I’m hoping it’s less

ETA just got my very one day after email. )it said to log in to Hhonors to confirm my email address, and I logged in right after getting the email (and wasn’t prompted to do anything do I logged out right away).

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 2, 2019 at 2:13 pm
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Seems like this is recurring issue. My Aspire renewal is early January and last year i got the certificate in first week of March. This time around, haven't received it yet
Old Mar 20, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Annual renewal late December - received award notification 3/3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.