Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Plaza {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2003, 6:35 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Arrow Hilton Vienna Plaza {AUT}

Im wondering if anybody have ever been granted an upgrade at this property due to their Diamond Status. Did you fax the GM beforehand? Thanks.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:50 am
m

You shouldn`t have a problem. I received an upgrade to the executive level - a junior suite on the same level of the executive lounge, in fact just a few doors down. I suggest you check in at the executive lounge. I don`t remember the floor, but if you go the elevator, it is noted in the elevator by the floor buttons. The lounge is small, but it has a classy feel to it, and if the weather is nice you can go out on the balcony. The rooms on the executive level also have balconies, or at least mine did. I think there is more than 1 executive level.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks. Ive not been so lucky, and I stay at this property often. I love the hotel, the service in general and the staff in particular are superb. I think I will try my luck faxing something to the GM, lets see what happens.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Does anybody have the scoop on how to find out the name of the hotel's GM? I dont think it would be listed in the website, or? Has anybody ever asked the Diamond Desk for that info, do they give it out?

Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 6:39 pm

From my modest experience it is easiest to get this from someone who has been there and received a welcome or thank you letter from the GM.
Old Jan 15, 2003, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

I was told the 800 number for Hilton reservations will provide me with the name.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Hilton Vienna Plaza - mini report

Just finished a superb 4 night stay at this property. Received upgrade to an Executive Suite on the 8th floor, amenities included huge fruit basket, chocolates and bottled water (replentished daily). Staff was super attentive, concierge was able to make difficult reservations happen, etc..

All in all, great stay, I love this hotel.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Feb 23, 2003, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Some additional infos. I had booked the stay online, booked the best available rate. Breakfast was complimentary (but we didnt use it). I am a Diamond VIP in HHonors.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 8:37 am

Programs: Lots
I agree this is an awesome property. Short walk to the streetcar which takes you to several very handy U-Bahn stations.

The danube/UN view rooms rock. I especially love that you can open the huge windows.

Still very evident that it was designed as a Scandic property though
Old Feb 23, 2003, 9:05 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Axey:

Still very evident that it was designed as a Scandic property though
</font>
Really...? I didnt know this. Actually, having stayed at the Scandic Palace in Tallinn not very long ago, I dont see the design similarities. The Scandic is definetely 2-3 levels below the Plaza in just about every respect I can imagine.

Also regarding this hotel, has anybody tried the La Scala Restaurant?
Old Feb 23, 2003, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Gaucho, my husband and I ate dinner there last year. The food was wonderful and the ambience good. There is a piano player there in the evenings. Husband used to work with Werner Matt over at the Vienna Hilton in the old days when it was a wonderful hotel. Another great place to eat, although it's dressy, is Korso in the Bristol hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I'm glad to hear this hotel is still consistent with their nice property and great level of service. I had an excellent stay there about 2 years ago, and can't wait to go back as I have a GLON coming up in 2 weeks.

I think Axey was getting this hotel confused with the 'new' Danube Hilton over across the river near the UN area. IIRC it was in fact either a Holiday Inn or a Scandic before it converted to a Hilton within the past year or two.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 4:46 pm

Programs: Lots
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaucho100K:
Really...? I didnt know this. Actually, having stayed at the Scandic Palace in Tallinn not very long ago, I dont see the design similarities. The Scandic is definetely 2-3 levels below the Plaza in just about every respect I can imagine.

Also regarding this hotel, has anybody tried the La Scala Restaurant?
</font>
Ooops. JJefrey's right. I totally had the two confused. I've stayed at both the Plaza and the Danube recently, so I had them mixed up.

The Danube Hilton was a Scandic.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 2:13 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Axey:
The Danube Hilton was a Scandic.</font>
The Hilton Vienna Danube actually used to be a Crowne Plaza property.

Old Feb 24, 2003, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
Gaucho, my husband and I ate dinner there last year. The food was wonderful and the ambience good. There is a piano player there in the evenings. Husband used to work with Werner Matt over at the Vienna Hilton in the old days when it was a wonderful hotel. Another great place to eat, although it's dressy, is Korso in the Bristol hotel. </font>
Thanks for this tip. I was told by an Austrian friends that the Bristol hotel is home to one of the best Wiener Schnitzels in town... I wonder if thats served in the Korso restaurant or elsewhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.