Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Plaza {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by photo_guy
They did not tell me why.
Sorry for not being completely clear - I was not really asking the question; just repeating yours and answering it...
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:45 pm

photo_guy:

Overbooking happens. Walking happens. It's unfortunate, but the host hotel has an obligation to you: Paying for your first night stay at another, comparable hotel, as well as associated relocation costs and (normally) one long distance phone call made from the hotel phone to inform friends/family/ colleagues of your situation.

Why were you walked at 2pm? Well, imagine you had arrived at 2am to find that your room wasn't available... I'm sure you'd much rather deal with it in daylight!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Ok, lets summarize: You as a (sorry) HH nothing (aka silver) got walked. This is not the best thing what can happen to you but it happend and it happens once in a while. You diid not pay for the one night, the hotel gave you 80 Euro for dinner, you were upgraded to executive level for the remaining two nights of your stay.

The question is: What else would you expect. Unfortunately you do not give any indication. Without making any (reasonable) claim, nobody can consider any compensation.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
... You diid not pay for the one night, ...
Actually, the OP did have to pay for that one night at the other property:
Originally Posted by photo_guy
They did not comp us the cost of the other hotel room for the first night ...
Old Oct 29, 2009, 5:05 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Ok, lets summarize: You as a (sorry) HH nothing (aka silver) got walked. This is not the best thing what can happen to you but it happend and it happens once in a while. You diid not pay for the one night, the hotel gave you 80 Euro for dinner, you were upgraded to executive level for the remaining two nights of your stay.

The question is: What else would you expect. Unfortunately you do not give any indication. Without making any (reasonable) claim, nobody can consider any compensation.

I understand this happens and I understand that, in the scale of things a Silver member is pretty low on the pecking order.

A few minor clarifications:
1) I did not get a free night - that was not offered and was not sure if it was proper to request that. I payed for the night at the other location. (They did comment that I was fortunate that it was less expensive at the other location and I should be happy).
2) The Upgrade was offered but dinner was not. I had to start making requests/demands to get that. At first they did not even metion paying for our ride to/from the other location. They did say OK when I demanded it.

What did I expect that I did not get? We would have been much happier if they were a bit more appologetic when this first happened. We did not get appolgies until the next day. At that point they were falling over themselves to be helful and try to make ammends. (Hence the "sorta" in my title for this thread.)
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
If something like this happens in the future, ask to speak to the Manager of the hotel. And if you want to complain [or compliment] after departure, again - email the Manager. IME you'll get a far more satisfying response.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Did 2 1nt award stays a few weeks back. Got a exec floor room vs the top floor suite we got on a paid stay a few years back. Lounge has good food, and the evening snacks (whole chicken legs one evening) was more than enough for dinner (didn't partake as we were with the PoA's relatives). Got a sweet snack/fruit amenity both stays.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Just spent two paid nights at the hotel. Got a nice suite upgrade and free breakfast and lounge access for me and my friends traveling with me. Hotel staff was very friendly. The big room had a bit "faded" and the lights in the bathroom were broken. The window in the bedroom did not shut all the way, so that the street in front was a bit noisy. Aside from that the room was clean and OK.

Breakfast at the restaurant was great, with the usual Hilton selection. The lounge on the top floor was small but quite nice with one computer, TV and a little terrace outside. Foodselection at breakfast was very small as you would expect from such a small lounge. The cake in the afternoon was great though! Fingerfoods in the evenings were fine as well. Different sandwiches, chips, potato wedges... The drink selection was quite nice with longdrinks, red/white wine, champagne, juice and softdrinks. Tea and coffee as well of course. The staff was a bit slow but friendly.

So overall the rooms were a bit old considering the steep pricing (254€/night corporate rate for a standard room). But I think they are in the process of renovating, because the restaurant and bar looked like they had recently been redone. The hotel location is also quite nice. It is just outside the old center but within walking distance. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Stephansdom or the Hofburg. Don't forget to eat some Sachertorte (and to send me some).
Old Oct 5, 2011, 7:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Guys, can anyone let me know if there is a bar at this hotel?
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, British Airways Executive Club, Krisflyer, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Just finished a superb 4 night stay at this property. Received upgrade to an Executive Suite on the 8th floor, amenities included huge fruit basket, chocolates and bottled water (replentished daily). Staff was super attentive, concierge was able to make difficult reservations happen, etc.

All in all, great stay, I love this hotel.
Ditto to all of the above. Plus it's in a great location just perfect for visiting the Christkindlmarkt (Christmas market) outside the Rathaus. Just made my reservation for December - I've been staying here for the last 11 December visits to Vienna.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
Having stayed at the Vienna Plaza a week ago, I thought I'd post some comments...

Combining a meeting with a visit to the Christmas Markets, I decided to redeem some Hhonors points to keep costs of this trip manageable.

I arrived early on a Sunday morning - well early in hotel terms as it was around 10am. I came in from the airport by S-Bahn, changing to the U-Bahn, but managed to get off the train at Schottenring, rather than Schottentor, which is the closer station. I went straight to concierge to leave my bags in store, but the concierge informed my room was ready and that I should try checking in.

This I did, and was told I'd been upgraded to a "nice suite". When I reached my room, I discovered it was bigger than my home. There was a spacious lounge area once you had passed through the lobby, and a massive bedroom. The bathroom was spacious with gold effect fixtures. Very nice. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows may be a little soft. There were 2 televisions - a modern flat TV in the bedroom, and an older CRT type TV in the lounge.

My Hhonors status allowed me access to the exec lounge, where i was able to enjoy evening drinks and and breakfast - the selection was not massive but what was available was more than adequate, and tasty.

Every staff member I encountered was warm and friendly - not always the case in business hotels. And the hotel is centrally located, a short walk to the main attractions, and staggering (!! top much gluehwein again !!) distance from the Rathaus Christkindlmarkt. If walking does not work, there is a U-bahn station on the doorstep, and trams 1 and D stop opposite.

Recommended.
Old May 4, 2012, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Just did one-night stay here. Pleasant experience, very friendly staff. I booked Executive Room, was upgraded to Corner Suite. Good-sized telly, comfortable king bed. The hotel is showing some wear and tear, but nothing really major, yet.

The EL is open from 7.00 to 23.00. Breakfast until 10, happy hour 18.00-20.30. Breakfast selection was pretty narrow, but in the evening the wines and finger food were quite OK.

They had a promotion where you get extra 500 HH points by spending €25 in the bar (or 1000 points with €40). This required filling out a small coupon, interesting to see if the points post.

For my purposes the location was excellent, and it is very close to many touristy places.
Old May 4, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question So which Vienna Property do you like Better

So which property is better, the Hilton Vienna or Hilton Vienna Plaza? I though that the Hilton Vienna was the one more people liked and was the one that was closer to many sites. Also which one has a better Exeuctive Lounge and Concierge Floor?
Old May 20, 2012, 11:58 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
They had a promotion where you get extra 500 HH points by spending €25 in the bar (or 1000 points with €40). This required filling out a small coupon, interesting to see if the points post.
You can all stop holding your breaths now, the points posted a week after the stay.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Vienna Hilton Plaza: transportation options between airport & hotel?

What are the (non-car rental) transportation options between VIE and the hotel? I am particularly interested in cost and time factor and ease of use?

I will be flying on a red-eye flight from YOW to FRA this Wed night, and then the next morning on a connecting flight from FRA to VIE. I will arrive around noon on Thursday.

I will have one piece of checked luggage - I will be attending a medical conference, which finishes on Tues. I will leave back for Canada on Wed of next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.