Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vienna Plaza {AUT}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:37 pm

The Vienna Plaza probably has the nicest lounge of any hilton hotel I have stayed at. Great space. Food is not bad at all but not as spectacular as the space itself.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sjunkerg:
The Vienna Plaza probably has the nicest lounge of any hilton hotel I have stayed at. Great space. Food is not bad at all but not as spectacular as the space itself.</font>
Have you stayed at any other properties in Europe? I stayed at the Plaza about 5 weeks ago, and thought Prague and Budapest Westend were both significantly nicer.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
Vienna Plaza

Does one check in at the executive lounge of the Vienna plaza. If so what floor is it on?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Artie
Does one check in at the executive lounge of the Vienna plaza. If so what floor is it on?

1) You may, but it is no problem to check in at the lobby.
2.) Top Floor, 11th, as far as I recollect

Tom
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:20 pm

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
Many thanks!

I appreciate it.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
Fitness center and internet at Hilton Vienna Plaza

Hi,

I searched through the archives but couldn't really find any information about the quality of the fitness center at the Hilton Vienna Plaza, or if there is Internet access available. Has anyone stayed there recently and could give some feedback?

Thanks!
Chris
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:23 pm

There is wireless internet access throughout the hotel. It's fairly expensive.

Didn't use the leisure centre.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 3:03 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
At the Hilton Vienna wireless costs EUR6 for 30 minutes - buy A1 (the provider) multiple use scratch cards at the Business Desk. A 24 hour card costs EUR24, I think and 60 minutes is EUR12.
If you stay at the executive level you can have high speed internet access (bring your ethernet cable) which cost me 12 EUR for a 2 hour session.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:06 am

I'll be at the Vienna Plaza next weekend. Any recent experiences?

Thanx

Last edited by servus; May 23, 2009 at 10:12 am
Old Jun 3, 2009, 7:05 am

Hilton Vienna Plaza - June 2009

I just returned from a great stay at the Hilton Vienna Plaza (HHonors Category 5), Schottenring 11, 1010 Vienna, Tel: +43-1-313-900, Fax: +43-1-313-902-2009, email: [email protected]

We arrived at Vienna airport and bought a Vienna Card (http://www.wienkarte.at/EN/?l=e) for 18.50 € at the shop in the baggage claim area. After purchasing the Vienna Card, we bought a CAT & CAB ticket (http://catcab.cityairporttrain.com/info.php?lang=en) (reg. one way fare is 24.00 € (zones 1-9) / 28.00 € (zones 10-20) for up to 4 adults, -17% with Vienna Card). Leave the arrival terminal and follow the green CAT signs to the station. The train is usually already waiting and will take you non-stop to Wien-Mitte within 16 minutes. Get off the train and follow the green signs CAT & CAB. As soon as you are on the street-level, there’s a green desk to your left. Hand the agent your ticket and he’ll call you a cab.

As soon as I arrived at the hotel, a friendly bellman opened the doors of the cab and took care of our bags. The hotel is located on Schottenring, which isn’t as good as the location of the Hilton “Stadtpark”, but with a taxi-stand, bus-stop and tram-stop right in front of the hotel and a subway-station (U2) approximately 5 minutes away, it is not an issue at all. Walking distance to Stephansplatz is approx. 10-15 minutes.

Check-in was great! The Front Desk agent was very nice and courteous. I was offered a welcome drink (orange juice, sparkling wine or water). All my room-preferences set in my profile were honored. Received an upgrade to an Executive Corner Suite on 8th floor with lounge access. Baggage assistance was also offered.

Next to my room door there was an impressive sign stating EXECUTIVE SUITE. In my room I found a personal welcome note from the GM, a separate personal welcome note from the Executive Lounge staff, two compl. bottles of silent water and a plate with two apples, two small chocolate cakes and two Mozartkugel. The suite was huge (549sq.ft), with a living room, a sleeping room and a bathroom with a separate toilet. The room was clean, had large opening windows but was kind of dated (I guess early 90s) with A/C, bathrobes, slippers, in-room coffee-maker, iron, ironing-board and an in-room safe in the closet, as well as the Hilton clock. The automated minibar was stocked with: sparkling water, Bitter Lemon, Tonic Water 4.00 €, Evian, Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, orange juice 4.10 €, Red Bull, Becks Beer, Heineken Beer 5.50 €, white wine (0.2 l) 16.00 €, Vodka, Whisky, Gin, Cognac, Rum, Martini 10.70 €, Champagne (0.375 l) 60.00 €. The bathroom was also clean, well lighted, with white marble and a nice tub. As mentioned before the toilet and bidet was separated from the bathroom. The usual La Source amenities were available.

The Executive Lounge (opening hours: 07:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.) is located on the 10th floor and has 21 indoor seats and approx. 10 more seats on the terrace. The breakfast selection was better than normal for a lounge. In the afternoon they serve coffee (you need to order your coffee from the staff), tea, cake, cookies and a good variety of non-alcoholic beverages (Evian, Minera lwater, Becks Beer, Heineken, Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, orange juice, apricot juice, multi-vitamin-juice, Tonic Water, Bitter Lemon, Ginger Ale). From 06:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. also alcoholic beverages such as Gordons, Bombay, 3 different Smirnoff Vodka, 3 different Martini, Campari, Havana Club, Bacardi, Bacardi 8 annos, Johnnie Walker (red and black), Jack Daniels, two different Olmeca, red wine, white wine, sparkling wine, Sherry and Baileys are available. Small snacks e.g. pizza, sandwiches were also offered. The use of internet is free of charge. After a long day of sightseeing (which was very comfortable using trams, buses and subways), we returned to the lounge for a few drinks and enjoyed the view over Vienna.

Breakfast at the Plaza Restaurant was above average. The staff was very attentive. Eggs, omelett or pancakes to order, besides of the usual items, French rolls, bread, crisp bread, toast, butter, margarine, marmalade, honey, spread meat, salami, ham, salmon, cheese, spread cheese, fresh fruits, fruit salad, cereal, yoghurt, tea, coffee, milk, water, orange juice, apple juice, sparkling wine, tofu, salad, tomatoes and a hot selection of scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans, baked tomatoes and potato wedges.

We also had dinner twice at the Plaza Restaurant. The place was almost empty. Once again, service was excellent and the quality of the food was very good. First night we had asparagus with Vienna Schnitzel and asparagus, potatoes and Hollandaise Sauce. Next evening we tried gnocchi with green and white asparagus and Serrano ham, and a filet mignon with French fries and sugar peas. Two entrées and a bottle of wine totalled to approx. 80 € or $114 per night.

Check-out was very friendly, fast and accurate.

After writing to the GM, thanking him for a wonderful stay and telling him about the superb service one of his employees provided, I received a nice reply within 24 hrs.

Final notes: The Hilton Vienna Plaza is a very nice hotel. The location isn’t right in the city center but due to direct tram and bus access this shouldn’t be a problem at all. The staff is absolutely great, the Executive Lounge offers free internet access and has a nice terrace. The food was great for a moderate price. The onliest minor downside to mention might be, that the rooms are not really up to date anymore. However, I highly recommend this Hilton.

***pictures available upon request***

Last edited by servus; Jun 12, 2009 at 2:02 am Reason: adding more info
Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Just a brief note to add to servus's detailed review above, swisscom, the provider of wifi offers a discounted rate for smartphones. Only €3.00 for a 24 hour block. Service works a dream with my iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by servus
I just returned from a great stay
and this is great report, thank you

Originally Posted by servus
The location isn’t right in the city center
This is a definiton of "city center". Actually the Plaza in on Ringstraße and in the first District whereas the Stadtpark Hilton is off Ringstraße and no longer in the first district. As per definition that Plaza is more central....

Walking disctance from the Plaza to the Burgtheater, Hofburg, , Opera, Rathaus by far shorter than from the Stadtpark Hilton which is located closer to Stephansdom. However, with the trams following Ringstraße in both directions, Vienna is easy to navigate.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Hilton Vienna Plaza Disapoints - sorta

When attempting to check in for a 3 night stay we were told "Unfortunetly we do not have a room availabile for tonight and we will be sending you to the Hiton Vienna Danube for the night". After questioning this as I had a reservation and received a conformation email (looking forward to your upcoming stay..). I reminded them of my Silver status which they acknowledged but said nothing could be done.
The biggest issue was they did not really say they were sorry or appologize at the time. I requested some compensation and they offered to upgrade me on my return the next day. I demanded dinner as well which they agreed to (80 Euro - which does not go very far there actually).
There ride back and forth to the other hotel, packing/unpacking, etc. took a good chuck out of our limited vacation time in Vienna.
However, the next day when we returned they were much more appologetic and helpful.
I had sent an angry email to Hilton CS but they have not yet responded other than a form letter. I don't expect much but I'd like to know why they bumped us from the room.
(We did see Donald Sutherland in the executive lounge and my story is going to be that he bumped us from our room.)
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:10 pm

Why did they bump you? They just overbooked (it happens), so they needed to walk you (industry term for putting you at another hotel for the night). Were you comped the night at the other property (and, naturally, not charged for the first night at the Hilton Vienna Plaza)? If that's not the case, I would request that processed immediately. And writing angry letters rarely gets the results you want - much more productive approach is a calm letter succinctly describing the issue and specifying what exactly you request in compensation.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by Eugene
Why did they bump you? They just overbooked (it happens), so they needed to walk you (industry term for putting you at another hotel for the night). Were you comped the night at the other property (and, naturally, not charged for the first night at the Hilton Vienna Plaza)? If that's not the case, I would request that processed immediately.
They did not tell me why - they just said they did not have a room available. (We checked in at 2PM so it was not like we got there very late).
They did not comp us the cost of the other hotel room for the first night (but only charged us for 2 nights at the Plaza). This trip was partly for business so getting the comp doesn't help me much - does help the company but they probably will not appreciate it even if I went to the effort to get it.

And writing angry letters rarely gets the results you want - much more productive approach is a calm letter succinctly describing the issue and specifying what exactly you request in compensation.
True. But it made me feel better at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.