Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mario
I booked a pre-paid stay in the Hilton Sydney and found a pre-paid rate, for the same room type and dates on hotels.com.

I submitted a claim that was rejected. The reason was

"The reservation booked requiresa one night deposit; the booking located requires that the pay your full stayin advance, therefore your claim is not valid."

This is completely untrue. The reservation booked was fully pre-paid. The total cost was 630 AUD and my credit card has already been charged in full for 630 AUD.

I wrote an email to the agent that declined my claim and also [email protected]. That was nine days ago. I then sent another email yesterday. I haven't had a response from anyone.

What would be your next step? Talk to AMEX to have the charge reverse? Small claims court?
Just wait a little bit. I finally had mine approved about a week after my stay. If you call them they are usually appologetic.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by reiner
My experience is, Hiltons BRG is a fake

Our Best Rates Guaranteed OFFER DOES NOT APPLY to the following:
· Hotels outside the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. See below for the Our Best Rates. Guaranteed. offer for Hilton Family hotels outside of the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico along with full terms and conditions for those locations.
This is not actually correct. What is says is you get the $50 credit instead of the $50 AMEX cheque. Were you being sarcastic?

http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...es/terms.jhtml

I called up and got reservations to match a wotif.com rate for Sydney Hilton but I'm considering whether to book with Hilton and submit a BRG to get the $50 credits for my 1 night stay.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:45 am

I booked two rooms for family members under two different names at the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Downtown on the hilton.com website. Found a rate $10 cheaper on hotels.com. Submitted a BRG claim for each reservation. Just got off the phone with Guest Assistance, who said the BRG claim was approved for both reservations. She assured me that the room rate will be adjusted by the hotel at checkin (why don't they just adjust the reservation now??), and that they'll be sending a $50 gift cheque to each person after the stay is completed.

Pretty straightforward for my first attempt at this.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by bacook
I called up and got reservations to match a wotif.com rate for Sydney Hilton but I'm considering whether to book with Hilton and submit a BRG to get the $50 credits for my 1 night stay.
It can't hurt to try. Assuming a typical generous cancellation policy, you should be able to book a new, separate reservation with Hilton and submit the BRG. Once you find out whether it's been approved or denied, cancel the first Hilton reservation.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Let me start by saying that I have had excellent success with SPG's BRG program (I find BRGs on about 75% of my stays), and yesterday completed a successful BRG with Priority Club. So I am now intoxicated with my success and trying to find a good rate for a January stay at Paris CDG airport.

I did find a rate of 110.61 Euros on a competitive website for the Hilton CDG which includes all taxes and breakfast. Room description is as follows:

Single Guest Room
Board Basis: Bed and Breakfast
There is also the following for 129 Euros. (But I will be staying alone.)

Double 1 or 2 Beds Guest Room
Board Basis: Bed and Breakfast
The lowest (prepaid) rate I've found on the Hilton website is 141 Euros (no breakfast) or 153 Euros (with breakfast) for:

TWIN HILTON GUESTROOM

I've read all the posts from the past year. I do not want to book a prepaid room unless I know the BRG will be approved. I am not encouraged by what I have read here. Am I wasting my time? Is there any way to change the reservation from cancellable to prepaid while I'm on the phone with the BRG rep (as I did with PC yesterday) if the BRG is approved?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:06 pm

Not gonna happen.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone submit anyting over the weekend?

I submitted a claim on 12/24 and still haven't heard back. I recognize the holiday - called Hilton this morning & they said it'd be processed by today.

Has anyone else submitted a claim that has taken more than 24 hours to be validated? I took screen shots.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Anyone submit anyting over the weekend?

I submitted a claim on 12/24 and still haven't heard back. I recognize the holiday - called Hilton this morning & they said it'd be processed by today.

Has anyone else submitted a claim that has taken more than 24 hours to be validated? I took screen shots.
I submitted one on the 25th, and much to my surprise, it was approved on the following morning.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:11 am

Believe it or not but my Best Rate Guarantee claim was approved within 12 hours. Its for a stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen a weekend in January. I claimed that the difference between my rate and hilton.com was about 10SEK, they came up with that the difference was about 50SEK, I am not complaining.

Now time to search for more stays in Stockholm.

One question about the 50USD, do I have to spend those at the hotel or will my bill be adjusted with that amount?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I submitted on on 12/25 for a 12/30 stay and have still not heard anything
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Problems with BRG after approval

Hi,

I managed to get 2 stays at a hilton hotel in the UK approved just before the year end.

1st claim approved 30th Dec for a stay on the 6th Jan, got 2 approval emails??
2nd claim approved 31st Dec for a stay on the 2nd Jan, got no standard approval email.

The first one approved I got two standard approval email , but the 2nd one, the stay has now happened, I got nothing I emailed Guest Assistance for confirmation which they did by return mail with the res/GA number on it.

The problem started when I checked in at the hotel and they had not adjusted the rate. It was 1 night stay and so I thought that they would do the necessary in the morning. Next morning I got the usual guest folio under the door but with the unadjusted rate or the credit of 50USD.

I queried this on the way to breakfast and FD said they would check but the rate was already low, which it is. I checked back with the FD on the way back but no paperwork or note that a successful BRG claim was on file. I left saying that I would be back at the weekend and bring a copy of the email with me. I have actually sent a copy since to the hotel to show the BRG info, sent 4th Jan.

I have tried to contact Guest Assistance to ask for standard format email with the information on it as I had no received it for this claim. I have now sent a 2nd email to the actual supervisor who sent the approval note to me.

Lesson learnt
Always carry a copy of all correspondence about a reservation.

Questions,

1) Do guest assistance answer emails as they seem to ignore all but the actual claims submitted?

2) Is it a common occurrance for hotels outside NA not have details of a BRG claim?

3) If the hotel will not credit back the 50USD to my card is the only course of action to dispute the charge with my CC company?

4) What rate should the hotel use to convert the credit into local currency?

TIA

SM
Old Jan 14, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold
Question Wished i looked here first

The Hilton BRG honoured my claim !
Obvisouly the difference in name was not a good reason for denying my claim.

Hereafter the originial port:
--------------

Wished I looked here fist. Currently i'm making a claim with the Hilton BRG for matching the rate that both Expedia & Hotels.com (ISK 78.000) publish for the Executive room (2 persons) for the Hilton Nordica (hilton rate: 93.300, 2 persons).

So far, no success. The claim was denied because the expedia website says: Executive Double room (bedtype: Queen) while the Hilton website list the room under Queen Exective room (bedtype: Queen).

the exact text:

I have viewed the Expedia rate and the room type is listed as a Double Executive , which you are attempting to match. The room type booked through Hilton, is a Queen executive and is a different package than that showing on Expedia. Though the description on Expedia shows a queen bed, the room types, double and queen are not the same. There are differences or they would be listed as he same room booking. I do apologized for the confusion. At your request, I have forward to the hotel’s general manager to confirm and verify my findings are accurate.

Obviously this is enough for denying the claim

I'll keep you all posted on any further outcome. But so far, the BRG of Hilton looks like a scam.

Last edited by Haaienvoer; Jan 17, 2012 at 9:15 am Reason: -- Claim honoured --
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
So I filed a claim about 9 days ago and have not received any reply from the hilton BRG team. What should I do now - is there a specific email or phone line that would be best?

My stay is in a week.

first time user of this policy here.

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lsed
So ... What should I do now - is there a specific email or phone line that would be best?
I would call the number as stated on the BRG claimform:
http://hiltonworldwide.hilton.com/en...laimform.jhtml

2. Call 1-800-HILTONS (International: 00 800 888 44 888) and ask for Guest Assistance.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
Believe it or not but my Best Rate Guarantee claim was approved within 12 hours. Its for a stay at Hilton Stockholm Slussen a weekend in January. I claimed that the difference between my rate and hilton.com was about 10SEK, they came up with that the difference was about 50SEK, I am not complaining.

Now time to search for more stays in Stockholm.

One question about the 50USD, do I have to spend those at the hotel or will my bill be adjusted with that amount?
I guess we have a winner here! 2nd claim in a row that was accepted! Same property. I am now just paying 88$(After 50$ best rate guarantee money deducted) for Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

Now time to book more stays in Stockholm!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.