Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: United 1P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I want to seek the advice on Hilton BRG.

I will book an advance purchase rate at Hilton.com, which is prepay and non-refundable.

I find a cheaper rate at Travelocity, which is also prepay. However, Travelocity said it does not have cancellation policies, and will pass the policy from Hilton to me.

Am I qualified to BRG?

Also, if I book at the January sale rate at Hilton.com, which is also prepay and non-refundable, can I do BRG?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, FB GOLD, HH DIA, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by kgkg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I will book an advance purchase rate at Hilton.com, which is prepay and non-refundable.

I find a cheaper rate at Travelocity, which is also prepay. However, Travelocity said it does not have cancellation policies, and will pass the policy from Hilton to me.

Am I qualified to BRG?

Also, if I book at the January sale rate at Hilton.com, which is also prepay and non-refundable, can I do BRG?

Thanks a lot!
double post ? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ow-strict.html

can anybody merge ?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, US Silver, Hilton Diamond
Read the previous 48 pages and don't waste your time.

Hi All,

Am I qualified to BRG?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K

Hi All,

Am I qualified to BRG?

Thanks a lot!

I know this thread is pretty anti HHonors BRG, but I've been quite successful with it over the years. I hadn't tried one in a couple of years due to change in travel plans (Diamond for 8 years down to 3 Hhonors stays last year). Anyway, I have 3 successful claims so far in 2010 and am about to submit a few more. You just have to know their system and have it exactly right in order for it to work. I got one for the rate being off $0.33. It was on a prepaid rate and since they couldn't adjust my rate, in addition to the $50 Amex check, they are sending a $10 check with it. It makes my stay at a Hilton all in $15.30. And to answer your question, yes it was on the January sale prepaid rate. You just need to make sure you find another prepaid rate that includes breakfast for the same room type.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by OkieFlyer
I know this thread is pretty anti HHonors BRG, but I've been quite successful with it over the years. I hadn't tried one in a couple of years due to change in travel plans (Diamond for 8 years down to 3 Hhonors stays last year). Anyway, I have 3 successful claims so far in 2010 and am about to submit a few more. You just have to know their system and have it exactly right in order for it to work. I got one for the rate being off $0.33. It was on a prepaid rate and since they couldn't adjust my rate, in addition to the $50 Amex check, they are sending a $10 check with it. It makes my stay at a Hilton all in $15.30. And to answer your question, yes it was on the January sale prepaid rate. You just need to make sure you find another prepaid rate that includes breakfast for the same room type.
Well, most prepaid rate on Expedia and Travelocity has a different cancelation policy (which is passed from the Hotel) from the prepaid rate (which is non-cancellable) on Hilton. Do you find it a big problem to get BRG?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Well, most prepaid rate on Expedia and Travelocity has a different cancelation policy (which is passed from the Hotel) from the prepaid rate (which is non-cancellable) on Hilton. Do you find it a big problem to get BRG?
I usually make sure that the cancel policy is exactly the same. If it says fully prepaid and non refundable, then I make sure the competing rate says the exact same thing. Don't get me wrong, Hilton's BRG is by far the most difficult I've used because the restrictions are very tight, but I've found that with some searching and making sure I have everything lined up properly, it usually works. I'm about to submit two more, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:20 pm
iwc

Contrary to the way the T & C's were previously interpreted it appears that a competing rate on hotels.com will not be matched with a BAR on hilton.com where you need to pre pay hotels.com and pay at check out with hilton even though cancellation policies are identical for full refund. Something seems very wrong with this interpretation.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:10 pm
Suspended

How many times do I need to repeat: Forget the Hilton BRG. They refuse to honor it unless you invest a huge amount of time, involve the BBB and possible your solicitor... @:-)
Old Jan 25, 2010, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by iwc
Contrary to the way the T & C's were previously interpreted it appears that a competing rate on hotels.com will not be matched with a BAR on hilton.com where you need to pre pay hotels.com and pay at check out with hilton even though cancellation policies are identical for full refund. Something seems very wrong with this interpretation.
Yes this will not match because it is not the very same!

Prepaid versus prepaid or post paid versus postpaid!

Besides, all the other details must be the same (e.g. cancellation policy, room types etc).
Old Jan 25, 2010, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
How many times do I need to repeat: Forget the Hilton BRG. They refuse to honor it unless you invest a huge amount of time, involve the BBB and possible your solicitor... @:-)
Well like I said, they definitely don't make it easy, but I'm 3 for 3 in January and just submitted 2 more so I'll know about those tomorrow.

Though honestly, once you understand what their terms are, I've found it pretty easy to be successful making claims. It can be a hassle, so it just depends on whether you want to invest the energy into it. I'm staying at Hilton this weekend that I will end up paying $15.30 for the night. I'll get full breakfast for my wife and I which I value at more than $15 and I'll get a stay credit at the points, so for me it is worth my time.

I'll report back tomorrow on how my latest two went as I'm a bit skeptical of one. Who knows, maybe I've just been lucky thus far.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
You guys gonna love the deny reason for Hampton INN

The reservation and rate you have found through expedia.com states a Non-Cancellable / Non-Refundable policy including Breakfast which does not match the Advance Purchase Policy (which does not include additional amenities) booked through Hilton. Therefore your claim is denied.

Old Jan 26, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by yyliu88
You guys gonna love the deny reason for Hampton INN

The reservation and rate you have found through expedia.com states a Non-Cancellable / Non-Refundable policy including Breakfast which does not match the Advance Purchase Policy (which does not include additional amenities) booked through Hilton. Therefore your claim is denied.

Breakfast is included to all guests at Hampton Inns. So the advance purchase rate through hilton.com is also inclusive of breakfast.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by kats
Breakfast is included to all guests at Hampton Inns. So the advance purchase rate through hilton.com is also inclusive of breakfast.
I knew that, emailed them back, was approved just few hours ago.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 8:58 pm

Ok, I said I'd report back, and now I'm 5 for 5 on claims being approved.

Though they are trying to make it more difficult on me. I had submitted 2 claims on Tuesday and a little after the 24hrs had passed I get an email denying my claim stating that the expedia rate I quoted was for a handicap accessible room. When you looked up the hotel the first one listed was for a handicap room, but if you scrolled down, then the standard King was there for the same price. So I immediately emailed the person back but didn't expect much of a response so I called GA. I was very polite, and told the agent my problem and said I was worried about hearing back etc etc, so she called and talked to the agent who had processed it and said she found my reply and would review it and get back to me. So a couple of hours later I got a denial on my 2nd one. This one didn't make any since to me because they claimed that it was on easyclicktravel and there was no rooms available for cash, only easy click points. I had no idea what she was talking about but immediately emailed her back and told her that I had screen shots of the rates I would be happy to send. Anyway, instead of waiting I called GA again and got a very helpful agent. I explained my situation, told her that I would really like for someone to look at my case. She put me on hold and called a supervisor and he looked up my case, verified the rate and sent me an email while I was still on the phone saying I had been approved and since it was prepaid they would refund the difference. Since she was so helpful I asked her if she could help with my other one, so she repeated the process and he verified it also and approved me.
Yes it is a horrible process and the agents are clearly trained to try and deny everything, but I love the challenge of getting them approved :-) So once I deduct the $50 AMEX check from my rate, I'm getting to stay at a Hilton for $13.70 and then move to a Hilton Garden Inn for the next night for $26.94. ^^

I think I called GA 5 times yesterday, and it really depends on what agent you get and helpful they want to be. I understand peoples frustration, because they do make it very very difficult, but that's why I just keep calling until I get the right person who will actually help me.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thank you for sharing OkieFlyer. Can you list all the websites that have been approved for BRGs by Hilton? Mine from www.booking.com was denied because they use a voucher, whatever that means.

I know you mentioned www.easyclicktravel.com. (What a horrible web site BTW, can't even sort by hotel chain?) Any others that are BRG eligible would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.