Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Oct 7, 2000, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

We will be in South Beach in December and I am wondering if there is a hilton property in South beach that I can stay at and use my HH points
Old Oct 7, 2000, 3:51 pm

It's not exactly at South Beach but near, and it's not one I would recommend.

Miami's most renowned landmark hotel, the Fontainebleau Hilton Resort, is situated in the midst of 20 lush tropical acres. Comprised of three buildings, this 1,206-room resort, including sixty lavish suites, has something to offer both the business or leisure traveler.

When Miami Beach saw the opening of the Fontainebleau's door, overnight it became the island's premier resort, the "Crown Jewel of Miami Beach". It was the top resort hotel in the most popular and famous resort area of the country. http://www.hilton.com/hotels/MIAFHHH/index.html
Old Feb 6, 2001, 4:32 pm

Miami or N. Miami Beach Hilton Brands

Any suggestion on any of the Hilton brands in this area. Nicest hotel, which upgrade gold etc. Thanks very much.
Old Feb 6, 2001, 6:45 pm

The Surfcomber Doubletree is an exellent property, if you want to stay in South Beach. Exellent location right on the beach , next to the Raliegh & Delano
check it out on website. Good luck.
Old Feb 6, 2001, 9:01 pm

yes the newly renovated surfcomber is a beauty - but super booked and very hard to get free nights. i just tried this week. You can try the FONTAINEBLEAU - Much bigger but pretty good.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 12:07 am

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
Hilton HHonors Properties in Fort Lauderdale

What Hilton Honors related properties in the FTL area, so I can complete my 4 stay bonus this weekend. Doesn't have to be a full service hotel. ANy that qualify will work.

Not interested in the FLL Airport Hilton!

What was the code for the 50,000 mile bonus?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ROADRUNNER (edited 03-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ROADRUNNER (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old Mar 13, 2001, 6:16 am
Suspended

I usually find the Sunrise Hilton (University dr/Oakland Park) a much nicer property than the airport Hilton but it is quite a ways from the airport but quite accessible from I-75, Turnpike or Sawgrass
Expy. Rates may be better now also since its not near the beach (Spring break)
Old Mar 13, 2001, 6:20 am
pjs

Try the Deerfield Beach Embassy Suites. It's a beautiful property right on the beach just north of Fort Lauderdale.

If you need to stay in Lauderdale proper, you can try the Embassy Suites on 17th Street Causeway. Once you get past the ugly yellow exterior, it's a very nice property with quick access to the beach (if the bridge construction isn't too bad).

There's also a decent Doubletree on the beach in Fort Lauderdale, but beware of Spring Breakers! Have fun.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 9:29 am

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
Within the last two weeks I stayed at both the Doubletree Suites and the Doubletree Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. The Doubletree Suites on Sunrise Blvd was disappointing and my room was a bit rundown. The Suites' location is on the intercostal waterway and not the beach proper. The Doubletree Hotel is actually on the beach about a mile and a half south and I felt was a much nicer property.
Old Mar 13, 2001, 9:45 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FWIW, I believe that the Marriott Harbor Beach is somewhat better!
Old Mar 14, 2001, 11:04 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
The Sunrise Hilton, as mentioned above, is a nice property, although about a 20 minute drive from "downtown" Ft. Lauderdale. Good rooms, a small pool, and friendly staff, and right off University Dr., which is a short 15 minute drive from the airport.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.
Old Mar 14, 2001, 6:53 pm

I definitely second that vote on the condition of the DoubleTree Suites on Sunrise. We booked in there last summer for 8 days and after 3 days we decided to leave. Some rooms are better than others, but some were pretty run down (we saw 3 total)One "suite" was actually smaller than a standard hotel room and the sofa was crammed in right in front of the window with just barely enough room to walk in front of it. The Embassy Suites Deerfield is fabulous. The pool is outdoors, but in FL that is fine. It is a definite winner.
Cindi
Old Mar 15, 2001, 6:46 am

It's March in Florida ... go for the lowest-end Hampton you can find if all you want it points. Otherwise, those 4,000 points will cost a couple hundred dollars.
Old Mar 18, 2001, 11:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Miami Beach Hiltons

The previous threads indicate that the Doubletree Surfcomber is better than the Fontainebleau Hilton Resort. Do most people agree?

How do they rate against the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at South Beach?

I'll be there in April. Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2001, 7:09 pm

Ive done a search and cant come up with much about the fontainebleau.I am a diamond member.What is the exec club like and would I get exec club if I went for the 6 night VIP award at 150.000 pts?Also are there any decent airport hotels for a quick early am getaway?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.