Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Miami, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2002, 6:51 am
Suspended

Would also recommend the new Hampton Inn and Suites on 57th Ave (Red road)stayed there two weekends ago. Free airport shuttle and more important free high speed internet.
Stay posted on Hilton.com in 2 days.
Mike
Old Aug 20, 2002, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Pass on the Hilton MIA. Not a dive but the
staff is weak. The weakness leads to a real
disappointment. So bad that you can not
wait until morning comes to leave and get
to the AA Flagship Lounge to take a nap.
Old Aug 20, 2002, 6:23 pm

Hilton @ MIA has always treated me very
well [Diamond].

Hampton @ MIA is a fine Hampton.

Doubletree Club is a dive, the pits, baaad,
clueless, untrained, uncooperative,
unknowledgable and has housekeeping
shortcomings. Never, ever again.

I will sleep on the floor at MIA before I
ever again spend one thin dime at the
Doubletree Club MIA.

-doug
Old Aug 20, 2002, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I was at the Hilton MIA today. As Gold we were treated very well - HHonors floor with lounge access. Only disappointment was that you could not take anything (a Coke or cookie for example) from the lounge back to your room. Evening lounge attendant was very aloof and uninspired, but the day staff more than made up for it. All in all a very nice hotel in a very attractive location.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 1:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just booked a stay for January at the Homewood Suites MIA and the web site says it's brand new. A "full" breakfast is included with every room rate. I got a weekend rate of $104 a night, compared with the Hilton MIA at $135. The Homewood is at 5500 Blue Lagoon Drive and the Hilton is at 5101 Blue Lagoon Drive.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Aug 21, 2002, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BL1KITW:
The Homewood is at 5500 Blue Lagoon Drive and the Hilton is at 5101 Blue Lagoon Drive.
</font>
It's just down the street and looks very new.
Old Aug 21, 2002, 3:39 pm

I would recommend the MIA Hilton. The staff was very nice and helpful to me and I got a pretty decent room (gold). Parking is 5$ / night. The restaurant isnt anything special, but other than that I would give them a thumbs up.
Old Sep 2, 2002, 8:29 pm
Original Member

Deerfield Beach, FL Properties

Can anyone provide comments on any of the Hilton, ES or Doubletree properties in Deerfield Beach? I will be staying with a 9 month old and would like a nice pool area.

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2002, 3:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton, Hertz, Enterprise
I stay quite often as the ES in Deerfield Beach. The rooms are large (2 bathrooms) and reasonably clean with mini-fridge and mini-microwave.

As I am there on business I can't comment on the ammenities other than the fact that I walk by the pool and it looks nice. Plus, you are right at the ocean.

Breakfast is good - plenty to eat and it is included.

You didn't say if you have any status with Hilton, but it can't hurt to ask for a high floor ocean front end room. In those rooms you get a wrap-around balcony and a nice view of the H2O.

I have also stayed at the Hilton Deerfield Beach (I-95 and Hillsboro) and it is nothing to write home about. That one is a 5-10 minute drive to the ocean.

I've never stayed at the 2tree in Deerfield, but I have spent many agonizing nights at the 2tree in Boca Raton. AVOID THE 2TREE IN BOCA - IT IS A DUMP. I hope I have made myself clear

SteveH
Old Sep 3, 2002, 7:14 am

BIG ADVANTAGE for a non-business visit of DS in Deerfield is that it is right on the beach.

Hilton is right on the I-95 highway. It takes 5-10 to drive from Hilton to the beach -- if you catch the drawbridge at the right time.

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Oct 6, 2002, 9:16 am

FLL Hilton suggestions?

Heading to the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Nov. 1 & 2, and would welcome recommendations on any Hilton properties in the area.

Previous searches on the subject make me inclined towards the Embassy Suites on the 17th st. causeway.

(I also understand to steer clear of the Hilton FLL Airport. Many negative posts re them.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

[This message has been edited by Biblioman (edited 10-06-2002).]
Old Oct 7, 2002, 8:24 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'd advise to steer clear of the Doubletree Oceanfront also. I did not have a good stay there back in May.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Biblioman you beat me to it, I'm heading to the show as well as was going to post this last night

I was checking yesterday and it looks as if both the FLL Hilton and Doubletree oceanfront are sold out. The 17th steet Embassy Suites looks ok from when I've seen it and would be a great location, but the rates are over $300 a night for that weekend. For that money, you can stay at the marina Marriott with direct water taxi service to most all areas of the show. Will be interesting to see what others have to say.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 9:17 am

JJeffrey,

Thanks for the input. Fortunately, I will be paying with points, so the $$ doesn't enter into it. (Although I haven't checked for blackout dates yet.) If there's a problem, then I thank you in advance for the tip on the Marriott.
Old Oct 7, 2002, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The Embassy Suites is in a fantastic location in regards to the boat show. It is alarge Embassy Suites. My vote is for Embassy Suites for sure! There is an Outback Steakhouse within walking distance and also a great Mexican restaurant on the corner of Cordova and 17th street causeway called Carlos and Pepe's. Enjoy the boat show. I know I will!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.