Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection hotel property.

Please report any errors such as broken links, for example to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.

Moderator notes (do not delete)

Posts older than 2013 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {ITA}

Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by jzafar
I thought the Alcove Suite was one large room with a larger than deluxe room seating area. I did not know it was a separate room.

I would rather have the extra room than the Rome view if I have to choose. We can always see the view from the Imperial Lounge.

Has anyone tried any of the facial or massage services?
Here's what the Alcove Suite looks like - my pics

http://imgur.com/a/glc1T

There is plenty of space in the Imperial Lounge for a Rome view.

The room was quite possibly one of the nicest rooms I've received as an upgrade. Normally, I always go for the better view. However, we were not disappointed by the space in the room. The closet is just ridiculous - a very large walkin closet.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, BA Avios, Delta Skymiles
Looks awesome! Fingers crossed!!!!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sig05
Here's what the Alcove Suite looks like - my pics

http://imgur.com/a/glc1T

There is plenty of space in the Imperial Lounge for a Rome view.

The room was quite possibly one of the nicest rooms I've received as an upgrade. Normally, I always go for the better view. However, we were not disappointed by the space in the room. The closet is just ridiculous - a very large walkin closet.
Stayed in alcove suite last October. It was probably one of the best room i ever stayed in. You simply do not want to leave the room. If I am not wrong, my suite was on the 5th floor, and I had a Rome view. But, I am pretty sure there is only one balcony.

Enjoy Rome
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by kt85
Stayed in alcove suite last October. It was probably one of the best room i ever stayed in. You simply do not want to leave the room. If I am not wrong, my suite was on the 5th floor, and I had a Rome view. But, I am pretty sure there is only one balcony.

Enjoy Rome
Same here - was in the room mid-October. Room was on the 5th floor. I only remember one balcony off the living area.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:56 pm

I recently booked the 2BR family room at the property it was a good rate of$300 EUR. However I don't see anyway to upgrade online. Does anyone have a quick summary of how I can upgrade one of the rooms ? TY!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sunil
I recently booked the 2BR family room at the property it was a good rate of$300 EUR. However I don't see anyway to upgrade online. Does anyone have a quick summary of how I can upgrade one of the rooms ? TY!
Just thought I mention one additional tip. I originally booked a cash and point rate for two deluxe room each night at 32K points and $135 euros.

I then found this 2BR family room at the sale rate of $300 which meant I paid almost the same amount and didn't have to use any points. Plus the rate included breakfast.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
It's been a while I stayed @ Cavalieri. Do they still provide free breakfast & pool access for Diamond ? Thinking of skipping Imperial this time, as we will dine @ Pergola, so no time to spend in the lounge in the evening.

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
It's been a while I stayed @ Cavalieri. Do they still provide free breakfast & pool access for Diamond ? Thinking of skipping Imperial this time, as we will dine @ Pergola, so no time to spend in the lounge in the evening.

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
You can go to the pool. Can't speak to breakfast as we ate in the Imperial Lounge every day.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Diamonds are offered a discounted price (EUR20) for breakfast.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:10 am

Pricelineing the Cavalieri

Have no status but am looking at the Rome Cavalieri at the beginning of September. Looking at upgrading for the Imperial floor.

Currently, Priceline has an express deal at a hotel that is almost certainly the Cavalieri (aware of the risks inherent in trying to identify hotels on Priceline). Effectively the Priceline deal offers a "suite" for the same price as an imperial room elsewhere.

I am concerned that booking this way might prevent access to some of the amenities that normally come with an imperial room or suite, including the Imperial club and the spa. Because Priceline does not reveal the name of the hotel there is no indication that the room includes these features. Does anyone have experience booking the Rome Cavalieri's upgraded rooms through oblique booking sites? Did you get all of the benefits that normally come with the specific room? Did you get lesser treatment in any way?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:13 am

I had always had this hotel on my list to stay at if I was in Rome. Took advantage of the good Europe airfares and am going to be in Rome 5 nights. Seemed perfect to redeem points for 5th night free here but I'm having second thoughts after reading through this most recent thread. Upscale/5* is always nice but if I can get something almost as nice but in a better location and for less points, I tend to lean that way.

Silver status, first time Rome visitor, is it worth it to burn the points here?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tys90
I had always had this hotel on my list to stay at if I was in Rome. Took advantage of the good Europe airfares and am going to be in Rome 5 nights. Seemed perfect to redeem points for 5th night free here but I'm having second thoughts after reading through this most recent thread. Upscale/5* is always nice but if I can get something almost as nice but in a better location and for less points, I tend to lean that way.

I hate to say it, but without having a high level Rome view room, or access to the Imperial Club level, I would probably chose something closer to the city center.

Even as a Diamond, the fact that they closed the downstairs HH lounge and charge for breakfast has pretty much steered my away from considering this property unless I can score a deal on an Imperial level room.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
if I can get something almost as nice but in a better location and for less points, I tend to lean that way.
You can't with Hilton. Only other options are HGI or the Hilton FCO, and neither of those is in the center nor "almost as nice" as Waldorf. Perhaps Marriott or SPG, both of which have 4 and 5* properties in the historic center.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You can't with Hilton. Only other options are HGI or the Hilton FCO, and neither of those is in the center nor "almost as nice" as Waldorf. Perhaps Marriott or SPG, both of which have 4 and 5* properties in the historic center.
Good point as well. I can't see paying that amount points for those SPG properties either. The Marriott properties perhaps but those would have to come from my SPG balance, which again, I seem to find better uses for and they are harder to accumulate than Hilton. Perhaps I'm looking too hard for the best possible usage of points and should take a earn and burn approach when it comes to Hilton.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

IMO - No. Nice property, nice rooms w/ good view of Vatican City and Rome if you're in a higher floor room but far from most of the stuff in Rome you'll want to see. A 30 minute walk to the Vatican (downhill going, uphill on the return) but everything else (Colosseum / Forum / Trevi / etc.) requires a cab. I'd stay down in the central city if you want to see the sites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.