Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2003, 1:32 pm

I wish I would have been mailed a 30 or 60 day notice - I found out *after* my account had been purged that I lost over 80K points. Has anyone had any luck with bringing them back from the dead?
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sky 1:
Get the no annual fee HHonors Visa and charge $1.00 to it.</font>
...AND earn 10,000 Hilton HHonors points for your first $1.00 charge, according to today's HiltonHHonors.com home page.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 12:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChicagoDoc:
I wish I would have been mailed a 30 or 60 day notice - I found out *after* my account had been purged that I lost over 80K points. Has anyone had any luck with bringing them back from the dead?</font>
My brother just received an email notice today from HHonors. They're giving him until March 1st to keep the account active.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:22 am
msb

Account/Points Expiring - Does Point Purchase Count

I just got an email stating that my account will expire in April due to inactivity. I wish I had gotten this 2 weeks ago. I stayed one night at a hotel last week, and there was a Hampton Inn next door

The letter outlined a few options to keep the account active. My question is, would a point purchase count as activity? I figure spending $12.50 for 1000 points is a little easier than a hotel stay.

Or does anyone know of any surveys, etc. that are out there currently that would serve the same purpose?

(I really don't want another credit card)

Thanks.

Mark
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:44 am
msb

Well, I didn't realize that the Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card had no annual fee.

In that case, I guess I should just apply for this and use it.

Any drawbacks to this?

Mark
Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:14 pm
In Memoriam

Yes, a point purchase will work. My daughter got the same e-mail about two months ago, and I advised her that the $12.50 purchase would be the fastest, cheapest way to retain her points and it did work.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Easiest way to keep an old HH account alive?

An relative who lives overseas and doesn't travel much has an HHonors account within 30 days of being forfeited for lack of activity. Is there a simple way to prevent this from happening? Once Hawaiian Air extended my accounts by depositing a token 100 points in them. Will HHonors do this for me? (I am Gold, but my relative is obviously not.)
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:49 am

Among others:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006200.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/009772.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/010070.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/009875.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008588.html
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:33 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I did the MyPoints signup at
http://www.mypoints.com/mp/dmp?objec...anding.default

That supposed to post within a few days. My fallback is to buy 1000 points for $12.50. Thanks!!
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:04 pm

30000 Points gone away...

I have two hhonors account .
In one I'm gold with a lot of stays in the other one I had 30000 points accumulated by e-rewards and aa exchanges.
Now the have taken my K30 off from my account as I had no activity since 2 years.
I wrote to the customer service asking them to please reinstead my points to my account as they never informed me that my points will be taken off from my account and the hhonors exchange with AA is not a activity to remain my points valid.
They mailed me back 3 days after to offering me the half of the K30 points to be credited back to my account if I stay 5 times in the next 90 days, and as the rules said in the hhonors form they cannot give me back my points.
so I'm really dissapointed with them as I wanted to use my points for 3 free nights in cairo egypt in june.
Now instead of hilton I will stay in my future trips with starwood and get my points there.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
If you got to the Hilton HHonors website you can read the Terms and Conditions for HHonors membership.

Rule #13 allows Hilton to close your account and take back the miles if you haven't had any activity in 12 months. So they were giving you some benefit of the doubt by waiting for 2 years before deciding that your account was dormant.

Another rule you ought to be aware of is rule #8 - HHonors Members cannot maintain membership in or earn points on multiple accounts.

Almost forgot - Rule #14 says that if you don't know about the above it's your own fault.

Last edited by pdhenry; Apr 26, 2004 at 4:22 pm
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:25 pm

First of all, any earning activity in your account extends expiration of your points. If you have earned HH points in your account in the last 12 months, even through third party sources, that account should remain valid.

That said, multiple accounts are prohibited by the rules. While in the past they may have let it slide, they may start enforcing these rules at any moment at their discretion.

For more information, see HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:40 pm

question

I have a friend with an award ordered last may.
He has not earned anymore points and now wishess to put the award back in the account.
would that constitute action on the account?
He doesnt want to put the points back in and loose them all(he actually purchased points at the end of may for the award)
Old Apr 26, 2004, 9:18 pm
Original Member

Hilton points

Hi Worldwide traveller,
If you go back a couple of pages of posts, FT France USA mentioned how he lost 142K of points due to inactivity. He pursued his case and was able to get the points reinstated. Worth a try? Here's a link to the post.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132297

Also have you tried emailing the Hilton flyertalk rep?

[email protected]

Lastly maybe getting in touch with FT France USA for his Hilton contact to see if he can help you out.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eugene
That said, multiple accounts are prohibited by the rules. While in the past they may have let it slide, they may start enforcing these rules at any moment at their discretion.

For more information, see HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Ummm ... I have two accounts. My Diamond account, which will expire in May, and my Gold account, courtesy of ACAQ. I have not merged them, because my travel plans are not firm, and I thought that HH might offer me a challenge to re-instate my Diamond.

Meanwhile, for something that is supposedly not allowed, they sure have that option on their website ("Merge Accounts", which IMO implies you have more than one account ).

Now I know I can't earn in more than one account at a time, but there seems no real prohibition against holding more than one account.

???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.