Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:19 pm

Welcome to flyertalk. What Happy said.

Some HH agents still talk about GLON instead of using new terminology.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume i can book two rooms with AXONs at the same time at the same property - there is no restriction on that, right?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You sure can. Whether you'll get points on incidentals for both rooms is a crapshoot though, so try to charge everything to your own room.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Leave them an upper decker whilst you are at it.
hahahaha
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
I know you can't use an AXON for the Grand Wailea and other W=A properties that are more than 50,000 pts per night, but can you use an AXON for a W=A property that is 50,000 pts per night like The Roosevelt in New Orleans since it is the same amount of points as a Category 7? Obviously after March 28 everything changes, but prior to March 28?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by hhonors fan
I know you can't use an AXON for the Grand Wailea and other W=A properties that are more than 50,000 pts per night, but can you use an AXON for a W=A property that is 50,000 pts per night like The Roosevelt in New Orleans since it is the same amount of points as a Category 7? Obviously after March 28 everything changes, but prior to March 28?
My understanding is no -- the system will only take the AXON if the resort is coded as a 7, and WAs are coded as their own categories, to my understanding. I would try it, though, and see what happens.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:58 pm

axon/5th night free

I just attempted to use Axon for 4 nights this fall in HI and was told cant use, so I attempted to use new program (5th night free) and was told cant use that either till after 3/28/13.
HH rep said "were in a transition period." Does that sound accurate?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
My understanding is no -- the system will only take the AXON if the resort is coded as a 7, and WAs are coded as their own categories, to my understanding. I would try it, though, and see what happens.
No, doesn't work. You do get WA VIP awards for 15-25% off though.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by alshrink
I just attempted to use Axon for 4 nights this fall in HI and was told cant use, so I attempted to use new program (5th night free) and was told cant use that either till after 3/28/13.
HH rep said "were in a transition period." Does that sound accurate?
No. You should be able to use AXON if there is 4 day availability at the resort. Many are doing it.

As for 5th night free, I'm sure it's right you can't do it before 3/28. But I would think a VIP award would work out just as good if not better and you can book that now.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:38 pm

AXON Hilton HHonors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Update: the old "call back in and start over."
I called again and was able to use Axon for 12/13 in HI after being told on previous call that I couldn't.
That was really odd. Was worth second call as got Category 7 for 145K for 4 nights. Thanks for quick and helpful response.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
So are AXON awards going away, has that been confirmed?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by colpuck
It hasn't been confirmed to me by AMEX, but I cannot see them offering me 145K for a 4night stay that costs 380K and comes with a free night.

If somehow they keep AXON they would be a discount on the new prices not the old. So best to burn now if you can, and I wouldn't get a new AMEX until they come clean about it.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:15 pm

No. Plain and simple - no.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 2:09 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Ritz
No. Plain and simple - no.
I've spoken to three different diamond desk CSRs over the last couple of days to change some AXON reservations and two volunteered, without me asking, that AXON awards are going away.

So maybe AMEX has not confirmed, but I'm not encouraged by their comments.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:20 pm

I am almost positive the current AXON awards are going to disappear. I am hopeful that we might get a replacement though.

With the move to variable award pricing something which is a percentage discount, point rebate on redemption, or x night free deal is the most likely offer.

I would think that it could just simply be a 4th night free deal. Which would be very similar to the AXON awards that are likely to be discontinued. The 5th night free offer which has already been announced is a 20% discount while a 4th night free would be a 25% discount. At the high end a 95k a night hotel is 76k a night counting the 5th night free. Under a 4th night free deal it would be 71.25k. For hotels which are still 50k a night it would be 150k for a 4 night stay which is almost the same as the current AXON awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.