Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ritz
Not with Hilton's customer disservice representatives.
What a true statement! And incompetent too!

Last week after cancelling a 40K booking the pts did not return. Called. Took multiple calls to get a case opened. More calls but no one was willing to move the case up for supervisor to look at, citing 10 biz days wait being standard procedure. It is their IT malfunction yet we the customers have to suffer.

Yesterday booked an AXON at Conrad Hong Kong. The rep asked me 1 or 2 adults. Told him 2 adults but the reservation still showed 1 adult.
Talking to a CSR this evening on another booking, and casually mentioned about this. She voluntarily to "fix" it - by deducting another 145K!

I did not even realize it until I logged in AMEX to make a payment and then saw the HHonor pts drastically reduced balance... found out that goof.

Called. The rep had difficulty to even get the full HHonor number - all told it took 5 tries. Finally made her understood the issue. To the credit of her though, instead of giving me the run-around of 7 to 10 biz days for the pts to return, she went for help desk and periodically came back to tell me "a few more minutes to fix this"...

Eventually she handed me over to another rep at the Help Desk. She canceled the 340K AXON and then rebooked it using the existing certificate. Canceled the 2nd cert the other rep accidentally ordered, and put back 145K pts.

This is so annoying!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

The web site makes it worse, because it is hard to reconstruct anything. You never can tell exactly what's going on.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by presario1626
Guess I can get a room at pretty much most of the top category Hilton properties at $316/night anyways, plus I earn points. With AXON award going away, this card is now pretty much worthless. I only got the card for 3 months, made 2 AXON reservations, what a waste of credit pull.
Originally Posted by Ritz
Um, you might wanna rethink that logic. Check out prices in Maldives, Bora Bora, the Seychelles, etc and let me know when you're able to grab a room for $316/night.
No need to go the exotic places, just check out Hong Kong and Singapore as well as Tokyo... It would need to have a 40% off sale to even come close to that $316 price tag.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkar
The web site makes it worse, because it is hard to reconstruct anything. You never can tell exactly what's going on.
I resorted to build a spreadsheet to keep track of the deduction because HHonor does not show that at all.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Happy
What a true statement! And incompetent too!

Last week after cancelling a 40K booking the pts did not return. Called. Took multiple calls to get a case opened. More calls but no one was willing to move the case up for supervisor to look at, citing 10 biz days wait being standard procedure. It is their IT malfunction yet we the customers have to suffer.

Yesterday booked an AXON at Conrad Hong Kong. The rep asked me 1 or 2 adults. Told him 2 adults but the reservation still showed 1 adult.
Talking to a CSR this evening on another booking, and casually mentioned about this. She voluntarily to "fix" it - by deducting another 145K!

I did not even realize it until I logged in AMEX to make a payment and then saw the HHonor pts drastically reduced balance... found out that goof.

Called. The rep had difficulty to even get the full HHonor number - all told it took 5 tries. Finally made her understood the issue. To the credit of her though, instead of giving me the run-around of 7 to 10 biz days for the pts to return, she went for help desk and periodically came back to tell me "a few more minutes to fix this"...

Eventually she handed me over to another rep at the Help Desk. She canceled the 340K AXON and then rebooked it using the existing certificate. Canceled the 2nd cert the other rep accidentally ordered, and put back 145K pts.

This is so annoying!
7-10 biz days to get points back after cancelling a reservation? Was that a glitch or was it supposed to happen consistently? Sounded really bad.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kryton2005
You are correct. I forgot to add an update here. Soon after my first call with the Axxon CSR, I called again and the second CSR was able to book it for me for a standard queen room for those nights.
Congrats! ^ You now hold among the best AXON's in the entire system. Enjoy it!

Its strange how different CSR's give different info.
That's actually not *too* strange with either HH or pretty much any other airline or hotel out there. It's the Flyertalk equivalent to tech support for any Microsoft product: "call back and get another agent" is our "try rebooting."

I've actually never had any real troubles with HH phone support. The main reason I've had to call them is to book AXON's or - long ago - I think I had to call them to book an ALON or two. They haven't messed one up yet.

Wow... That would certainly constitute "messing one up". When I booked my AXON's on Monday, I realized I didn't tell the agent any number of people. She put 4 adults into each room and I got concerned that the hotel would see this as a reason to kick it out later because each room only had one queen bed. But booking directly on the site...4 adults is allowed (there is a sofabed), so I guess it's not an issue.

No need to go the exotic places, just check out Hong Kong and Singapore as well as Tokyo... It would need to have a 40% off sale to even come close to that $316 price tag.
+1. Did C&P awards in HK and Tokyo last year. Great value per HH point and excellent hotels overall. ^

It'll be interesting to see what happens to C&P after the program changes. Nobody's really talked about that too much.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by yoyo
7-10 biz days to get points back after cancelling a reservation? Was that a glitch or was it supposed to happen consistently? Sounded really bad.
It's normally an excuse that CSRs use to get you off the phone.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dw1234
Does anybody know if there is a special AXON rate for 5 nights? Right now I have reserved an AXON at the HHV and then a one night C601 right after that. So I'm spending 165K points for the 5 nights.

Also, since I don't really want to check out after 4 nights and then check back in, should I tell them about my C601 reservation right away when I check in for the AXON? Or should I hold off until the night before the AXON stay ends?

Thanks.
For a Cat 6 5 night stay, you would be (slightly) better to use a GLON rather than an AXON. GLON would be 32K per night and AXON 33K per night so a small savings..
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
For a Cat 6 5 night stay, you would be (slightly) better to use a GLON rather than an AXON. GLON would be 32K per night and AXON 33K per night so a small savings..
Good point. Plus the poster can save the cert.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yoyo
Glitch. Normally the pts return right back.

I also experienced similar glitch with SPG but a call to them the SPG agent can IMMEDIATELY fix it once s/he saw the cancellation and no pts return. Not the case with HHonor. it took a 3 calls to get a claim case opened, and a total of 8 calls and by 7th biz day to get an agent finally reluctantly went for a supervisor who then put the 40K back (I never got to talk to a supervisor despite I politely asked if I could.) It seems the HHonor agents do NOT want to own up any customer service issues caused by their glitchy system.

Then the last agent proceeded to screw up the existing AXON booking when modifying the number of adults in room.

Also you would not be able to see balance change without log out and log back in. Refreshing the screen does not seem to work. Therefore I failed to catch the additional 145K deducted. It is even on the modified reservation - a 2nd cert was ordered and attached to the reservation! Luckily the night agent was able to see it and the help desk was still working at 7pm EST. It took the agent almost 10 min to turn me over to the Help Desk agent who then asked me CC info - as the correction was to cancel the messed up one, returned the extra cert to the account and rebooked a fresh one using the previously ordered cert. Hence the CC info because she said she would not be able to see the one given before.

The agent from Help Desk insisted 7 to 10 biz days to get pts back from canceled award is "standard procedure" if the system does not do it automatically.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 28, 2013 at 7:15 pm
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
I just booked an AXON at the DT Times Square over New Years. Even if I just fly in, check in and use the toilet I will feel good knowing HH has to pay all that money to the hotel for my room. One piece of satisfaction for me due to their incredible devaluation.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ericgartner
I just booked an AXON at the DT Times Square over New Years. Even if I just fly in, check in and use the toilet I will feel good knowing HH has to pay all that money to the hotel for my room. One piece of satisfaction for me due to their incredible devaluation.
Leave them an upper decker whilst you are at it.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by ericgartner
Make sure to take the cookie too. They are really good.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:51 pm
SBT

HHonors cancels GLON and AXON awards?

With the increase in HHonors redemption rates I booked a future stay in NYC using Honors points. I am both a VIP as well as possessing an AMEX HHonors card.
The Diamond VIP desk at Hilton Honors told me GLON was discontinued two years ago and AXON awards ended January 1, 2013, but they can still book them at the discretion of the individual property. I was able to book an AXON6 award for 125,000 Honors points. This was news to me.
Can someone please verify? Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SBT
With the increase in HHonors redemption rates I booked a future stay in NYC using Honors points. I am both a VIP as well as possessing an AMEX HHonors card.
The Diamond VIP desk at Hilton Honors told me GLON was discontinued two years ago and AXON awards ended January 1, 2013, but they can still book them at the discretion of the individual property. I was able to book an AXON6 award for 125,000 Honors points. This was news to me.
Can someone please verify? Thanks.
GLON is indeed replaced by VIP long time ago.

AXON is available until March 28.

See this STICKY in this Forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.