Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Old Feb 20, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Originally Posted by deant
There is no way that the current AXON award ca survive. How would the handle the point changes based upon the time of year. It is not just a matter of 2 levels because a reservation can bridge the 2 seasons.
Agreed.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:18 pm
Suspended

In another thread a first time poster reported that the AXON was dead. I just contacted HHonors Diamond Desk and was advised of the following:

1). One can book an AXON award now thru till the changeover on 3/28; and

2). After the changeover, the AXON award will no longer be offered.

However, the blurb read to me did say that the AXON award is to be replaced by some undefined replacement to be unveiled no later than the end of February 2013, and perhaps sooner.

That's all I was able to get and others who might have a relationship with a Diamond Desk agent might be able to get more, but it would appear that the AXON award is on life support to be replaced by some undefined other award type.

The agent had no information on whether the GLON awards will survive or not.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
In another thread a first time poster reported that the AXON was dead. I just contacted HHonors Diamond Desk and was advised of the following:

1). One can book an AXON award now thru till the changeover on 3/28; and

2). After the changeover, the AXON award will no longer be offered.

However, the blurb read to me did say that the AXON award is to be replaced by some undefined replacement to be unveiled no later than the end of February 2013, and perhaps sooner.

That's all I was able to get and others who might have a relationship with a Diamond Desk agent might be able to get more, but it would appear that the AXON award is on life support to be replaced by some undefined other award type.

The agent had no information on whether the GLON awards will survive or not.
I believe it will be this new program benefit of redeem points for four nights, get the fifth night free. Not many places I stay five nights at.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
I believe it will be this new program benefit of redeem points for four nights, get the fifth night free. Not many places I stay five nights at.
While that could be it AXON was a perk for AMEX cardholders only. The 5th day free is for any HH member Silver and up. The 5th night free has already been unveiled. Hopefully they still offer some sort of a discount but yo have to use more pints than today.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:39 am

I doubt it would be the same 5th night free for Amex holders also... that would basically give no special amex benefit. Unless of course they will say that 5th night free will be available to all hilton amex cardholders, not only "elites". which will suck.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lewinr
I doubt it would be the same 5th night free for Amex holders also... that would basically give no special amex benefit. Unless of course they will say that 5th night free will be available to all hilton amex cardholders, not only "elites". which will suck.
Unfortunately, the way they get around that is the fact that every single one who is an HHonors AMEX cardholder is an elite, I believe. IF you hold the regular card you are guaranteed at least Silver status and I don't see one dropping below that status if they hold the Surpass card.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:25 am

I wonder if you can order an AXON cert now and use it after March 28 by cancelling the reservation but not the cert and trying to apply it to a new reservation.

I might book a few AXONs that I don't need out into the future just in case. Seems like a longshot but who knows.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Yes you can, however, post 3/28, you can only apply AXON certs to cat 7 or less, i.e. can't use them on cat 8-10.

Originally Posted by lkar
I wonder if you can order an AXON cert now and use it after March 28 by cancelling the reservation but not the cert and trying to apply it to a new reservation.

I might book a few AXONs that I don't need out into the future just in case. Seems like a longshot but who knows.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: HH diamond

The new T&C specifically state that if you make any changes to any rewards booking made under the old points costs will bew charged at the new rate. So if you cancel your reservation, the 145K will be redeposited in your acct and the costs of the new reservation at the new points cost will be charged instead.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
The new T&C specifically state that if you make any changes to any rewards booking made under the old points costs will bew charged at the new rate. So if you cancel your reservation, the 145K will be redeposited in your acct and the costs of the new reservation at the new points cost will be charged instead.
When you cancel an AXON reservation the cert doesn't automatically cancel. I am talking about ordering a cert now and trying to use it post 3/28.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by rdchen
Yes you can, however, post 3/28, you can only apply AXON certs to cat 7 or less, i.e. can't use them on cat 8-10.
That would be ok. Using at a cat 7 that requires 60k per night would still be a great savings. If they are going to get rid of AXON, having a few certs in your back pocket seems like worth trying. How sure are you of your answer?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:57 am

If I want to stay 5 nights in a Cat7 hotel, can DD make an AXON + 5th night
reservation(for the total of 195K) or the 5th night reservation should be made separately? The points for this hotel is rising to 60K so for the 5 nights it will be 240K after March 28th!!

Last edited by JCary; Feb 21, 2013 at 8:57 am Reason: error
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:57 am

noone knows for sure, however since the certificate is good for category 1-7 hotels, I'd say you have a pretty strong case.

That would be ok. Using at a cat 7 that requires 60k per night would still be a great savings. If they are going to get rid of AXON, having a few certs in your back pocket seems like worth trying. How sure are you of your answer?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:02 am

Just book it as GLON 5-night reward for 140K, cheaper than AXON+1 cat 5.

Originally Posted by JCary
If I want to stay 5 nights in a Cat7 hotel, can DD make an AXON + 5th night
reservation(for the total of 195K) or the 5th night reservation should be made separately? The points for this hotel is rising to 60K so for the 5 nights it will be 240K after March 28th!!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Mommypoints says that the Hilton reserve free night certificates can still be used on category 1-10 hotels. I'd feel better if there was more confirmation.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/mommyp...-up-bonus-now/

Last edited by jphripjah; Feb 21, 2013 at 9:36 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.