Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective Dec. 31 2016, Hilton eliminated AXON awards with no notice.
Print Wikipost

AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
Quick question for this award:

Does the card holder must be the guest? I am hoping to use this for my parents on their vacation (Cat 6 hotel... ... you know where... to one of the most exotic Hilton hotels in the world, of course, pending availability).

I have Hilton Amex card and am HH Diamond. But I won't be traveling with my parents. If I am successful in booking this award under AXON, will my parents have difficult time if they don't have Hilton Amex card?

If so, the obvious solution to this is to just add my dad's name to my card account and issue a card for him.
This issue has been covered on this thread even as recently as the previous page.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:02 pm

Is AXON award good for Hawaii???

Hi, is the AXON award (the one for American Express Card holders) 4 nights for
125,000 points good for the Hilton Hawaiian Village or the Hilton Waikoloa Village? Are there other awards for these two hotels?
Thanks.
D.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Yes, you can use the AXON at these hotels as well as the other VIP awards (GLON, ALON, etc.). You can also use them at the property in Kauai, but not at the Grand Wailea in Maui.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I was just looking at my reservation on the hilton site, and it shows booking code C604 with 160,000 points as the cost, though my account is showing the correct 125,000 deducted. The coupon/confirmation that was emailed to me when I first made the rez clearly shows AXON and 125,000 as the cost. Is this normal for the rez to show up differently?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cstead
I was just looking at my reservation on the hilton site, and it shows booking code C604 with 160,000 points as the cost, though my account is showing the correct 125,000 deducted. The coupon/confirmation that was emailed to me when I first made the rez clearly shows AXON and 125,000 as the cost. Is this normal for the rez to show up differently?
Believe this is normal. Have the same thing happening for a stay in Rome this summer. Believe it has to do with how much the hotel is paid.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Situation normal.

Originally Posted by cstead
Old May 1, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
Originally Posted by JDiver
Situation normal.
I've also had this happen at my last 2 AXON stays. My guess is that the difference between the 160k points and the 125k we paid is somehow made up by AMEX who can buy points from Hilton at an advantagous price.
Old May 26, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Made my first AXON reservation yesterday. I had impression I need to contact AMEX people for the AXON reward stay but got it done yesterday with an agent from Diamon desk while I was working with DD for another reward stay.

The staty shown as C604 with 160000 points but only 125000 points deducted from my account as some other FTers already stated.
Old May 27, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott-SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by iahphx
Sheesh -- I've been active in the HHonors program for about a year now (accululating about 200,000 points), and I'm just figuring out this AXOM thing.

It sounds like the perfect award -- 4 nights at Cat. 6 for 125,000. I thought I'd have to stay 6 nights somewhere to get good "value" for my points. I rarely want to stay 6 nights anywhere.

So could someone summarize the story behind this award? Looking at the early posts, it seems like some sort of email was sent out to Hilton AMEX members. But that was several years ago, and the original links don't work. Is it now just a "super secret" promo that you just have to be aware of? I've never seen it referenced on the official HHonors site. Can I assume that this award will be offered indefinitely (or until someone secretly decides to stop it)?

BTW, I've seen some reference to the award being good for 2 people. But I also see reference to having more guests. Is there any problem using the award if you have your family (4 people total) with you? I'm thinking of using it for a family vacation at the Waikoloa Village, but I don't think we want to stay there more than 4 nights.

Thanks.
We used the AXON award at the Hilton Waikoloa for our family of 4 last year with no problem. Of course both of our children are under 18, I'm assuming yours are as well?

I'm not sure if they'd be OK with 4 adults.
Old May 27, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Am very interested in this answer

Originally Posted by loomis
Another question: If I am the primary cardholder, and the AMEX is linked to my HH account, can I call and make an AXON reward out of my wife's HH account? Has anyone tried this?
I am the primary AMEX cardholder but my husband also has a card on this account and it varies slightly in the cardnumber. Right now he has more HH points in his account but the diamond desk made me take the points from my acct for the AXON as I am the primary card holder. Was this correct? Seems like he should be able to use an AXON award using his points too..
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Axon award is for 2 adults only!

I just made an Axon award for Double-Tree Suites Times Sq in NYC.
I told the reservation agent that I am not sure if we'll be only 2 adults or 4 adults. She told me that if we'll be 4 adults, I will have to add $20 per person per day. Can somebosy confirm that this is the std policy...?
By the way, this pricing is compatible with Hilton web prices for this property. For 4 adults the price is $40 more than for 2 adults.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
6 people - 2 rooms - axon reward

Have seached and not found answer? We are looking to book 2 rooms for our family. One for my husband and I and one for our daughters and husbands?
Has anyone had any luck with doing this? Is it covered under terms and conditions? (husband is diamond member if that matters) Cant find where 4 to room is addressed or if any extra charge applies?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I just stayed at the Double Tree Suites Times Sq in NY Feb of this year and booked my stay using the Axon award. When I called to book my award, I told them that my sister and her husband would be staying with me since we had a suite. I was told, no problem, and when I asked if it would be an extra charge, they said No. My sister name and her husband was added to my reservation and they even told me that the four of us could have breakfast each day. I would call back and challenge them regarding the extra charge, perhaps you are going during the High Season?

Originally Posted by IntFF
I just made an Axon award for Double-Tree Suites Times Sq in NYC.
I told the reservation agent that I am not sure if we'll be only 2 adults or 4 adults. She told me that if we'll be 4 adults, I will have to add $20 per person per day. Can somebosy confirm that this is the std policy...?
By the way, this pricing is compatible with Hilton web prices for this property. For 4 adults the price is $40 more than for 2 adults.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
I just tried to book an AXON reward at the Conrad Tokyo for December and the agent said I had to be either a Platinum American Express holder or a Diamond member. I explained that I had the Hilton AMEX and she said I was not eligable and would have to spend 160,000 points. After a short rant I was transfered to Diamond Desk (even though im only gold) and they took care of me, no problem. Weird.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by bestbet33
I just tried to book an AXON reward at the Conrad Tokyo for December and the agent said I had to be either a Platinum American Express holder or a Diamond member. I explained that I had the Hilton AMEX and she said I was not eligable and would have to spend 160,000 points. After a short rant I was transfered to Diamond Desk (even though im only gold) and they took care of me, no problem. Weird.
I think it gets booked through the diamond desk for some reason (maybe those reps have the ability to book things that others can't?). In anycase...you definitely don't need to be diamond to book the AXON, and as you can see...you don't even have to be diamond to get transferred to the diamond desk!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.