Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by magnicus
This location has both interior and exterior rooms also. Not the biggest or fanciest rooms, ...
Outside corridors, smallish rooms - still I was sold on Hamptons once I experienced one of their new (now new-ish) beds. Best in class, IMO. But then I was somewhat unsold when their rates began to pass those of others of the HHonors family in the same general area. But still ... that bed ...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm one of the few who liked it, but I miss the old Hampton Inn at the ABQ airport. Nice folks, nice property, almost always got upgraded.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hampton Inn Atlanta Marietta has two buildings, the main building is inside entrances, the second building is outside. They list both on the web site, outside entrance rooms are usually a little cheaper. Have stayed here, inside rooms, decent hotel. Usually pretty busy.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I'm one of the few who liked it, but I miss the old Hampton Inn at the ABQ airport. Nice folks, nice property, almost always got upgraded.
What was that hotel originally? I don't think it was built as a Hampton... but no idea what it was... one of few non-original build Hamptons I believe. It was actually okay, but the neighborhood did not feel so safe, like much of that part of Albuquerque. I think it was actually fine though.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by storewanderer
What was that hotel originally? I don't think it was built as a Hampton... but no idea what it was... one of few non-original build Hamptons I believe. It was actually okay, but the neighborhood did not feel so safe, like much of that part of Albuquerque. I think it was actually fine though.
I remember my first and only visit to this hotel in late 2008. My initial thoughts were negative, but in hindsight the area is fine IMO. Now that its gone, I stay at the Sheraton just up the street.

Now if memory serves, the front staff mentioned it was one of the first Hampton Inns to open, but I could be mistaken.

OT, but for those that stay near the airport, give Cervantes a try, especially around the Halloween time frame. Fantastic food with owners that go crazy with decorations for the holiday.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: AA, LAN, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by CMK10
I didn't think there were any left, but I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fayetteville (NC)/I-95 last night and it still has them. Not my favorite way to get to my room at 1:30 AM in a bad neighborhood.
I stayed there (HI Fayetteville, NC) for 1 night about 2 years ago while on a road trip and it resembled more a Days Inn than a Hampton Inn.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by genie00
I stayed there (HI Fayetteville, NC) for 1 night about 2 years ago while on a road trip and it resembled more a Days Inn than a Hampton Inn.
Agreed. if anything it's gotten worse since, one of the all time worst HH properties I've stayed in.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
One less HI with exterior corridors - The Hampton Inn Huntsville, 4815 University Dr., Huntsville, Alabama, 35816 has been rebadged as a Clarion.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Isn't that against brand standards?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:52 pm

I think I stayed there about 14 or 15 years ago. Weird. I remember almost nothing about that one and only night I ever spent in ABQ other than the fact that I stayed in a HI with outside doors.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 7:14 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
I stayed there once--looked like an old-style Holiday Inn or Quality Inn. The desk clerk on check-in was kind of creepy.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I didn't think there were any left, but I stayed at the Hampton Inn Fayetteville (NC)/I-95 last night and it still has them. Not my favorite way to get to my room at 1:30 AM in a bad neighborhood.
Originally Posted by genie00
Agreed. if anything it's gotten worse since, one of the all time worst HH properties I've stayed in.
Well I guess the people have spoken: It's now a Red Lion Hotel & Suites.
Old May 2, 2017, 7:49 am

Well I guess the people have spoken: It's now a Red Lion Hotel & Suites.
Interesting from reading tripadvisor reviews, this comment stuck out to me.

"This is one of the last Hampton Inns with outside entrances. The manager told me that this has led to the loss of their franchise at the end of January 2017."

Could Hilton be enforcing brand standards with Hampton now and thus all exterior Hampton's will be de-flagged?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:00 am
formerly Will Stonehocker

R.I.P. to all the outside-hallway Hamptons, joining the outside-hallway Fairfields in heaven...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
R.I.P. to all the outside-hallway Hamptons, joining the outside-hallway Fairfields in heaven...
There are still Fairfields with outside hallways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.