Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Old Nov 17, 2002, 7:36 pm

they serve the best food in the SIN Hilton clubroom than at any hilton i've stayed at before.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 8:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Scott218:
What's in the Conrad health club then?
Hmm... I read from a website that the
St. Gregory Aroma Spa is located at Conrad Centennial Singapore, Two Temasek Boulevard, Singapore 038982.

May be there is a separate health club versus spa. If that's true, can hotel guests get into the spa for free?
</font>
I'm not sure what the website says, but from my experience at the hotel, there is a swimming pool, gym, and a few massage rooms in the shower/changing room area.

you can get spa treatments such as massages, facials, etc, but there are no real spa facilities. They do not have sauna, steam room, whirlpool, mineral baths, etc. however, there are spa products you can purchase - oils, lotion, aromatherapy, etc.

I suppose the spa treatments are provided by people from the St. Gregory spa. it is a real spa in singapore but it is not located near the conrad.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 10:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by das:
Am currently booked at the ANA Hotel -- it's about $20 cheaper than a non refundable Hilton rate.

T
</font>
Stayed at the ANA Hotel last year with my family. It was not really up to standard. The rooms were old and drab. My next stay was at the Hilton and it was like night and day. For 20 bucks difference I would take the Hilton anyday.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 10:32 pm

I really like the Hilton, the location is good. MRT is 5 mins away...

The rooms are okay, not huge...You have to ask for the upgrade but I prefer the king bed on the normal floors and get the comped breakfast...

If you go, you have to go say hi to Angeline, she works in Kasper bar.(Hilton)...She is great...
A smile you will never forget...ahh...

What ever you do have fun !.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:25 pm

I think the ANA is the old Marco Polo hotel at the top of orchard, past the old ming court.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 6:05 am

Both the Hilton and the Conrad have upgraded me as Gold to their executive floors on my five or six stays at each.

I've also stayed at the ANA hotel once and they upgraded me to the executive floor on account of my NH elite status, so they said. It was a fine room but I agree with Snoopy, it is old. The location is a bit far off from the Orchard, too, but not too far.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:43 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
I'm looking at the Conrad in Singapore for a long weekend stay, based on the comments on this board related to great treatment of HH Golds. As a comped gold, anyone think I will have a problem with an upgrade with the following:

1. Low rate, S$160 non-refundable or S$180 internet special.

AND

2. Late arrival from a UA flight, probably checking in around 1:00am.

Stay is Thursday to Monday. Would be willing to change rooms Friday if upgrade was unavailable Thursday night.

Thanks, looking forward to all the great things about this hotel I have read about here.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 8:46 pm

I personally don't see any reason why they wouldn't upgrade you unless it was a very very busy night.

In which case i'd ask for a suite instead!
Old Nov 18, 2002, 10:36 pm

You may have a problem as they have been upgrading the Executive floors...

I would call and check the availbilty

[This message has been edited by Ferrari (edited 11-18-2002).]
Old Nov 18, 2002, 11:59 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Looks like I'm going for the Conrad (S$180)-- it looks nicer than the Hilton (S$155) -- the Conrad rate is also cancellable, unlike the Hilton.

Will report back..
Old Nov 19, 2002, 12:21 am

I have been staying at the Singapore Hilton since the 14th and will be leaving Wednesday morning. I did not get the HHonors floor but I was upgraded to a deluxe room on the 14th floor (HH are 21 and 22 floor).
Got the rate of 155 S Dollars. Also vouchers for the continental breakfast in the restaurant. Pretty good buffet - hot food cost and additional 9.50 S dollars.

Room is exceptionally quiet.

HH Clubroom is large and the staff very, very helpful.

I highly recommend the Singapore Hilton.
&lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt; &lt;IMG SRC="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif"&gt;

[This message has been edited by doctorphil (edited 11-19-2002).]
Old Nov 19, 2002, 3:05 am

That's a pity u didn't get the exec floor. They do serve a hot breakfast in the exec floor clubroom. Can they not give u access to the clubfloor even if u are staying on a lower flor?
Old Nov 22, 2002, 3:51 pm

We did go to the HH Hilton Club for evening drinks but decided to stay with the restaurant for breakfast. When the club manager found out that we had a 6:45AM United flight she arranged for breakfast to be served in our room - complete with bacon, ham, eggs etc. and all we need to do was give the breakfast certificate to the waiter!

The only negative about the HH Hilton Club was the snacks they served we rather dull and the same everyday - only one hot item.
Old Nov 23, 2002, 5:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
I can't wax rhapsodic enough about the Conrad. The service, the almost guaranteed upgrades as a Gold -- even on award stays -- and the amenties are unparalleled.

Speaking of award stays, both my 3-day stays in the last year at this fine, fine property cost me only 39K HHonors points. These were PS awards. For some reason, Hilton considers this property a Classic. It should be a Premium but I'm not complaining. It's nicer than any property I've stayed at in the U.S. and upgrades to the top floor were automatic.

As part of that upgrade, not only do you have access to the Exec Lounge (lavish Asian and Western breakfast spread, complimentary afternoon tea and evening cocktails and munchies such as sushi, etc.), but also fruit and chocolates upon arrival, free pressing of up to 5 pieces of clothing per day, free customized stationary, in-room fax, wireless Internet availability for a nominal fee, and you get to keep the little Conrad teddy bear and rubber ducky.

And that just scratches the surface.

I thought the shopping in Suntec City mall and Millenia Walk was great, although Millenia Walk sure had a lot of vacant storefronts. But I found some fabulous bargains.

One more thing, Raffles is just a quick walk from the Conrad. PremEx and I had an incredible prix fixe, semi-buffet lunch at the Longbar Steakhouse. I think it was 30SD (about $18). You order your entree and then have hey at the salads, seafood, appetizers, cheese and desserts. All exquisite.

[This message has been edited by essxjay (edited 11-23-2002).]
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:17 pm
Commander Catcop

The Conrad Hilton Executive Lounge has food better than a good number of restaurants worldwide. It was fun to make a buffet of Asian and Continental choices for breakfast.

The staff cares about their guests. They take the time to help and always with a smile and a friendly greeting.

As a measley GOLD... got everything everyone else here mentioned. It was like a dream... a luxury property on an award stay. I was waiting to be told "oh we made a mistake." But I got the same high quality service as business people paying a fortune to stay there.

Curious to see what happens when I check in as a Diamond there next year. (and THAT TIME I will remember to take the teddy bear and the rubber duckie home for the "children!")

IMHO, At 90 dollars a night stay at the Conrad, save the money, earn the HHonors credit and take money you saved and go to the Raffles Longbar Steakhouse Lunch. I did it too... one of the best meal bargains, worldwide. Great steak and the crawfish (I think that's what I had) was to die for!

Checking HHonors, Unfortunately, for January, 2003, I do NOT think there are Point Stretchers for the Conrad SIN. (I checked but if I misread something, and it won't be the first time I did here! , please let me know.)

Find participating hotels with point stretcher date in January 2003:

Inputed SIN and got: No Hotels matched your request.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.