Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore {SGP} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Has anyone actually booked using the 40% off coupon? The coupon gives the local hotel number in Singapore for booking I believe, but how do you do it via the website or international reservations?

John
Old Apr 7, 2002, 7:02 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satori:
1. clean - yes, very nice.
2. Location - Orchard Road has lots of shopping and restaurants and stuff for the day and evening. Late at night the prostitutes can be quite an annoyance if you don't want to be bothered. Arriving at the hotel about 12:45 AM and wanting to take a walk after the interminable flight time I just wanted some air and the women swarmed around me up and down the street.
3. Room Size - I liked it, comfortable and beautiful furnishings.
4.Gym was fine and the highlight of the hotel in my opinion is the rooftop pool. I have fond memories of the deep pool and cool water in the humid climate of Singapore.
</font>
Agree w/all except pool (as I did not see/use it.)

As diamond was upgraded to executive floor plus breakfast and afternoon snack. Received upgrade as Gold as well in past visits.
Old Apr 7, 2002, 11:46 pm

Location: Usually on a ship looking for oil and gas; Uruguay, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, Libya, Egypt, Norway, Scotland, India, Congo & Angola, next project who knows? Agreed to CC rules
Programs: AC Altitude E75K/*G, AS MVP, AF/KLM Petroleum Club, BA Blue
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satori:
1. clean - yes, very nice.
2. Location - Orchard Road has lots of shopping and restaurants and stuff for the day and evening. Late at night the prostitutes can be quite an annoyance if you don't want to be bothered. Arriving at the hotel about 12:45 AM and wanting to take a walk after the interminable flight time I just wanted some air and the women swarmed around me up and down the street.
3. Room Size - I liked it, comfortable and beautiful furnishings.
4.Gym was fine and the highlight of the hotel in my opinion is the rooftop pool. I have fond memories of the deep pool and cool water in the humid climate of Singapore.

Except for the wonderful pool I preferred the Conrad International which was only about $15 more when I was there last year.
</font>
I stayed there two nights over Easter during a mileage run. Satori's comments are 'spot-on'

1. Clean: Yes, very clean in an outstandingly clean city.
2. Location: Excellent from 0300-2300, Satisfactory/acceptable from 2300-0300. Satori is correct about late night prostitution overflowing from the bars at the Orchard Towers (across the street). I took a post-trans-pacific stroll after checking in to the SIN Hilton and was propositioned several times within a block of the Hilton. Being happily married to Mrs mpc1 I firmly but politely declined. The working girls quickly backed off. There was a Singapore Police Car about half a block away on the side of the road, with lights flashing, so I don't think I had any reason at all to feel unsafe.
3. Room size was fine, I had a room on an upper executive floor as a HHonors Gold and the room size was within North American standards.
4. I didn't check out the gym, but I second Satori's comments about the rooftop pool. It was a welcome oasis after a day in the heat and humidity of Singapore. A truly proper close to a mileage run day in Singapore.

mpc1

Old Apr 8, 2002, 5:02 am

These comments look interesting. I've stayed the Hilton Singapore, found the rooms reasonably modern (including a cd player) reasonable size, the balconies don't open up for some reason. Compared to the decor / modern / robes - i found the Hilton Brisbane excellent value when they have their AUD$129 rates, it's also more personal.

The lounge is nice - excellent food (prawns, salmon in the morning - breakfast was the best at a hilton so far), the evening drinks and snacks are also good (salmon/prawn canapes again).

Be warned, they charge for internet access like a wounded bull (ie SGD$20/hr), so if you didn't bring a laptop, next door (towards scotts road) there is an internet cafe with low rates (about sgd$3/hr) to check email, etc.

Checked out the gym, reasonably nice, but the equipment is a little old (not worn) and also not the most comfortable, but it will do.

The conceirge are very friendly and very helpful. Stayed in the Hilton Singapore twice, got upgraded both times, the first time was already pre-organised for me on exec, the 2nd time, i got automatically upgraded without asking (and I wasn't a gold at the time).

They have a nice downstairs lounge/cocktail area.

The pool, whilst it is nice and on the very top of the building, I would make the following remarks:
- pool is very very deep (VERY NICE! - must be the deepest i've been!)
- not very modern - it's completely concrete all around not the nicest.
- it's very cramped (the pool/sundeck area)
- the view is very very nice you can look down over the busiest street in singapore.

For rates, has anyone tried the following website? They have a rate of SGD$175/night including all taxes, service charge, etc.. Looks like the lowest i've seen. Has anyone tried booking through them?

http://www.reliance.com.sg/spore_hotels.htm

------------------
Star Gold, HHonors Gold.
Old Aug 9, 2002, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
-bump-

Wanted to bring this forward for those doing the SIN run in Sept.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 4:50 pm

friendsofchangi discount/ stay?

has anyone had experience of using this discount in singapore hilton and successfully getting a stay recorded?
Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:37 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
ChuckDEE in the Best hotel for 2 night SIN mileage run thread in the Mileage Run forum suggested he had a stay using a Friends of Changi voucher.

I asked your question, and a bit more, there, but haven't seen a reply yet.

Rich
Old Nov 16, 2002, 10:12 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Singapore Hilton

Am debating booking a 4 night stay at the Singapore Hilton. I'm comp'd Gold -- will I get an upgrade and breakfast? Do they give GOlds nice rooms?

Am currently booked at the ANA Hotel -- it's about $20 cheaper than a non refundable Hilton rate.

T
Old Nov 16, 2002, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I would recommend the Conrad, to stay within the Hilton Brand, since cabs and the MRT are so cheap anyway, since your chances of an upgrade as a Gold are guaranteed almost. At the Hilton, I had an issue, but then kindly received an e-mail explaining the situation from the front office manager and offering to reassure me on any future visits.

The Hilton is good by Singapore standards and perfectly located for shopping, and you will get breakfast coupons if the executive floor/lounge is full (and it always seems to be).
Old Nov 17, 2002, 7:47 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Are you familiar with S'pore? The ANA hotel is in a somewhat out of the way location, 10 minutes walk to the tourist end of Orchard Road.

The Hilton is in a decent location, but the rooms can be noisy. The Conrad is a better hotel, but is somewhat less well positioned (though I like it).

Other choices are at www.asiatravel.com . A lot depends on what you want to optimize, location for a particular purpose, cost, quality.
Rich
Old Nov 17, 2002, 9:01 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Conrad is $90US for weekend stays in mid-Jan, 2003
Old Nov 17, 2002, 9:39 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
I checked Singapore hotel rooms for mid-January. The Hilton is more expensive than the Conrad. There is an internet rate of 180 S dollars at the Conrad versus 220 S for the Hilton.

Conrad also has a spa attached to it. There is shopping underneath the hotel.

I heard upgrades are pretty good there.

Old Nov 17, 2002, 11:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Scott218:
Conrad also has a spa attached to it. There is shopping underneath the hotel.
</font>
The Conrad does not have a real spa. The shopping is next to the hotel - either at Millenia Walk or Suntec City. The Hilton has better shops - Club 21.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 2:23 pm

I enjoy the Conrad though as diamond I get exec club which as a great view and great food.
The rooms are newer and larger. I recently stayed at the Hilton for the first time and the exec club was good as it is in a great position for a one night stay.
for the price Id stay at the Conrad.
Old Nov 17, 2002, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
What's in the Conrad health club then?
Hmm... I read from a website that the
St. Gregory Aroma Spa is located at Conrad Centennial Singapore, Two Temasek Boulevard, Singapore 038982.

May be there is a separate health club versus spa. If that's true, can hotel guests get into the spa for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.