Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda {US-CA}

Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport - Alameda (CA)
1700 Harbor Bay Parkway, Alameda, California 94502
Email: [email protected]
http://www.oaklandairporthi.com/
General Manager: Debbie Gundmundson (Sep 2017)

3 miles / 5 km from OAK / Oakland International Airport
Complimentary airport shuttle (Shuttle Hours: 4:00 AM - 1:00AM Daily)
(Shuttle to / from OAK airport, other areas within 3 miles)
Free self-parking

"Known for modern comforts and superb bedding, our moderately priced Alameda, California hotel is home to 105 non-smoking guestrooms and suites featuring a relaxed ambiance and stylish furnishings. Our spacious Alameda hotel accommodation is well appointed with plush king or queen beds, deluxe linens, convenient work desks with ergonomic chairs, lap desks, coffee makers, large screen 32" LCD TVs with rotating stand, premium cable, and complimentary high-speed Internet access."
"Guests enjoy free breakfast, a refreshing outdoor swimming pool, complimentary local shuttle service to and from Oakland International Airport and locations within three miles of the hotel, fitness room, business center, and complimentary high-speed Internet access."
Located immediately north of the threshold of runway 12 / end of runway 30, guests report well insulated and no bother. Nearby beach area (long walkable) on San Francisco Bay, Harbor Bay Landing shopping center, McDonalds and Sushi restaurants reported to be nearby. Shuttle can connect with San Francisco commuter ferry to S. F. Ferry Building downtown.

(No thread yet, so starting it.)
Print Wikipost

Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda {US-CA}

Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda {US-CA}

(No thread yet, so starting it. Text moved to Wikipost.)

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 9, 2017 at 10:18 am
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:40 am

I had one stay there. The fitness center was a deal-breaker for me; really the only thing I care about. I know that isn't a big deal for most folks. The hotel website talks about "nearby businesses". True enough. It's an industrial park. walking distance to work if you're going to healthcare, tech, non-profits. As I recall, there were some deli/cafe/restaurants for the local workers, Monday through Friday, closing at 3:00PM.

Not terribly far from a small, but decent, shopping center, but the area in-between is residential, and most of the streets don't connect to the outside world. A car is essential - kind of a bummer for an airport hotel.

All that said, it's possible to go on a nice walk.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JDiver
Nearby beach area (walkable) on San Francisco Bay, McDonalds and Sushi restaurants reported to be nearby.
The beach (Crown Beach) and shopping (South Shore Center) on Alameda are several miles away.

This is a good location (a) if you have a car, or (b) you just want a bed for a quick overnight. But there are no amenities within easy walking distance. The ferry to SF does stop nearby, but that is purely a commuter service, scheduled accordingly.

I run out here, and it's excellent for that, though windy at times.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
We stayed here one night last week between flights. It was OK but if we needed a night near OAK again we might try someplace else. The AC in the room didn't work that well and the guy from maintenance who came up to look at it said essentially that's as good as it gets. The staff was nice and the breakfast was standard Hampton fare. We didn't hear much noise from other guests but did hear the occasional jet overhead. The hot water took a very long time to show up in the shower but once there it stayed. Water pressure wasn't good but I eventually got all of the shampoo out of my hair. We showed up in the evening and left first thing in the morning so didn't get a chance to do much more than shower, sleep, eat, and take the shuttle back to the airport. One plus: The shuttle driver had a stepstool for people like me who are vertically challenged and aren't as limber as they once might have been.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The beach (Crown Beach) and shopping (South Shore Center) on Alameda are several miles away.
In my post, the shopping reference was to Harbor Bay Landing. Close as the crow flies, but made further by tangle of residential streets that don't run through. South Shore, or whatever it is called today, is very far indeed. Park Street is probably closer and far more interesting.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Stayed here last August (2021) for 3 nights. No complaints in general, fine typical HI, with a decent breakfast. It's in an isolated business park, so no amenities nearby, you must have a car to go anyplace for anything.
Parking was free, which made sense since the surrounding area is all empty at night.

HOWEVER-- they now charge $12/night for parking! Was booking a 2-night stay for next week, and was prioritizing this location over others given the lower point value, free breakfast, and free parking. I called them up to confirm, and yes, it's $12/night. They haven't made any changes, like gating the parking lot, so this is just a pure money grab. I assume they give you some sort of placard to put on your dashboard or otherwise tow you away. Still my cheapest option, but disappointing to learn.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Spent one night here as everything closer in was booked full due to RAS.

It's a great location for walking, running, or just enjoying the views across the marsh and bay to SF and Marin. Parking was free. Room was clean and quiet. (Except for the aircraft - note that the property is located a few hundred yards from the end of the primary runway (30) for takeoffs from OAK. Didn't bother me, as the traffic is pretty light, but could be an issue for some.)

Some major negatives though, specifically:

-One of the worst A/C units I've ever experienced. Very complex to set (definitely not intuitive) and the unit is mounted on the wall right over the head of the bed. This means that cold air will blow directly on your head. Equally annoying, the unit made a very loud buzzing noise even when the fan was not running. I had to turn it off to sleep. Finally, having grown up in California, I have what I consider a very healthy aversion to anything hanging over the bed. If the A/C unit were to come down in an earthquake, it would drop right on your head.

-Windows covered in bird poop. Come on, it's a great view - clean the windows!

-Spring hinges on bathroom door means it won't stay open. Super annoying.

A/C unit issues would stop me from returning. Might check out the Home2 Suites next door though.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.