Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[UK] Free Night Voucher from Barclaycard Credit Card

Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Frustratingly, I hit my spend to trigger the voucher about 3 weeks ago. After enquiring with Barclaycard customer service, they informed me that their systems say that Hilton had sent me the voucher on the 1st Aug - but nothing received, not even junk mail.

They are now investigating further, but no timeline given.

I've also tried contacting Hhonors customer services, but they say they can't deal with the issue as its a Barclaycard issue.

Is there a way to get the voucher code or number from your accounts after logging onto the website? Can't see it but maybe I'm missing some obscure page...

Or if I call the redemption line, will they be able to find my voucher code for me?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
I wouldn't worry. I had one of these vouchers by email. When I called Hilton to make the reservation, the agent could see the voucher in my account and I didn't have to provide its reference number. Don't forget it is only valid for, I think, 6 months. I'm not sure when they will start that running for you, but I got the impression there was zero flexibility over the expiry date.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:37 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The only way for you to confirm you have the voucher is in your email, however, when you call to book all you need to say is "I have a free night voucher".

If they say the voucher was sent on 1st August, and that is true, then it will expire before 1st Feb. This means you need to stay before then too.

So decide where you want to stay and phone up to book. If they can't see the voucher, then it's time to complain to barclays but you'll need some evidence (not sure if you can record your conversation with hilton).
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice!

Yup - Hilton say they cannot see the voucher. Barclaycard CS are chasing, but they are needing some time to contact the "relevant departments".

My wife who also applied for the card at the same time, and reached the 750 spend as well around the same time, also hasn't received her voucher. Maybe there's a systematic issue now?

She has been told differently by Barclaycard - that the voucher is sent up to 10 weeks after the payment is collected for the 750 amount. So apparently the voucher is not triggered by reaching the spend but paying for the spend?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:33 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My wife's and my vouchers were both received about 3-4 weeks after total spend on the card had reached £750
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Having gone back and forth with Barclaycard over the last 2 weeks, someone senior has rung me back to say that I've been provided misinformation.

The process currently is:
1) Once you trigger your £750 spend, Barclaycard inform Hhonors.
2) It takes up to 6 weeks after triggering your spend for Hhonors to issue the free night certificate
3) Free night certificate will come via email

I did get an apology and £50 goodwill for my troubles and for the misinformation I received. But I'd rather much have the free night certificate sooner than later, as looking to use it for some nights at the end of September!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.