Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What type of bug is this found on my pillow

Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

So I found this guy on my pillow today, freaking out a little but I don't think it is a bed bug???

Does anybody know what this is? He is about 3/16" long and has a hard shell and dark with a green iridescence color in the light.
Attached Images     
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Caveat - I'm not an expert. That said, it looks like the North American dung beetle. Lives in areas of high animal or human excrement.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Caveat - I'm not an expert. That said, it looks like the North American dung beetle. Lives in areas of high animal or human excrement.
LOL, well it is a doubletree. Seriously, looked up the dung beetle and don't think that is what it is. The room is clean too.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:27 pm

https://brunswick.ces.ncsu.edu/2013/...the-kudzu-bug/

Kudzu bug is my guess. Look at the photo, looks like the doppelganger of your new bedfellow.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
https://brunswick.ces.ncsu.edu/2013/...the-kudzu-bug/

Kudzu bug is my guess. Look at the photo, looks like the doppelganger of your new bedfellow.
Wow, that is dead on. My wife will sleep so much better tonight knowing it is not a bed bug. We have had the door to outside open all day so it could have come in that way.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Related: Can You Pick a Bedbug Out of a Lineup? (NYT)

(Frankly, I wouldn't really be sure if I saw one, either!)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Next question: How many points is it worth?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.