Go Back   > > >

Old Jun 18, 17, 4:38 pm   #1
Original Poster

Cairo Hilton properties

I am just curious how the Cairo hotels still manage to maintain their regular rates, notwithstanding Ramadan / the summer heat / ultra low occupancy and whatever else that plagues Egypt. Or do all the hotels have low deals for Egyptian and foreign tour operators, that precludes any Honors member trying to get some perks? Does anybody have any ideas?
puchong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 17, 9:11 am   #2

Programs: BA LTG, *A Gold, EK Gold, VS Red, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (+ LTG), Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I am at the Conrad Hilton in Cairo at the moment.

$78 USD + taxes and as I diamond I usually end up in an Exec King overlooking the nile (which I am currently in!)

You can get lower rates of course but this is pretty good considering it has a half decent lounge and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

Have a day off tomorrow so going on a tour to Giza, Memphis, Saqqara in a private car with guide and lunch for the princely sum of $18 USD (full day tour). Have done it quite a few times but never get bored of Giza. Entrance fees not included of course but no issue at that price.
moral_low_ground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 17, 9:31 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
I am just curious how the Cairo hotels still manage to maintain their regular rates, notwithstanding Ramadan / the summer heat / ultra low occupancy and whatever else that plagues Egypt. Or do all the hotels have low deals for Egyptian and foreign tour operators, that precludes any Honors member trying to get some perks? Does anybody have any ideas?
I am not sure Ramadan, necessarily means less business for hotels. I imagine the Cairo hotels make the most of Iftar, with many organisations hosting Iftar events.

I notice that Cairo hotel rates can often drop quite a bit in the last few days. I often book refundable rates, including points + cash rates then check a few days before if lower rates appear, which they often do.
Dan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 17, 12:09 am   #4

Programs: MR, Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors Gold, Miles & Smiles, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Ramadan is the time to visit families, so Cairenas working abroad come home for a few days (weeks) and can conceivably book at the Hilton. Besides, bearers of Egyptian passports and their expat family members are eligible to significantly reduced local rates all year round. Finally, the points rates are quite low throughout the country.
georgebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 17, 3:11 am   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground View Post
I am at the Conrad Hilton in Cairo at the moment.

$78 USD + taxes and as I diamond I usually end up in an Exec King overlooking the nile (which I am currently in!)

You can get lower rates of course but this is pretty good considering it has a half decent lounge and the rooms are comfortable and clean.

Have a day off tomorrow so going on a tour to Giza, Memphis, Saqqara in a private car with guide and lunch for the princely sum of $18 USD (full day tour). Have done it quite a few times but never get bored of Giza. Entrance fees not included of course but no issue at that price.
Hi there, Am wanting to book a few rooms for a family holiday at the Conrad in Cairo in January next year for 4 nights. They have a dinner and breakfast deal for US$168/n. should I wait then. It will be our kids' first time in Cairo and first time to see the pyramids and that private tour sounds perfect. There will be 8 of us in total.
Sydney is offline   Reply With Quote