Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more

New Hilton Amex Offer Valid through 7/30/17 - $60 off $300 or more

Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Your question is answered in the FAQ's, and I think the answer is "no".

The FAQ's are not readily visible, I can see them only after I add an offer to my card and then click on, "Added to Card".
Thanks. I found the FAQs and you are correct:

I made a purchase before I added the Amex Offer to my Card. Will that purchase qualify for the statement credit or points?

No. You must add the offer to your Card first and then make your qualifying purchase using the same Card to receive the statement credit or points.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Well glad that I read this post. I was planning to use this offer for a stay that I'm trying to book today or tomorrow for a non-refundable rate. I missed the fact that it was excluded in the terms. I also missed the US-based properties only. Glad that I didn't book already expecting to get a refund.

Last edited by cdancer20; Jun 19, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Advance Purchase payments are, or were, billed to (collected by) Hilton corporate at booking? AMEX is looking for charges directly from actual eligible (brand) properties.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Jun 19, 2017 at 9:20 am
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Pretty sure T&C say no prepaid rates...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Pretty sure T&C say no prepaid rates...
Pretty sure that the last 2 posts agreed with you.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:49 pm

Ok so I have a quick question. I have 2 Amex cards with the Hilton offer. I will be checking out tomorrow. I was hoping to split it between the 2 cards as long as my total is $600, but it looks like it will be $584 (at least I think so, all I have is the room charge, taxes, and $18/day resort charge. That's it right? No other hidden taxes?) What's the easiest way to add $16 to my bill? Can I add a $16 housekeeping tip? If you eat at a restaurant inside the hotel, is it possible to add the restaurant charge to the total hotel bill? Or perhaps it isn't even necessary to add the charge to the total bill and I can do it separately since the spend is cumulative? Thanks

Last edited by slickness123; Jun 24, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
I think you have to add something...

It also accumulates over multiple stays. The $300 does not have to be in "one shot."

That flexibility is also there since some Hiltons will, for instance, close out your folio upon check out, then post other charges from the morning of your check out such as restaurant, later, after they get the charges processed. So you may have multiple transactions posted for the same stay.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by storewanderer
I think you have to add something...

It also accumulates over multiple stays. The $300 does not have to be in "one shot."

That flexibility is also there since some Hiltons will, for instance, close out your folio upon check out, then post other charges from the morning of your check out such as restaurant, later, after they get the charges processed. So you may have multiple transactions posted for the same stay.
Hmmm... this gives me an idea. Are Hilton restaurants for hotel patrons only? Could I just walk into a random Hilton, order something from the restaurant, and have it count towards the $300?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by slickness123
Ok so I have a quick question. I have 2 Amex cards with the Hilton offer. I will be checking out tomorrow. I was hoping to split it between the 2 cards as long as my total is $600, but it looks like it will be $584 (at least I think so, all I have is the room charge, taxes, and $18/day resort charge. That's it right? No other hidden taxes?) What's the easiest way to add $16 to my bill? Can I add a $16 housekeeping tip? If you eat at a restaurant inside the hotel, is it possible to add the restaurant charge to the total hotel bill? Or perhaps it isn't even necessary to add the charge to the total bill and I can do it separately since the spend is cumulative? Thanks
Do taxes count towards the $300? Or is it just the base room rate? I have a stay coming up where the room rate is under $300 but the total is over $300 after taxes. Does it qualify or do I have to charge something to the room to get the pre-tax amount over $300?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Do taxes count towards the $300? Or is it just the base room rate? I have a stay coming up where the room rate is under $300 but the total is over $300 after taxes. Does it qualify or do I have to charge something to the room to get the pre-tax amount over $300?
Taxes do count. As do room charges. Anything that causes your folio to go over the $300.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 25, 2017 at 1:21 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Hmmm... this gives me an idea. Are Hilton restaurants for hotel patrons only? Could I just walk into a random Hilton, order something from the restaurant, and have it count towards the $300?
I don't think that would work, because the offer states "room and room charges". When you don't stay at a hotel, and just eat there off the street, you don't generate a room folio (unless you ask them to set one up and they agree?).

We ate at our local Hilton one night, and the charge on my Amex came out as "Hilton F&B". And while I didn't need the charge for any offer, it did not come out on my Hilton Honors statement at all (as a stay would have), but the good news is I did get 12x points on my Hilton Surpass card for the purchase (which I should have).

So in your case I'd make the charge while at the hotel, be sure the offer is already loaded on both cards, and see if they'll divide the payment 50/50.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:53 pm

I have this $60 off $300 offer on my US AMEX Everyday MR card.

However, another offer popped up mid-week. I'm not sure if this second offer has been mentioned by others yet. The second offer is a $100 off a $500 spend on my US AMEX PRG card, though the spend must be at UK Hilton hotels. This seemed a bit niche, but I guess it was targeted based on my having put UK spend through the card (albeit not at a Hilton, from memory). This would usually be handy but my next stay in UK Hilton Hotels (next week) will total less than $200. Maybe I'll get enough before offer expires on 31/Oct/2017.

Get a 1X $100 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $500+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at Hilton properties in the UK from 6/15/17 to 10/31/17. Book direct with Hilton. Must enroll Card prior to booking. See terms.

Offer terms: OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Offer only valid for eligible US Card Members for purchases made at hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio in the United Kingdom. An “eligible US Card Member” is an American Express Card Member who has a US-issued American Express Card and who receives this offer directly from American Express. Must enroll Card prior to booking and use same Card to redeem. Offer only valid for reservations made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667). Excludes gift card purchases. Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
P.S. I also had similar offers on my UK AMEX for 50 off a 250 spend at a European Hilton, and I certainly used that offer for a series of stays in April!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:13 pm

I'm wondering if making reservations directly through the hotel would count. It isn't mentioned in the terms and conditions but....... I signed up for the promotion on my Amex page anyway so we'll see what happens.

Bobette
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:51 am

I hope you were able to figure it out in time. I know that my post is late but in case anyone else wants to know: At most hotels, you can charge your meal or drinks at the bar or even mini-bar purchases to the room. That way you could have hit the $16 with no issues.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A lot of us out there it seems!

Today when I checked in at a Hilton hotel, I made sure to confirm that the bill would go on my Amex card. The clerk replied, "What exactly is going on here? You are the fifth person today to change to AMEX from the card on file!" I explained about the rebate offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.