Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Using reward night certificates in conjunction with Advance Purchase flash sale rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using reward night certificates in conjunction with Advance Purchase flash sale rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, HH Gold

Hello!

I just wanted to share a situation I had in booking our honeymoon, in case anyone has encountered the same thing and has advice going forward...

My fiancée is Honors Gold (through the Reserve card) and redeemed her rewards night certificates for two weekend nights at Conrad Rangali (into the standard beach villa). We saw the APAC flash sale last week and wanted to take advantage of that to add three paid nights to our stay (specifically in the water villa), but when we tried to book those additional nights, the Conrad agent on the phone told us they could not be connected into the same stay for the flash sale price (in neither the water or even the beach villa), only the flexible rate, and that there would have to be a one-day gap to be able to use the flash sale price if we wanted them to be under her Honors account.

What I did instead (under the advice of another Conrad agent) was create an Honors account for myself to book those three additional nights (and to guarantee the water villa for at least that part of our stay) at the flash sale rate.

My question going forward is what, if anything, can be done to ensure we receive any Gold benefits at Rangali (since she is Gold, but the latter three nights are in my name and I have no status).

I'm new to much of this, so apologies if this sounds like common practice and standard, but I wanted to share in case there are others like us encountering a similar situation. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:53 am
cjd

Originally Posted by broncoal06
Hello!

I just wanted to share a situation I had in booking our honeymoon, in case anyone has encountered the same thing and has advice going forward...

My fiancée is Honors Gold (through the Reserve card) and redeemed her rewards night certificates for two weekend nights at Conrad Rangali (into the standard beach villa). We saw the APAC flash sale last week and wanted to take advantage of that to add three paid nights to our stay (specifically in the water villa), but when we tried to book those additional nights, the Conrad agent on the phone told us they could not be connected into the same stay for the flash sale price (in neither the water or even the beach villa), only the flexible rate, and that there would have to be a one-day gap to be able to use the flash sale price if we wanted them to be under her Honors account.

What I did instead (under the advice of another Conrad agent) was create an Honors account for myself to book those three additional nights (and to guarantee the water villa for at least that part of our stay) at the flash sale rate.

My question going forward is what, if anything, can be done to ensure we receive any Gold benefits at Rangali (since she is Gold, but the latter three nights are in my name and I have no status).

I'm new to much of this, so apologies if this sounds like common practice and standard, but I wanted to share in case there are others like us encountering a similar situation. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
You can book what you want if there's availability. Can't see why your fiancee couldn't just book the 3 water villa paid nights on the website at the Sale rate to follow your Award reservation. On arrival at the hotel, it would just be a matter of informing the hotel that you have the additional reservation to follow your Award reservation. After the 2 nights in the Beach Villa, it would then just be a matter of you transferring to the Water Villa. Many here on Flyertalk often combine Award nights and Paid nights into one stay. It doesn't make any difference to my knowledge whether the paid night is Flexible or Advance purchase.

Last edited by cjd; Mar 27, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.