Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Soft Landing?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Soft Landing?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I got the email to tell me that I'm dropping from Diamond to SILVER !

Isn't there a soft landing somewhere?

I received a confirmation from Honors Customer Service that I will be Gold but its still disheartening to receive that email to say that I will be Silver.

Wonder if I can do another fast track stay or should I wait till later?
Since you seem to have conflicting information about what status you will be come April, I suggest you wait until April to figure that out, since most fast tracks / etc are for Gold anyway, not for Diamond, and if you end up really being Gold, then what's the point of trying to fast track to the same?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: Accor Plus Plat, Marriot Plat, AF Silver
Originally Posted by SheTravels
Just saw a message on my account: On April 1, 2017 your status is scheduled to change from Diamond to Gold.
Same here, got Diamond status match, did 3 stays and soft landed to Silver (4 stays would have been required).

Julien
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: KLM FB-Gold, TK-Gold,Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Platinum
got matched this feb to diamond the only challenge i have got was to do 8 stays in 3 months to retain till next years march. however i am in the same boat as poster above, finding hopping properties painful. on the other end i did end up doing this in Brussels as i would have been 1 stay short (so hopping hilton downtown to hilton far away) but am a happy camper so far.

(far better then IHG where i came from, being platinum there for 2 years now, with hardly any upgrades or benefits other then a free (small) beer at checkin.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:04 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nloperations
(far better then IHG where i came from, being platinum there for 2 years now, with hardly any upgrades or benefits other then a free (small) beer at checkin.
In fairness to the IHG program, elite benefits isn't really its focus. Except for the paid Ambassador program (and only staying at ICs) the strength of the IHG program is its earn/burn ability which with all the various bonus and Point Saver opportunities can be very good but the trade off is very few (to virtually none) real elite benefits.

Last edited by hhoope01; Mar 28, 2017 at 11:45 am
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Bah. Booked a non-refundable rate for 2nd April - currently Diamond, but due to be downgrade according to something I've just seen - namely:

"UPDATE ON YOUR 2017 STATUS

On April 1, 2017, your status is scheduled to change from Gold to Silver. Learn more about your Silver benefits here."

Assume there's nothing I can now do about it?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: KLM FB-Gold, TK-Gold,Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Platinum
Originally Posted by hhoope01
In fairness to the IHG program, elite benefits isn't really its focus. Except for the paid Ambassador program (and only staying at ICs) the strength of the IHG program is its earn/burn ability which with all the various bonus and Point Saver opportunities can be very good put the trade off is very few (to virtually none) real elite benefits.
That is very much true, their Accelerate programs make it quite easy for point collection, however so does hilton with their 2k/day and other various promo's
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Ibotta, Southwest A-List
Losing My Hilton Honors Status April 1st.

Is there a support group to help with the addiction of having Diamond status and going back down to Gold? Had it happen with American and still recovering from that. Ha!!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Vip4me
Is there a support group to help with the addiction of having Diamond status and going back down to Gold? Had it happen with American and still recovering from that. Ha!!
The "What's the difference between Diamond and Gold" threads haven't convinced you?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The "What's the difference between Diamond and Gold" threads haven't convinced you?
Yep. Dont get me wrong, I will take Diamond over Gold but in my experience there is little difference. Don't mean to make this one of those threads but don't definitely no need for a support group.

Airline status drops can be a bit more impact to the travel experience though..."can be".
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I lost my Diamond status several years ago when I changed jobs and no longer worked on the road. I have the reserve card so I am automatically Gold. The biggest positive is no longer worrying about maintaining status. My work travel was usually to small towns with Hamptons, so I rarely enjoyed suites or any other of the Diamond perks. So now, when I am on vacation and I see a really cool boutique hotel located where I want to be in the center of the city and the Hilton is out by the airport, I stay where I want and not worry about status.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
... My work travel was usually to small towns with Hamptons, so I rarely enjoyed suites or any other of the Diamond perks. ....
True for my husband's business travel also; he typically stays at Hampton or HGI. But I like Diamond for:
1. extra points
2. Diamond desk helps with random problems like needing to cancel a stay the afternoon of arrival without penalty, & rebook in a different city 2 hours away.
3. Expanded Diamond award nights... it's nice to pay 30k points for a room that would otherwise cost $250 cash.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
In 2016 I was granted a Diamond status match til 3/17. Later others were granted til 3/18 and I called and was promised that extension. Now I hear some have been extended til 3/19. I checked my membership card online and it shows 3/17 expiration. Wrote to Honors requesting til 3/19 via the website and waiting for a reply.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by rxgeek
In 2016 I was granted a Diamond status match til 3/17. Later others were granted til 3/18 and I called and was promised that extension. Now I hear some have been extended til 3/19. I checked my membership card online and it shows 3/17 expiration. Wrote to Honors requesting til 3/19 via the website and waiting for a reply.
Update-reply from Honors is sorry, no extension. I went back online and ordered a printed card per comments on Loyalty Lobby. Then I got an email that I was Diamond through 3/31/19. But, checking my card online still shows 3/17. Does the left hand know...?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update-reply from Honors is sorry, no extension. I went back online and ordered a printed card per comments on Loyalty Lobby. Then I got an email that I was Diamond through 3/31/19. But, checking my card online still shows 3/17. Does the left hand know...?
How much have you actually stayed at Hiltons?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There's an auto-respond to these things. Pretty certain it will be corrected at some point. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.