Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
My transfer from 4/26 has now posted to my account. The points are gone from my wife's account, too. Neither of our transaction history pages shows the transfer. I received email notification about the successful transfer.
Likewise. In our case, it took ~43 hours for the transfer to occur.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I now have an issue with an only points reservation now showing a cash component.

It was mentioned further upthread that it was a temporary glich.
At the time, my reservation didn't show a cash component, neither did it at the time of booking - but now it suddenly does.
It's a very small amount, not the full room price (looks like a point and cash reservation).

Has anyone yet had a stay where there was a mistaken cash part involved?
And what happened?
Did you have to pay at check out? or was it possible to correct at the hotel?
Old May 23, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond

Is it right that you don't get a fifth night free if there is a rate change due to pricing?

In this instance, I have a potential five-night stay at what should be

4 × 48k
Total 233k points × 0.8 = 186,400 points.

However, it seems that the system sees the 4@48 and the 1@41 separately, therefore adding them together and charging me the full rate over the five nights.

If it makes a difference, the hotel is the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Is it right that you don't get a fifth night free if there is a rate change due to pricing?
No, you still get the benefit--and in fact the HH T&C expressly address how the point cost should be calculated in such cases:
Point value of the free night is based on the average nightly Point value during the stay calculated by dividing the total Point value of all nights by the number of nights in the stay.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:46 pm

Thought that was the case - the example above should clearly be a bug then!
Old May 23, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Thought that was the case - the example above should clearly be a bug then!
Alas, no. What you see there is the discounted rate, with the point reduction spread across the five nights pro rata.

To back up a step, there are three different pages in the booking process after you run a standard search:
  1. The initial results showing various room types & rates
  2. An intermediate page for booking details (name of second guest, special requests, etc.)
  3. Final booking with CC number
To see the real, pre-discounted points rate per night, on page #1 click on "STANDARD ROOM REWARD." The site displays the details in a pop-up.

The numbers on page #3 are different; as noted above, they show your actual cost, with the discount baked into the downward-adjusted per-night points cost.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:23 pm

I get it now... for some reason, I thought that I was getting the same rates whether or not I was signed in. (They were actually different).

To see the non-discounted rate you do need to be signed out, though; otherwise, the STANDARD ROOM REWARD link and the final page numbers are the same for me.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:10 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

In March, we announced the rollout of our new Points & Money program, offering more ways to redeem your Points for hotel stays at over 5,000 properties around the world. After a few months of seeing this new system in action, we’re going to make some updates to Point prices at a few properties – four in total.

With continued growth in Mainland China, DoubleTree Hangzhou East’s top price will move from 10K to 20K Points, DoubleTree Jiaxing from 5K to 10K Points, and DoubleTree Wuhu from 5K to 10K Points. And with a major renovation now complete at Hampton Inn Universal Orlando, their top price will move from 20K to 30K Points. These Point prices are the most a member would pay; Points prices can still be lower when the hotel’s paid rate goes down.

Since these were the first changes since March, we wanted to give you advanced notice and the opportunity to book if you’d like to reserve at the current Point range. The changes will go into effective on July 7, 2017. We also wanted to let you know because this will give you an idea of future changes. While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
Feel free to PM me or post if you have any questions related to these properties.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Lauren, thanks very much.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:22 am

[email protected]
Hi all,

In March, we announced the rollout of our new Points & Money program, offering more ways to redeem your Points for hotel stays at over 5,000 properties around the world. After a few months of seeing this new system in action, we’re going to make some updates to Point prices at a few properties – four in total.

With continued growth in Mainland China, DoubleTree Hangzhou East’s top price will move from 10K to 20K Points, DoubleTree Jiaxing from 5K to 10K Points, and DoubleTree Wuhu from 5K to 10K Points. And with a major renovation now complete at Hampton Inn Universal Orlando, their top price will move from 20K to 30K Points. These Point prices are the most a member would pay; Points prices can still be lower when the hotel’s paid rate goes down.

Since these were the first changes since March, we wanted to give you advanced notice and the opportunity to book if you’d like to reserve at the current Point range. The changes will go into effective on July 7, 2017. We also wanted to let you know because this will give you an idea of future changes. While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
Feel free to PM me or post if you have any questions related to these properties.

Thank you!
Lauren

Hi Lauren, I believe Hilton Garden Inn Singapore also changed from 10,000 to 20,000 without notice.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: No airline status whatsoever, Chase URs, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the heads up, Lauren. I am LOVING the points & cash program. I travel for business and pleasure, so it allows me much greater freedom booking high-end properties.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 4:58 pm

Has the Amazon point shopping gone live yet? I am swimming in Hilton points.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
edit: please delete
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Hi all,
While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
[...]

Thank you!
Lauren
Worrying. One thing I noticed already was that the multiplier points/dollar value applied has already been changed downwards for some geographies. Therefore, as feared, devaluation gets hidden.

Now Lauren also states that not "each and every shift in the maximum cap of points will be announced going forward" - that opens a second door for untraceable devaluation.

Hilton points are becoming a very unpredictable and unstable currency!
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:37 am
duo

Hello HonorsRepresentative,

Please can you explain to me why the value of Points and Money has been devalued so much?

For the past two years I had previously stated at the Hilton Osaka for:

12227 yen plus 20,000 points

now am looking at 16975 yen plus 35,000 points

The points haven't just been devalued the bottom has fallen out of them.

Even full redemption has gone up from 50,000 points (which I paid last year) to 68,000 per night. This is for same time of year.

Last edited by duo; Aug 16, 2017 at 5:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.