Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 5:16 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Hoping to have the updates on Diamond Status Extension today/Monday. Will keep you posted and share once I know more.

Thanks!
Lauren

Update: Shared Diamond Status Extension details here.

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Mar 3, 2017 at 12:41 pm Reason: Provided Link to New Thread
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:17 am

Hi all,

Lastly, if you had previously booked an all Points reservation and you sign into your account today, you might notice that there’s a cash component now linked to the booking. This is just a technical glitch with the updated system and will be corrected later today.

Please let me know if you have questions!

Thank you!
Lauren
Has this been addressed? The all points booking I made today is still showing a cash component.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Quick update - the issue with the “Flexible Dates” award calendar should be fixed by early April. As most of you already know, it currently shows Premium Rewards and limited Standard Rooms, but not all. Once this is corrected in early April, you'll be able to see all Standard Rooms on the "Flexible Dates" calendar.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:02 pm

Hi all,

Quick update - the issue with the “Flexible Dates” award calendar should be fixed by early April. As most of you already know, it currently shows Premium Rewards and limited Standard Rooms, but not all. Once this is corrected in early April, you'll be able to see all Standard Rooms on the "Flexible Dates" calendar.
Where do things stand with points pooling, also promised for April?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Hi all,

Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
Lauren
I'm seeing only premium rooms for all dates for the Tel Aviv Hilton (for example) - is this what you are talking about? It was previously not even in the "highest" point bracket, was something like 70,000 per night standard. Now it's only showing rates at least twice that high.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beltway
Hi beltway,

Should know more about Points Pooling in the coming weeks, likely mid April. I'll share as soon as I have more details.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lg10
I'm seeing only premium rooms for all dates for the Tel Aviv Hilton (for example) - is this what you are talking about? It was previously not even in the "highest" point bracket, was something like 70,000 per night standard. Now it's only showing rates at least twice that high.
Hi lg10,

Yes exactly - you're likely only seeing premium availability.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
When is the ability to pool points coming in?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by vanilla8
When is the ability to pool points coming in?
See the post literally two posts above yours.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
See the post literally two posts above yours.
Thanks, how did i not see that
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:05 pm

I am trying to use P&M for hotels in New York and its not showing up. any tips or tricks to make this work?
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:09 pm

The points and money option is later in the booking process. Go through the process as if you are going to book a points only reservation and eventually you will see the points and money option
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:30 pm

Hi beltway,

Should know more about Points Pooling in the coming weeks, likely mid April. I'll share as soon as I have more details.

Thanks!
Lauren

sub'd for an update on this as well. Not sure why but I had in my head this went live April 1st. Must have been wishful thinking.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One thing that would be a genuine "enhancement" is around premium rooms.

I wish hotels would offer premium rooms at a similar points premium to their cash premium, not some utterly asinine level several times higher than a standard room.

In other words, if a property's current cap is 70k, a standard room tends to average around $350/nt., and a premium room is $380/nt., offer that room for, say, 80k/nt. Not that 200,000 points per night it seems to show up as now.

In most cases, this "premium room" in question is just a few square feet larger than a standard room. And that's assuming the property isn't just straight-up gaming the whole system by calling few rooms "standard" with the first "premium" category essentially the same room.

If HH had a better pricing mechanism around these, similar to how Starwood has their mini-upgrades (a 10k base room vs. an 11.5k one-step-up room), I think the members would consider that a legit improvement.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
@pinniped - I completely agree! The premium-vs-standard room rates in points are astounding to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.