Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80

https://hiltonhonors.com/13799_01242017/?lang=EN&cid=OM,MB,CORE13799_All,MULTIPR,Interact, Multipage,SingleLink

Mobile bonus signup

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/MobileBonus2017/
Print Wikipost

2K Every Day Promotion is Here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

I'll have the details of our next promotion soon and will share an update this week.

Thank you!
Lauren
Lauren: That would be fantastic! I will be very happy to move my SPG/Marriott stays to Hilton.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I
Lauren: That would be fantastic! I will be very happy to move my SPG/Marriott stays to Hilton.
Why, out of curiosity? My main reason for collecting Hilton points rather than SPG/Marriott is the international coverage. When I travel for pleasure/on points, I do so outside of the USA, and Hiltons tend to be where I want to go more often than the other brands.

Why is a promo so important to get you to switch? Genuine curiosity here...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
Why, out of curiosity? My main reason for collecting Hilton points rather than SPG/Marriott is the international coverage. When I travel for pleasure/on points, I do so outside of the USA, and Hiltons tend to be where I want to go more often than the other brands.

Why is a promo so important to get you to switch? Genuine curiosity here...
It is to me as well, if I use a CC that earns me 1 pt per $1 and that pt is worth say .01 but along comes another issuer who says they will have a promo in May where charges at supermkts earns 2x which = .02, although I hardly ever use the 2nd CC at supermkts I would in May

Personally I find Hilton to be way subpar to most SPG hotels

Plus after HH massive change in its program where I find my pts to be worth alot less, during a decent promo it may make it worthwhile to actually stay at a Hilton prop and pay $$ for it
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I've read some discussions but am still confused. I have a few reward nights at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport before Apr 30. T&C says:

Members will earn Bonus Points with the “2,000 Points Every Day” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton.

OK, so an eligible folio charge is required (although some DP upthread says otherwise). It says Hampton is excluded, but mine is Hampton Inn. So is mine excluded or not?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:26 am

deleted

Promo is out now, too scared to post a link as it shows all my details. 2x points for some or 3x for Diamond, effective 1st May. Check Hiltons.com

Last edited by eric2011; Apr 26, 2017 at 2:31 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by eric2011
deleted

Promo is out now, too scared to post a link as it shows all my details. 2x points for some or 3x for Diamond, effective 1st May. Check Hiltons.com
Announced by the Lurker and discussed here.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-may-1-a.html
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Now that the 2K every day promo is ending, I have a question: did anyone have a stay under the "old" Cash & Points that were not supposed to earn points? What actually happened - did you get any points/bonuses or did you not?

I've still got a few "old" C&P stays upcoming that I'm loathe to change since they were such tremendous values, just wondering if the system really can tell the difference between the old and the new.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by italdesign
I've read some discussions but am still confused. I have a few reward nights at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport before Apr 30. T&C says:

Members will earn Bonus Points with the “2,000 Points Every Day” promotion if they have incidental charges during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges. This does not apply to incidental charges for stays at Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton.

OK, so an eligible folio charge is required (although some DP upthread says otherwise). It says Hampton is excluded, but mine is Hampton Inn. So is mine excluded or not?
It has been reported that Hampton elite-qualifying stays, with no incidentals at all, have been okay for the 2000 points.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
It has been reported that Hampton elite-qualifying stays, with no incidentals at all, have been okay for the 2000 points.
Cool. I do believe award stays are "Hampton elite-qualifying stays", so it should work then. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Just so I'm clear, for the purposes of these promo T&Cs, is "Hampton" and "Hampton Inn" and "Hampton Inn and Suites" exactly the same thing?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes to all.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: Turkish Airlines , Hilton Honors Gold
I stayed at Bursa Hampton on 22 April for one night just with points (5,000 p) and when I checked out I bought a chocolate and tell them to charge it from my registered credit card and they did so, and 2 day later I have the 2000 + 500 points for the stay
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Now that the 2K every day promo is ending, I have a question: did anyone have a stay under the "old" Cash & Points that were not supposed to earn points? What actually happened - did you get any points/bonuses or did you not?

I've still got a few "old" C&P stays upcoming that I'm loathe to change since they were such tremendous values, just wondering if the system really can tell the difference between the old and the new.
I had an "old" C&P stay that earned the 2000 points per day automatically. The total estimated points on the folio at checkout was such that it indicated that I would receive points for the cash portion, but those points were not credited automatically. I called in to inquire about the large difference between the estimated points on the folio and the amount awarded in my account, and was given the total on the folio estimate (slightly adjusted for currency conversion).

IMHO, it is not worth changing an "old" C&P reservation to a "new" one just to cover the possibility that points may not be awarded. For the one I had, the cash difference was large if I kept the points portion the same, and it would not be worth it for the few extra points I received (and yes, I looked into this before travelling).

I would not take this as a definitive answer as to whether you should get the points or not. When I called in, it was only to ask about the discrepancy between the folio estimate and the amount deposited in my account. What was clear was that the bonus points did deposit automatically.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
I had an "old" C&P stay that earned the 2000 points per day automatically. The total estimated points on the folio at checkout was such that it indicated that I would receive points for the cash portion, but those points were not credited automatically. I called in to inquire about the large difference between the estimated points on the folio and the amount awarded in my account, and was given the total on the folio estimate (slightly adjusted for currency conversion).

IMHO, it is not worth changing an "old" C&P reservation to a "new" one just to cover the possibility that points may not be awarded. For the one I had, the cash difference was large if I kept the points portion the same, and it would not be worth it for the few extra points I received (and yes, I looked into this before travelling).

I would not take this as a definitive answer as to whether you should get the points or not. When I called in, it was only to ask about the discrepancy between the folio estimate and the amount deposited in my account. What was clear was that the bonus points did deposit automatically.
For me the savings is substantial under the "old", so I'll just keep it and if I get points, great, and if I don't, I never expected them to begin with. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.