Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon {SGP}

Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon {SGP}

Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:25 am

Hilton Rep able to help look into this? I have to say though neither are they selling basic rooms for cash, only deluxe and above? What if property only has 1 classic and the rest are all deluxe+ rooms? Can they do that?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Just checked for an upcoming stay this summer and there is now availability at 10000 points per night for July.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MP001
Just checked for an upcoming stay this summer and there is now availability at 10000 points per night for July.
Also for September, having just booked 4 - 8 at 10K/night.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
F1 weekend too available for 10k!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:57 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by jxd
Awful, awful location. Not the cleanest and safest part of Singapore as well.
Utter Drivel.

I stayed in this area for 7 days, and loved it. I found Little India an excellent place away from the clinical tourist traps. I also ate at the Hawker Markets around there near Cambridge Road. I was with 3 females as well, who never felt scared ever.

For anyone saying it is unsafe, this is purely just Xenophobia and Racism against those from India, Pakistan, etc.

Grow up.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: (Ż`'•.¸Hyatt Globalist * AA Gold * Delta Silver * Marriott Platinum * Hilton Gold¸.•'´Ż)
Interesting in that for my existing reservation at this HGI property stayed at the 35K rate, thankfully I checked today, cancelled and rebooked at the new 10K! Pretty incredible because whereas before I was paying 105K for 3 nights, I'm now paying 40K for 5 nights!
Old May 12, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Looks like the standard rate has gone up to 20K per night.
Attached Images  
Old May 12, 2017, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Looks like the standard rate has gone up to 20K per night.
So the property has yet to open but they already got "upgraded" from "Cat 2"? How does that happen? Anyways, given how they had been pricing their award redemption rates, I wonder if this property will go rogue from the get-go. Pity, I was hoping that Hilton adds a low end property in Sin to compete with Marriott (SPG), IHG and Le Accor. This HGI is not helping...
Old May 12, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by PayItForward
Hilton Rep able to help look into this? I have to say though neither are they selling basic rooms for cash, only deluxe and above? What if property only has 1 classic and the rest are all deluxe+ rooms? Can they do that?
Yep. Standard room awards are now 20k. Previously when 10k rates weren't available it was just because the property had pulled all standard room types. Now standard room types are available but... all 20k.
Old May 12, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I think this is still probably going to be a good option. The cash cost of buying 20k points during the regular 100% bonus promotions is similar to the cash rates at somewhere like the HIX Katong in Singapore, and given the choice I would rather be in an HGI!

As arbitrageurs we may not like to see efficient pricing, but we can hardly complain about it when it happens.
Old May 13, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Checked last week and it was 10K, Today it seems like it is 20K. The hotel is not even opened yet and the redemption rate has been changed. How does this happens?
Old May 13, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PayItForward
So the property has yet to open but they already got "upgraded" from "Cat 2"? How does that happen?
Originally Posted by klakhav
Checked last week and it was 10K, Today it seems like it is 20K. The hotel is not even opened yet and the redemption rate has been changed. How does this happens?
Everyone and their uncle on FT jumps on a points redemption rate that's set very obviously too low for the market (Singapore's 21st worldwide), and Hilton isn't filled with idiots who wouldn't notice how fast the inventory is being sucked out on points redemption?
Old May 13, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Everyone and their uncle on FT jumps on a points redemption rate that's set very obviously too low for the market (Singapore's 21st worldwide), and Hilton isn't filled with idiots who wouldn't notice how fast the inventory is being sucked out on points redemption?
I agree, and think even at 20K points/night there is still value here
Old May 13, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by dburns
I agree, and think even at 20K points/night there is still value here
Yeah, I redeemed at the HIX Clarke Quay when it opened at 20k IHG. Whoosh, it it's up to 30k now.
Old May 14, 2017, 9:06 am

It's true that the rate at 10K was low, but Hilton promised that maximum award rates would not go up this year, and that the upper limits for the previous categories would stay in place until the end of 2018.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.