Hilton Tallinn Park {EST}

Old Jun 1, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Tallinn Park {EST}

Hi all,

Just noticed there is no thread for this new hotel that opened today in Tallinn, Estonia.

There is something strange going on: the hotel is opening today, but it has disappeared from the Hilton website:

The link to the hotel web page is broken:
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/est...IHI/index.html

Also the Hilton search tool can't find any hotels from Tallinn, Estonia: "Sorry, no hotel locations matched your request."

And, additionally, I have two upcoming reservations to this hotel, and they have both disappeared from my account. My points have not been returned.

Any idea what's going on? Normal Hilton IT incompetence related to hotel launch?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it looks a bit like a champagne bottle that failed to smash the hotel is definitely open and not been deflagged or anything like that. They just have some difficulties with the IT. I think they are not appearing in the directory properly. I expect it will be fixed tomorrow.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
5 hours ago they posted a photo of their staff opening the hotel on Facebook ... I would guess a Hilton IT failure once again.

https://m.facebook.com/HiltonTallinnPark/
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

I would imagine it's not good for business not being found on the brand website...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:05 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Hotels.com, for example, has it. Screwy Hilton IT...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:07 am
Original Poster

I called the hotel - they are aware of the problem of hotel missing from Hilton website and were also able to find my reservations. They were not sure when the problem will be fixed.

Will post some first impressions of the hotel in two weeks when I get there. Hope that someone beats me to it and posts a review before that.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by _fly_

Will post some first impressions of the hotel in two weeks when I get there. Hope that someone beats me to it and posts a review before that.
Yes, please do.
Would you please check for me if the windows can be opened?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
It seems to have reappeared on the website. Eager to hear impressions as well! I'm considering it for a July visit.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:01 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I just stayed one night in this Hilton hotel and I had nice stay there. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Internet was fast. Room was modern and with nice view to the sea and city. Executive lounge is on 11th floor with great view. Food spread there is above the average. Cocktails and canapes are served between 5-7PM. I also liked the gym (Technogym equipment) and SPA. Swimming pool was nice because there is also an option to go to the outdoor terrace. I would recommend this property.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:04 am

Thank you very much for your review.
Did you happen to notice if the windows could be opened?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:49 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by helosc
Thank you very much for your review.
Did you happen to notice if the windows could be opened?
In my room the windows could not be opened but the AC was quiet.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:11 am

What a shame....
But thank you very much for answering my question.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, AY Gold, BA Gold, TK Gold, ITA Executive Elite+, IHG Diamond AMB
I was here too. Staff is enthousiastic but they have lots of issues: they run out of food in the lounge. It takes ages to get more. Same applies for breakfast buffet downstairs..

Anyways a nice property and got a suite upgrade on my first stay here as a HHD. Once they get their staff trained it'll be much better.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
I have stayed there couple of times already. Once right after the soft launch and now last weekend after the official launch at 9th.

Both times the hotel was not that full. I recall EL desk mentioning that only 55 rooms occupied (from 200+) last weekend. Probably due to that both times as a HHD I was lucky enough to get a King Deluxe one bedroom suite and a late checkout (2-3PM). The VIP welcome gift provided was either chocolates or a fruit basket with a water bottle and a 5cl Vana Tallinn for avec.
The rooms in 9th and 4th floors were one of the best ones I have ever stayed. Modern, with great views even from the lower floor and practical. Seems the sofa in the living room is not a bed sofa (I cannot imagine why?) so a extra bed has to be ordered if extra accommodation is required.

The spa is nice with a whirlpool, larger pool (1,2m deep), steam sauna and a normal sauna with a large made in Finland IKI stove and a relaxation room. They had some kiwi, lemon and lime water available there but they all were warm and due to that the kiwi water for example was undrinkable. Though there is a (non drinkable, meant for cooling off in / after sauna) ice machine near by from where the cooler portion of the containers could be filled up by the staff.
The sun terrace with a garden accessible from the spa would be great with a nice weather and I hope the bar will be opened there also when the hotel has more guests.

The very nicely decorated large Executive lounge in the 11th floor was a disappointment by it's offerings.
During the day time only some fruits, muesli bars and nuts were provided with a Jura coffee machine and sodas.
Officially from 5PM to 7PM (actually about 5:30PM to 7:30PM) they opened the lock for the door of the cold beer, provided red and white wine, 3yr Havana Club rum, Beefeater Gin and some vodka.
First time I stayed they had a limited selection of warm small pizza style canaps with cold meat offerings which ran out even in almost empty EL and on the second time they had only three cold offerings. Small smoked salmon fillets in a small glass, dark bread cubes and raspberry dessert.

The breakfast is very typical for Hilton with a cooked-to-order station. Many of the items ran out both times and the service was still slow as they were still learning to operate the hotel.

The location was convinient for me when arriving from D-terminal though not as central related to old town and other sights in Tallinn as some hotels.

Although the staff is still being trained and service there including recoding the keys for late checkout had issues both times I stayed the service was exceptionally polite and friendly. Everyone tried to do their best and all complaints were corrected asap. I already gave some polite direct feedback with a smile while I was staying there and planning to write some more to the hotel if I find the time for it.

Overall I had very pleasant stays and will visit the hotel again this summer and would recommend the new property.

Some photos can be found from:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuDpLlCmo-fHkd9RchV0nBnKYzrN6A
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Staying here this weekend. Can pretty much second everything previous posters have said. Seems that the occupancy is very low this weekend also, very quiet. We had the spa all to ourselves earlier this evening, which was really nice. Spa has a very nice design and everything worked smoothly. Good sauna, good pool, good showers. The terrace will be very nice during sunny summer days. Bonus points for the swimsuit dryers.

Diamond treatment has been good, good recognition, corner suite upgrade from basic room (points+money stay). When I asked for a later checkout the reply was "no problem, just let us know what time you want to leave" and at 16:00 was no problem at all. I'm sure it's due to low occupancy.

Some of the staff seems a bit clueless at times but they are trying and are very friendly.

There is a steak restaurant on the 2nd floor which is very expensive by Tallinn standards, the steaks are like 30€ or so... haven't tried it yet. Downstairs there is a cafe that turns into a gin+tonic bar in the evening. They did not have my favourite gin...

It's not the most central hotel in Tallinn but still very walkable.

The view from the lounge is quite nice. Food/beverage offerings are average in variety but of good quality.

There is still a slight smell of paint in the room, might be problematic for some. It will surely soon fade soon. The suite has ceiling to floor windows that can't be opened.

I would dare to say I like this more than the Swissotel, and the spa is nicer. Will see about the breakfast tomorrow. So far so good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.