Hilton Nanjing Riverside {CHN}

Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Nanjing Riverside {CHN}

Nanjing Hilton Riverside
Top floor river view room with balcony. It is said on days when the air quality is good, the views across the Yangtze River are breathtaking. Sadly this was not that day. The opposite bank was barely visible. As I checked in at midnight and out again just eight hours later, I did not have an opportunity to sample the complimentary breakfast (served in the main restaurant at lobby level). Note, while the Executive Lounge was open at 8am, there was no food service available at that time

HHonors Gold amenity

King bed

View from the desk

View of the desk

Desk equipped with international power sockets

Bathroom - full bathtub and separate walk-in shower

Toiletries

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 9, 2016 at 6:05 pm Reason: split
Old May 27, 2016, 9:01 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Review: Hilton Nanjing Riverside (King Premier Suite)

Hilton Nanjing Riverside

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Nanjing Riverside

No. 1 Huaibin Road Xiaguan District Nanjing, CN 210011

Review: Hilton Nanjing Riverside (King Premier Suite) (23 Photos)

Hilton Nanjing Riverside

I had a very enjoyable stay recently at Hilton Nanjing Riverside.

Lobby:

Front desk:

On arrival, I headed straight to the Executive Lounge on the 12th floor. No key card is required to access the floor in the lift.

At check-in, as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I was given the choice of an upgrade either to an Executive Room (with a view of the Yangtze River) or a King Premier Suite (with a view of the residential complex behind the hotel). I opted for the latter. This hotel is known on various Chinese travel forums for its generous treatment of Diamond members. According to numerous reports, this hotel frequently offers Diamond members the choice of an upgrade to an Executive River View Room or a King Premier Suite with no river view. Many users on Chinese travel forums also argue that this hotel is consistently more generous towards Diamond members compared to Hilton Nanjing.

King Premier Suite

I was impressed by the spacious layout (a comfortable living room area, a bedroom with a king bed and a huge bathroom). Wifi speed was good. One weakness, however, was the king bed mattress which was slightly lacking in support.

Cloakroom:

There was an additional lavatory by the entrance:

View from the suite:

Executive Lounge

A generous selection of hot and cold dishes, as well as drinks, were served during Happy Hour from 6 to 8pm in the Executive Lounge. I was particularly impressed that the buffet included langoustines, sushi and mussels.

The view of the Yangtze River from the Executive Lounge is wonderful (unfortunately the door to the balcony is locked). The hotel is situated at the confluence of the Qinhuai River and the Yangtze River.

There are 2 PCs and a printer:

Breakfast

Executive floor guests and Hilton HHonors Diamond members can have complimentary breakfast in the Executive Lounge or the River Cafe restaurant on the ground floor.

Breakfast in the Executive Lounge:

Breakfast in the River Cafe restaurant:

There was an extensive selection of Chinese and Western buffet food options, as well as made-to-order dishes (such as hundun dumplings, noodles and eggs). The dumplings were delicious, as were the freshly made Nanjing pancakes. I was given a feedback form to complete, which is a sign of the hotel’s effort and commitment to deliver great service.

Leisure facilities and surrounding area

The indoor swimming pool, fitness centre and spa are located on the ground floor. The fitness centre is open 24/7, while the pool is open from 6am to 10:30pm.

You can hire a bike/Segway to explore the surrounding area!

In addition, the hotel has thoughtfully provided a cycling/jogging map of the surrounding area.

The cycling and jogging path along the river is very pleasant, with locals fishing, chatting and doing tai chi/exercise in the morning:

View of the hotel from the cycling/jogging path:

Overall

Overall, I had a thoroughly enjoyable stay at Hilton Nanjing Riverside and would highly recommend this hotel.

Admittedly it is not as conveniently located as Hilton Nanjing if you want to visit the city centre/the main tourist sights (unlike Hilton Nanjing, which is next to JiQingMenDaJie metro station on line 2, there is no metro station near Hilton Nanjing Riverside). However, it is inexpensive taking a taxi from the hotel to the city centre (around RMB 30 for a one-way journey). The treatment which I received as a Diamond member, the Executive Lounge and the breakfast selection were all better at Hilton Nanjing Riverside than Hilton Nanjing. The surrounding area (which I have described above) is very pleasant and Yuejiang Tower (a tourist sight worth visiting) is nearby. In contrast, Hilton Nanjing is a city hotel situated next to Wanda Plaza shopping centre and other business buildings. Personally, if I visit Nanjing again, I would choose to stay at Hilton Nanjing Riverside over Hilton Nanjing.

Finally, I should mention the way in which the hotel dealt with the introduction of VAT which took effect on 1 May 2016 (and which was discussed in another thread). As I made my booking before 1 May 2016, the hotel could have charged a higher amount to account for the change from the previous service charge (equating to 15% of the room rate) to the new VAT + service charge (equating to 16.6% of the room rate). Instead, the hotel lowered the room rate in my booking, such that the total price (new lowered room rate x 1.166) was the same as the original room rate x 1.15. This is another example of the hotel's great customer service.

Review: Hilton Nanjing Riverside (King Premier Suite)

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Nanjing Riverside?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 29, 2016, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Your stay was much different than mine. No upgrade offer given to me as a Diamond. Didn't think the view was all that fantastic but that may have been due to the weather too. Found the service standards in the lounge to be very typically Chinese with the restaurant downstairs being just as bad. English language capability of a lot of the staff, including that in the lounge, was lacking.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Bluehen1
Your stay was much different than mine. No upgrade offer given to me as a Diamond. Didn't think the view was all that fantastic but that may have been due to the weather too. Found the service standards in the lounge to be very typically Chinese with the restaurant downstairs being just as bad. English language capability of a lot of the staff, including that in the lounge, was lacking.
I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive an upgrade (although my key card pack had already been prepared when I checked in, I asked if it was possible to have a suite upgrade and the receptionist in the Executive Lounge happily changed my room to a King Premier Suite). Also, perhaps the service was different as I spoke to the staff in Chinese (maybe they are not so confident speaking English).
Old May 31, 2016, 12:31 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by paul00
I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive an upgrade (although my key card pack had already been prepared when I checked in, I asked if it was possible to have a suite upgrade and the receptionist in the Executive Lounge happily changed my room to a King Premier Suite). Also, perhaps the service was different as I spoke to the staff in Chinese (maybe they are not so confident speaking English).
Oh, that was definitely the case since she could barely communicate with me in regards to my CCB credit card. It was at that point that I realized that asking for an upgrade was not going to go well.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: SK
Just stayed a week in Riverside. Not a bad place, except maybe getting a taxi was not always easy and the area arround the hotel is pretty dead. Otherwise, got an upgrade to the 11th floor (11th and 12th are executive while 11th is non-smoking). Lounge was decent, a bit low on alcoholic drinks, happy hour 18-20 with soft drinks available also later (lounge closes at 23). Breakfast is poor in the lounge, I recommend going to the restaurant, however it is not stellar there either. Gym is also a bit on the low side, swimming pool avaialbe (did not try though).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.