Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite; Hilton Diamond
Arrow Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos {MEX}

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn Cabo San Lucas. Last time I was in Cabo I saw it while driving past. I end up in Cabo a few times a year. Most of the time we stay at the Hilton Resort. But when their prices get up to $600+ per night we have to go elsewhere.

I am curious about this property because it has great prices, HHonors, great reviews, but it seems to be by nothing. So I'm curious if anyone has stayed and wants to weigh in?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I was curious about this property as well esp since the Hilton won't allow you to book starndard room on awards and it's too many points.

But i concluded that I don't want to be in a hampton inn on my vacation that's not on the beach. I booked an ocean front room at the sheraton instead for 46k points for 5 nights even though i have a ton of hilton points to burn
Old May 17, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Does anyone have any ideas on relatively cheap transportation to this property?
Old May 18, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Does anyone have any ideas on relatively cheap transportation to this property?
I have used TransCabo http://transcabo.com/ when I stayed ay the HI. It seemed the most reasonable, it was a shuttle to all the hotels in the San Jose area.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by BigFishDave
I have used TransCabo http://transcabo.com/ when I stayed ay the HI. It seemed the most reasonable, it was a shuttle to all the hotels in the San Jose area.
Thanks. Definitely looks reasonable in comparison to the private options and taxi seems a bit steep also.

Does anyone know if there are any dining options near this property? I am really just staying overnight as a part of a mini mileage run so dont need much but cant really tell what is available for dining.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
We just completed a long weekend (3 night stay). As the primary purpose of the trip was scuba diving, we rented a car.
First issue was finding the property. There is NO SIGNAGE on the highway - we drove past once, realized we missed it due to the km markers, noticed the H+ Hospital, then Hampton signage on the building, several hundred yards up a hill.
Parking is free, very convenient underground parking, adventure finding it.
Staff speaks great English, are very friendly, courteous, eager to help.
We booked a queen room, requested a king (Diamond upgrade), told that there is one king available, on the noisy first floor, our third (top floor) queen had an "ocean view". It was also adjacent to the elevator, my profile states away from elevator, but gave up trying for a better room.
Room was brand new, all Hampton-level, modern furniture and amenities. Housekeeping was timely, professional.
Decent outdoor pool and gym on the top level - when not overrun with noisy, unsupervised kids.
Breakfast was very close to the standard US Hampton spread, with some Mexican specialties.
There is a bar adjacent to the front desk and breakfast area, offering 2 Margaritas or Daiquiris for 100 pesos - too good to pass up.
Closest restaurants are the stores at Palmillas - an upscale complex just a few kms north of the property - with a beautiful, swimmable public beach.
There is also a large supermarket a few kms further north, on the way to San Jose del Cabo - old town area with lots of touristy restaurants and shops.
There are lots of overpriced, mediocre restaurants. Our recommendation: http://www.10best.com/destinations/m...nd-tequila-bar

Based on this experience, I would encourage the casual tourist to explore all-inclusive package deals, which are readily available.

Be prepared for the timeshare peddlers, who are EVERYWHERE.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Fine hotel with a rental car

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 24.8 Cerro Colorado San Jose del Cabo, Baja California Sur MX 23400

Fine hotel with a rental car (12 Photos)

Overall a solid hotel for the price.  Location is between airport and Cabo San Lucas.  Having a car worked out well, they have an underground garage.  If I were to return though, I'd try to get by with only the bus I think.  Not as convenient, but there seemed to be a lot of them.

Check In

Standard process- driving to the Entrance brings you buy the hospital, was a bit confusing at first.  They charged for the room cost upfront, asked if I wanted to add extra for incidentals, I declined.  Got 2 items from the fridge to drink and 2 small cookie type snack

Room

Two Queen Beds in the room- was adequate.1_IMG_20170204_225933.jpg

Beds were a bit 1_IMG_20170204_225938.jpg

The view was nice but not very visible from the first bed.  No balcony or opening windows.1_IMG_20170204_225941.jpg

Had a wet bar with mini fridge and microwave.1_IMG_20170204_225949.jpg1_IMG_20170204_225958.jpgIMG_20170204_230008.jpg

Only a walk in shower, no bathtub.  The shower head was strange, it pivots 4 ways to deliver 4 different flow options.1_IMG_20170204_230016.jpg

Dining

Standard Hampton offerings...but more ;)

Always excited about what Hamptons offer in foreign lands.  This one did not disappoint.  It appears they have a full kitchen too in the back, not sure if they make anything custom, but I'm sure if you said the right thing..IMG_20170205_075311.jpg

Rooftop Pool

This was one nice feature- the pool is on the 5th floor.  The hotel itself only utilizes floor 1-3 for rooms, but the 5th floor contains the fitness center (looked fine with 2 treadmills and 1 elliptical by Precor, plus medicine balls and free weights).  There is a bar at the top, but it wasn't staffed when I was there.  A phone existed by it with a number to call if you wanted food or drink.  No idea how long it would take for this to show up though.  It also had a TV which was tuned into the superbowl tonight (but I suspect other guests turned that on).IMG_20170204_233552.jpg

The pool contained metal structures above it that seemed to once hold something overhead like a canopy.  In the back in another parking lot appeared to be other pieces of it, some which were snapped.  I think it may have been damaged with high winds, no idea if it's going to be repaired or not.IMG_20170204_233538.jpg

The hot tub seemed to be hot, of good size.  Was turned off when I went on top tonight at midnight.  (Pool closes at 10, but d

The following pics are from my room. You can see its not on the playa, but still has a view of the ocean if you strain your eyes ;).IMG_20170204_230244.jpg1_IMG_20170204_230247.jpg

The metal building in the front contains an assortment of food establishments.  We went in one night and it was ok; prices were in the mid-range of the area, but it was a very close walk to the room.  The PeMex just around the corner to the left did have an ATM that worked, the one in the lobby didn't ta

Fine hotel with a rental car

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Did anyone stay at this hotel recently? Easy to take Uber or a taxi from the airport to here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.