Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Cartagena {COL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 2:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Cartagena {COL}

Hampton by Hilton Cartagena

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Calle 8 Av San Martin Cartagena, CO 130001

Hampton by Hilton Cartagena {COL} (18 Photos)

Same setup as room in Barranquilla with the same mirror and bathroom. Different artwork.

Room

First Entering RoomBedDesk/TV areaSinkBathroomCommode

Check In

I didn't take any of the actual lobby on the 16th floor. But these photos show the lobby at the ground level leading to the elevator bank (2) to the real lobby. As far as checkin, there was a brief delay with two parties in front of me. And as I was on a LNF rate, it caused some confusion. However having a printout from hilton helped. They did call someone to verify my rate. As this was near Halloween, they had the lobby set up in that motief.

Adjacent elevator

IGround Level passageway

From the street

Beach

Yes there is a beach within a block. But lots of vendors selling stuff. I was even harassed in the water by someone on a jet ski :rolleyes:

Beach in bottom of picture

View from room

Transportation

Rode the "bus" to and fro in Cartagena. Arrived from Barranquilla by bus and according to Google it was a 25 minute walk from the Central Bus Terminal.

This was not accurate- it was 30 minutes by Taxi, or (as the Information Desk at the Terminal said, "an adventure") an hour by bus.

I felt adventurous, and had some time to kill.

I rode the bus the folllowing day to the "Old Town". Two stops but same fare. Despite the low cost I felt the value was diminished somewhat.

Interesting collection of stuffed dogs ;)

Arrival to the wall

Gym

Sadly this was closed.

Pool

One of the reasons I booked the property. It was a rooftop pool. But sadly this was also closed. But the view from the main lobby (on the 16th floor) had a balcony which looked rather impressive. As the pool is higher up, I imagine it would be an even better view.

Dining

Like the Hamton in Barranquilla, this is an unhampton experience. Tasty with hot items like empanadas, there was also a nice array of seasonal fruit. I experienced the Curuba for the first time- passion fruit like, very tasty at this breakfast. A fair number of people, I was able to get a seat with a view of town.

It seems they do have a full bar available as well. Not certain of prices- but good luck finding that in a Hampton stateside.

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton by Hilton Cartagena?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.