Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla {COL}

Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

New thread.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 31, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla {COL}

Hampton By Hilton Barranquilla

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Calle 85 # 50-25 Barranquilla, CO 080020

Hampton by Hilton Barranquilla {COL} (13 Photos)

Overall a clean neat hotel in Barranquilla, Columbia

Arrived late and there was no wait for one of the two checkin positions.

Dining

Hamptons include a Free Breakfast. This is decidedly an unhampton type breakfast.  On the offering this morning was Colombian esque foods, and apparently I enjoyed too much as I wasn't hungry for lunch well until the afternoon.  The berry yogurt was a nice way to wash it all down. There were also "on demand" other food options such as pizza, plus a bar.

However it did feel like a cafeteria with the way the trays are used.  Had a nice seat by the window- not too crowded this morning

Breakfast

Room

Ended up with a room with two beds after booking a single King.  Being late, I didn't fuss.

Hallway

Room

The bedsTwo beds

TV with strange mirror and desk/chairDesk

Bathroom

Bathroom

Additional angles (sorry about the foucs)

Sink

Commode

Toilet

TP of reasonable quality.

Amenities

View from the roomView from room

Lots of buildings aroundView II

Yeah, air conditioning is important here.  I was surprised I could see the water from my room as its a good distance away. I do think I was using a zoom in this photo though, as it seemView III

Market downtown

P1030488.JPG

P1030301.JPG (meal I had nearby)

@ Night outsidei

It seems to be in more of a residential part of Barranquilla, not very many (if any) tourists around.  However there is street lighting around and I didn't have any issues getting around after dark.  I walked to dinner my first time staying here about 15 minutes away, and a subsequent visit to the supermarket a few times for "edible souviners.

Service

Checkin was alright until I discovered I had a room change that modified my rate that I did not request. This was resolved, but wasn't very simple. So double check your rate as the interaction they have with hilton's backend seems limited. Very friendly and answered questions about the area. This is inside a larger complex, and you have to be 'buzzed' into the Hampton section, or use a keycard, as it's a multi purpose building.

There is a drugstore across the lobby of the building that offers a limited selection of beverages among other products.  I even picked up an ice cream here as it was ridiculously hot.

I did do an overnight trip to Cartagena, and the Hampton Barranquilla held my luggage without issue until I returned, which was quite helpful.

Overall

I liked the room, however the location doesn't work well for visiting downtown as its over an hour walk (that I did walk as it was downhill) , or a cab ride that can encounter some serious traffic (despite taking back roads). Traffic jams do occur in front of the hotel as well, with traffic managed by people at the signalized intersection due to this.  But if the price is right it is worth a visit.

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton By Hilton Barranquilla?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Any recommendations on how to get to Cartagena quickly and safely from Barranquilla? looks like only 2 hours away but not sure if Taxi is best option.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:45 pm

Most (All?) Hampton’s in Colombia are with MetroHotels (metrohotels.com.co). Seems their strategy is having a hotel near a medical facility. This hotel is actually attached to a medical facility and has a 24-hour pharmacy across the hall.

Rooms: Closet, Mini-fridge, desk, night stands and 1 or 2 beds (no dressers). They do have some rooms with two double beds even though the website says 1 double + 1 twin. Lighting is poor in the main room and bathroom. There are reading lamps near the head of one of the beds which is nice if you read in bed. The room key magnetic strip typically stops working every 2-3 days so if you’re staying longer, get your key re-keyed at breakfast or with one of your trips out/back. You need the key-card in the elevator for your floor and roofdeck.

Staff: Wonderful. Everyone from the front desk, to the restaurant staff, to the repair/service people to the cleaning staff were pleasant and wanted to help. Although I read somewhere rooms are cleaned upon request, they actually have daily cleaning which you can decline.

Billing: They request full payment of room charges upon checkin. Oddly, after checkout a folio is not emailed out. Their systems do not seem very efficient as it takes 2 to 6 minutes for them to print out a folio.

Amenities: Gym, hot tubs and a conference room are on the roof, decent view. They have pool towels with the hot tub and some small towels in the gym.

Breakfast: Changes every day, and during the same day (may change out hot items when one runs out). It is more a brunch with breakfast and lunch food than just breakfast. Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Papaya, Pineapple (occasional), Coffees, Water, Yogurts (poured from a bottle), Green drink (poured from a bottle), hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, ham, salty cheese, bread/pastries, cereal, 2-3 changing hot main items (soup, chicken, sausage mix, Arepas, Hallaca, corn pancakes, Belgian waffles, ground beef mix, Yuca/Cassava, etc).

Location: Pull-off for Ubers so easy for car pickup. Walkable to many Restaurants, a Shopping Mall and Venezuela park. Many hotels are in the area (Ibis, Radisson, Wyndham, a little further Four Points & NH).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.