Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Conrad?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by safra1
The Conrad in NY is a hotspot for celebrity sightings (a number of sports teams stay there when they are playing in the NYC area). It has a beautiful spacious lobby for it's size and location.
I know the Conrad New York seems to be the US Conrad where there is the most divergence of opinion, but I am one who really enjoy it. Conrad New York fits me to a T and it has become my home away from home when in Manhattan. Some have commented that they find it cold and distant, but I find it spacious and comfortable. I really like the location down in Battery Park City and if one or two days of my stay is very midtown centric, then I will stay at Hilton Times Square or Andaz Fifth Avenue for a night of my stay. For example, my stay this upcoming weekend, I will be at the Conrad Thursday thru Sunday morning and then Sunday night at Hilton Times Square.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
I know the Conrad New York seems to be the US Conrad where there is the most divergence of opinion, but I am one who really enjoy it. Conrad New York fits me to a T and it has become my home away from home when in Manhattan. Some have commented that they find it cold and distant, but I find it spacious and comfortable. I really like the location down in Battery Park City and if one or two days of my stay is very midtown centric, then I will stay at Hilton Times Square or Andaz Fifth Avenue for a night of my stay. For example, my stay this upcoming weekend, I will be at the Conrad Thursday thru Sunday morning and then Sunday night at Hilton Times Square.
Totally agree with this, it's my favourite hotel in NY. Don't mind that it's out of the way a little, getting a cab uptown is simple anyway.

Love the suites there, so spacious ^
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Conrad Tokyo - could be since they upgraded me to a mini suite overlooking Tokyo Bay. The staff was so helpful in the lounge. Nice lounge with my favorite spirit Campari. The staff would print out a map from Google and take a highlighter and mark my route in pink. They would add the names of businesses along the route (Starbucks on the corner, etc) so I knew I was going the right way. It's close to subways and rail station.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:34 am

Macau. The rooms are just brilliant, relatively new and there is a high likelihood of being upgraded to a suite and they have an exec lounge there.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
City - Tokyo

Resort - Koh Samui
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by more4less
Resort - Koh Samui
Oh, I forgot about that one! @:-)
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:30 pm

The Conrads are my favorite Hilton-family hotels, and I have vacationed at the properties in the Algarve (1x), Punta del Este (1x), Hong Kong (2x), Singapore (2x), Tokyo (2x), Seoul (1x), Bangkok (1x), Koh Samui (1x), Bali (2x), and the Maldives (1x).

While I love all the properties, Bali blows all the others away in terms of service.

Last edited by bamboola; Mar 18, 2015 at 11:40 pm Reason: Forgot to list a few properties.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Votes for a lot of different places, which is a good sign!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Ms Travelexpert and I are off to Portugal this summer with our 13 year old daughter.

Algarve is our first stop.

Conrad requires two rooms for five nights--total HH points 400.

Nearby Hilton is fine with three in a room for 120K points--and Nor-1 has option for apartment like accommodation for additional $100 per day.

I have chosen the latter.

As for Conrad Maldives--awesome even though no Diamond upgrade.

Have long wanted to visit Punta del Este--but Conrad reviews on Tripadvisor are mediocre at best--and declining as the years go by.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Have long wanted to visit Punta del Este--but Conrad reviews on Tripadvisor are mediocre at best--and declining as the years go by.
I visited Punta del Este several years ago and it was dated even then. It really should not be a Conrad and doesn't fit in with the other Conrads.

Do contact the Conrad Algarve directly and see if you can all stay in one room. I stayed shortly after it first opened and found the staff to be very accommodating.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Tough question!

I guess my overall favorite is the Conrad Centennial in Singapore as I've been there countless times, familiar with it, like the location, has a good gym and love the EL.

Most impressive standard rooms and lobby- Tokyo
Great views and location- Hong Kong
Great location- understated elegance- St. James in London
Great location and huge suites- Chicago

Most disappointing- Dublin (could be because it had no lounge, and didn't get a chance to have breakfast)

This year also looking forward to checking out the Conrad in Macau, so I'll report back after that visit as to it's ranking!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:37 am
cjd

Anyone stayed in all 27 Conrads? If you have, then congratulations, you really are a world traveller!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Bali - top floor suite with private outdoor plunge pool.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Tit, LTP;Omni Black;IHG Spire; Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
You should try other Conrads.

Their bathrooms are not like other Conrads with toilet separated by a another door inside the bathroom....

Oh, like a Ritz
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Bali - top floor suite with private outdoor plunge pool.
^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.