Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jumbooze
Guaranteed program states:

Our Guarantee does not apply to the following:

Rates available on "opaque" websites where the hotel brand and specific hotel are not known until the booking is made (e.g., Priceline.com, Hotwire.com).

Discount or negotiated rates not available to the general public, including but not limited to the following rates: membership (e.g., AARP), corporate, government, promotional, unpublished, Senior HHonors®, employee, offline wholesale/FIT, pre-paid rates which may include a voucher (including electronic vouchers), group or other specially negotiated rates.

I regret to inform you that we are unable to honor your request due to the website requiring a voucher at check-in. We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling and we thank you for making Hilton portfolio of hotels your choice. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your future travel needs.
they reconsidered and approved my claim! Yay first claim with hilton saved 165sgd!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
they reconsidered and approved my claim! Yay first claim with hilton saved 165sgd!
They now sent me an e-mail saying this was approved as a goodwill gesture.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

They now sent me an e-mail saying this was approved as a goodwill gesture.
@jumbooze: others have also faced a similar experience in the past (see for example post #961 in this thread, which discussed this issue).

The rejection e-mail cited the previous version of the Hilton BRG T&Cs (compare with the current version of the Hilton BRG T&Cs, which do not exclude prepaid rates including a voucher).

Therefore your claim should have been approved - it shouldn't have required a 'goodwill gesture'.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:21 pm

BRG approved within 2 hours - Hilton Singapore. Matched to hotelquickly.com
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:30 pm

I tried to do a BRG on the Hampton City Messe Frankfurt 25th of June to 26th - but was denied...is there any Help here on getting it done?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
I tried to do a BRG on the Hampton City Messe Frankfurt 25th of June to 26th - but was denied...is there any Help here on getting it done?

Thanks in advance!
If you are SURE that you were wrongly denied, try sending a private message to the Hilton Honors Representative here on FT. IME she is quite fair and responsive. Toi Toi Toi!
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:05 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by blueeagle3

Thanks in advance!

Hi blueeagle3,

Sent you a PM to get the claim number. Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Hampton Inn Provo, Utah-- during a BYU football game weekend:

Hilton.com price: $219
Expedia Price: $110
Same cancel policy (one day prior)

Matched in less than 24 hours, final rate US$93. Very happy!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:22 am

Can anyone advise what does the "If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties"?

E.g. If the check in date is 20 Jul, I have to cancel before
1) 19 Jul 11.59pm
2) 19 Jul 3pm (hotel check in is 3pm)
3) 19 Jul 12.01am

Most website do state the timing of the free cancellation. Hence wanted to be sure before I do the best rate guarantee.

Or is Hilton strict about the timing of cancellation?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by icegoh
Can anyone advise what does the "If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties"?

E.g. If the check in date is 20 Jul, I have to cancel before
1) 19 Jul 11.59pm
2) 19 Jul 3pm (hotel check in is 3pm)
3) 19 Jul 12.01am

Most website do state the timing of the free cancellation. Hence wanted to be sure before I do the best rate guarantee.

Or is Hilton strict about the timing of cancellation?
@icegoh: please see posts # 71 and 72 of this thread for an answer to your question.

1) would be the applicable cancellation deadline.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:27 am

My friend and I have both submitted a BRG on Hilton Tokyo from 7th Aug to 11th Aug (two rooms in total). It has been more than 30 hours after we have submitted our first form, we have even sent and email to the bestrate_response team, but so far we did not receive any response.

Is there anything that I can do apart from waiting...

Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:35 am

hilton osaka is 40% cheaper on jtb.co.jp
Submitted claim and got the most ridiculous denial ever.

So I can compare japanese hotels only with english hotel sites...

Dear Mr. xxxx,
Thank you for taking the time to submit an Our Best Rates Guarantee claim for your stay at our Hilton International Osaka, Japan. I have reviewed your reservation and the lower rate was found through a non-compliant website which displays only in Japanese.

I regret to inform that we are unable to approve the claim based on the above reason.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:44 pm

A few successful claims from this spring; all the prices are for one night for clarity even though most stays have been longer and these have also all been cancellable rates:

Hilton Singapore, Feb 2017 stay
Twin Hilton Deluxe Plus
Hilton rate: 331.65 SGD + taxes
Competing site: getaroom.com via hotelscombined via hotelbrgs.com
Competing rate: 296.50 SGD + taxes
Approved: 222.38 SGD + taxes

Hilton Helsinki Airport, Apr 2017 stay
King Room
Hilton Rate: 196.91 EUR
Competing site: montigo-hotels.com
Competing rate: 168 EUR
Approved: 126 EUR

DoubleTree Tower of London, May 2017 stay
King Guest Room
Hilton rate: 214 GBP
Competing site: prestigia.com via hotelscombined via hotelbrgs.com
Competing rate: 147 GBP
Approved: 110.25 GBP

Hilton London Angel Islington, May 2017 stay
King Hilton Executive
Hilton rate: 431 GBP
Competing site: montigo-hotels.com
Competing rate: 324 GBP
Approved: 243 GBP

DoubleTree Alexandra Barcelona, Jul 2017 stay
Twin Superior
Hilton Rate: 394.62 EUR
Competing site: lastminute.com via hotelscombined
Competing rate: 237.67 EUR
Approved: 178.25 EUR

Some notes:
  • Practically every response has been taking at least 20 hours since the submission, some even over the maximum 24 hours.
  • About one in four submissions actually got the response email with the claim number. However, most submissions seem to go through regardless.
  • Some claims seem to be denied without even looking ("competing site was unreachable", referring to a completely different site in the reply etc) and once the agent even replied with a screen shot of the competing rate of 324 GBP, claiming that it is higher than my original rate of 431 GBP. In this case a DM to Lauren here in FT fixed it.
  • There seems to be no definitive list of unauthorized sites (I asked for one from the claims team and the agent also stated that there isn't one), for example montigo-hotels.com has been both accepted directly and denied because of multiple different reasons (at least "not confirming instantly", "charges a service fee on cancellations" and "they use vouchers"). So usually just retrying may turn a denied claim into an accepted claim. YMMV.
    Also, the voucher excuse shouldn't even apply as it isn't mentioned in Hilton's current T&C.
    This is of course just plain stupid as Hilton could easily auto-decline claims against a pre-defined list of competing sites already on submission instead of making us submit claims multiple times and filling the queue on the claim handlers, but what do I know?
  • In Hilton Singapore the hotel still had the original rate on the reservation, but they quickly fixed it after I presented the confirmation email with the BRG'd rate.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 5:03 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by kfhuiaauk
My friend and I have both submitted a BRG on Hilton Tokyo from 7th Aug to 11th Aug (two rooms in total). It has been more than 30 hours after we have submitted our first form, we have even sent and email to the bestrate_response team, but so far we did not receive any response.

Is there anything that I can do apart from waiting...

Thanks
Hi kfhuiaauk,

Sent you a message to get Best Price claim number.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Filed a couple of claims. Both the same website with the same term of Free Cancel until day before arrival.

Hilton denied one of the claims saying the non Hilton website was a nonrefundable rate (they must not be able to read).

But they approved the other claim from the same non Hilton site with the same exact cancel terms. But here's the kicker: when I filed the claim, the rate on the non Hilton site was higher than it is now (which I assume Hilton checked) yet they kept my claim at the higher rate from when I filed the claim. I wonder how it would work if today's rate on the non Hilton site was higher than when I filed the claim... I think I know.

I am happy one claim was approved but am not looking forward to jumping all the hoops to get the other approved, but I will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.