Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I finalised by booking for LondonHouse Chicago around week ago for a stay early next week and booked a non refundable Honors discount rate. While looking at Google Maps to see some things nearby I clicked on the hotel which shows rates from 3rd party providers.

I could have booked the same 3 nights using expedia.co.nz for close to $100 cheaper for a 3 nights than the Hilton site, and that's still the case right now.

Hilton rejected the BGR because (as expected) it was booked more than 24 hours ago, but the whole situation where Hilton can offer properties so much cheaper elsewhere than their own site is quite frankly ridiculous. Just on $30 a night difference is pretty significant - it's not like the difference is only a few $

There shouldn't really be a need for a BRG because Hilton themselves should be offering the best rate possible.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Odd result for me today... booked the hotel, put in the claim and about an hour later my reservation matched the exact pre-tax total of the competing site but no email and no 25% adjustment

Is it possible that it is in process and it is two steps, first match the price and then apply the discount and somehow I am stuck in the middle of the process?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
The final shame for me.
Last week I found an error on Hotels.com that were selling rooms non refundable with a refundable rate. Honestly I booked for me 2 times and for 2 of my friends. In total I think I made 30 reservations. The funny thing is that some claim were approved, some one were rejected with absurd reasons or because they cannot find the rate.
Anyway, after that, I found another lower price for the Hilton Copacabana on Agod. Since it's a non refundable rate, I called the call center in Europe. I spoke with an agent that after a lot of search, he approved my claim and made a reservation. Good, so I asked another booking for the next week, same rate, same prices. Here there were the problem... the agent stopped me and asked me to wait. I waited a lot of time then he told me that the price of the room before taxes is the same of Hilton's so He cannot book.. what the hell, before was fine and now no more?? I thanked him and hung up.
Later I called the Diamond Desk in US. This is my (horrible) experience
First call: it's not possible
Second call: let's try... and hung up
3rd Call: it's no possibile
4th call: this is ridicolous, I spoke with the agent for long time and She denied the price match, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that:
- I cannot find the room... I can see a partial ocean view. ME: there is no partial ocean view on Agoda.
- ok but the rate its a refundable and on Hilton is a non refundable. ME: it's written "NON REFUNDABLE".
- ok but now I have to see if it's the same non refundable as Hilton. ME: ok, I'm not from US, but if it's non refundable,.. I don't have money back.
- ok but the rate is only in US dollars and we quoted in Brasilian Real, so we cannot match. ME: At this point I got angry. I said I'm not stupid, I have two degree, you can go up and change the currency
- ok but now you are comparing a package on Hilton and a normal non refundable rate on Agoda. ME: it's not a package, it's just written "4 night for 3 with a discount on entire stay"
- yes, but on Agoda is not written that you have 1 night free. ME: no one say that, and you are a big lier. On Hilton's it's written there is a discount on entire stay
- no, it's written that it's a package and Agoda it's a non refundable rate. ME: no, you are a liar, there is no written that is a package
- yes but Hilton give you a free night and Agoda a discount. ME: it's what it's written on your site, not on agoda. No one give a free night.
- sorry, I will never match. ME: I hope to not speak with you again.

Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE STAY 3 GET THE 4TH NIGHT FREE. FULL PREPAY. NO CANCELLATION. DAILY DISCOUNT INCLUDES FREE NGHT.

So... What I can do? They are right? I have to call again and again until I don't find some one honest?
Of course with this treatment, I will never stay in an Hilton's hotel without the -25% discount
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
This is completely a joke, Hilton will not pricematch to a rate that is MORE favorable:

Hilton rate: 23100 JPY -- Prepaid, non-refundable, including breakfast
Japanican rate: 15920 JPY -- Prepaid, refundable, including breakfast

Hilton refusing to pricematch because the lower rate is refundable.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by sammybk
This is completely a joke, Hilton will not pricematch to a rate that is MORE favorable:

Can I ask which hotel? I will be in Japan soon
Anyway I think the problem is that if you book the refundable one, they would say that they don't match because it's a prepaid.
Honestly I hope no one will stay in Hilton's, for sure I will not without the 25% off.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:09 pm

I was just denied because the site was "ineligible"

Hotel: Tropicana Las Vegas Doubletree
Dates: March 16-18th
Hilton Rate: $132/Night
Prestigia.com Rate: $87.60/Night

All I got for my troubles was a message in the e-mail saying that prestigia.com is ineligible. No explanation on why it was ineligible. From what I could tell the terms of the rate were the same. I will be canceling my Hilton reservation if they don't match the rate.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by sammybk

That is not right. If you escalate it should be approved. I have had claims approved in the past for pre-paid rates on hilton.com matched with more favorable flexible rates on a third party website.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by asia15
Can I ask which hotel? I will be in Japan soon
Anyway I think the problem is that if you book the refundable one, they would say that they don't match because it's a prepaid.
Honestly I hope no one will stay in Hilton's, for sure I will not without the 25% off.
This was for the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba. Japanican has some great rates.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:47 pm

Agoda

Can anyone tell me if you can compare prices via app prices on agoda app you used to be but not sure if its changed.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:48 am

I gave up trying Hilton's so called BRG. Instead i went directly to the hotel and they price matched albeit without the extra 25% on top.

Hilton seriously needs to stop advertising such rubbish if its not worth the paper its written on.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Odd result for me today... booked the hotel, put in the claim and about an hour later my reservation matched the exact pre-tax total of the competing site but no email and no 25% adjustment

Is it possible that it is in process and it is two steps, first match the price and then apply the discount and somehow I am stuck in the middle of the process?

Took awhile but they finally emailed me and asked for more info... in the meantime the cancel on the competing site went from 2 days (same as Hilton) to 3 days, but the matched it anyhow since they already had matched the lower rate without applying the 25% discount... and I think the reason they had problems was the site had LOWER prices than the one I referenced but it had a 3 MONTH cancel policy....

So got a $112 room matched to $53.75 for 7 nights!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:19 pm

Update to my issue above-

They sent an e-mail denying the price match saying that prestigia.com was "inelligible" for the price match program.

I respond asking what made them an inelligible site.

They responded saying that their terms did not match Hilton's.

I had enough with the games so was ready to cancel my reservation. I responded "OK, thank you. I will cancel my reservation." Literally my response was just those 8 words.

Today I got an e-mail saying that there was a mistake and prestigia IS ellibible and they are matching the rate plus the 25% discount.

Bravo for Hilton for following through on their promise of matching the rate. Kind of silly to have to play a game to get the match though.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by wallyboag
I had enough with the games so was ready to cancel my reservation. I responded "OK, thank you. I will cancel my reservation." Literally my response was just those 8 words.
Today I got an e-mail saying that there was a mistake and prestigia IS ellibible and they are matching the rate plus the 25% discount.
Ahahahah
Honestly I'm pretty sure that when you claim with your HHonors on your reservation or in the claim, they will reject more easy because they know you need that reservation to have points and benefits.
I spoke several times with agents in US and in Europe. They rejected my claim every times, always with stupid reasons.
Yesterday the agent said to me "ok, let's see why the rate is lower... because it's not possible so there is something wrong". like "its not possible so you are wrong".
Anyway, yesterday evening I called again (around 10-15th call). This time when the agent started with their pathetic comedy I said "ok look, if you cannot give me the 25% off, I will book on the 3rd part... it's cheaper and I don't have to pay currency exchange, so it's like 50-60 euro of difference". I waited 20 minutes at phone and.... boom, 25% off approved.
I think always more they are really dis-honest people
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Did they really appreciate your loyalty ?

Last edited by ExpatSomchai; Feb 10, 2019 at 1:32 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by wallyboag
Update to my issue above-

They sent an e-mail denying the price match saying that prestigia.com was "inelligible" for the price match program.

I respond asking what made them an inelligible site.

They responded saying that their terms did not match Hilton's.

Bravo for Hilton for following through on their promise of matching the rate. Kind of silly to have to play a game to get the match though.
Since you wrote this, I sent a claim for a lower price on Prestigia. It was 130$ for 2 night against 400$.
First they said that Prestigia is not elegibile since there is no immediate confirmation.
At this point I wrote that its written on website that all reservations are with immediate confirmation. I also written that I will change hotel if they still deny the claim
So they reply that on Prestigia I have to pay now also if it's a refundable rate and on Hilton's I pay at check out, so it's not the same.
I cancelled of course, they will never have my money. Last year with Hilton, then go back to Marriott, at least they are honest and serious, not this offensive joke

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.