Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Question for an old thread

Does this hotel have an executive floor? Is there any room in the hotel that is not noisy? Do I really need earplugs to sleep? Thank you.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:32 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
There is no executive floor. The top floor is 32. As a diamond I am typically upgraded to 25-31 and do not find those floors to be noisier than any other big city hotel. There is a small bar under the window that opens slightly for fresh air so if you are trying to minimize noise make sure you have that closed.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I was there last night. Upgraded to a high floor, this was sunrise this morning:

It's a hotel in the middle of a big city. There are sirens and car honks. They die down later in the evening, but it's not like you are in a Hampton Inn out in the middle of nowhere. I don't have to use earplugs, but city noise has never really bothered me.

Neil
Old Feb 2, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mphall
Does this hotel have an executive floor? Is there any room in the hotel that is not noisy? Do I really need earplugs to sleep? Thank you.
They used to provide ear plugs but can't remember if Hilton still does now or not since I never used them. Noise is no worse than any other Union Square hotel but if you are a really light sleeper I'd request a room on an upper floor not facing market street. If you get a lower level room facing market it's going to be a lot noisier.

I've always gotten nice upgrades here before as long as rooms are available. IME if they say there are no upgraded rooms available, that has always really been the case.

They almost always allow me to take the full breakfast. The few times they haven't the continental has always been better than a lounge breakfast. There's usually not a wait for the restaurant either since it's only diamonds or paying guest eating there, gold's it's a grab and go type breakfast.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Just booked this hotel for tomorrow. Originally booked a Skyline King yesterday, but noticed today that prices had dropped today, so called up and managed to get the Presidential Suite for a decent price. Let's hope it's nice!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Restaurants nearby Parc 55

I was hoping to get some good dim sum while in San Francisco. Any suggestions? Also some dinner choices? Thanks very much.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I don't know of any directly near the Parc 55. Try https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...sco%2C+CA&ns=1

Neil
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
The Korean restaurant right in the Parc 55 is supposed to be pretty good, and there is always right in Chinatown for Dim Sum...several years ago we asked for an "authentic" dim sum place, all I can remember was that it was up on the second floor of some building in Chinatown, and one of the items was chicken feet. The whole claw.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mphall
I was hoping to get some good dim sum while in San Francisco. Any suggestions?
Yank Sing. There are two branches in the financial district. Best dim sum in SF, possibly in the country.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
The Korean restaurant right in the Parc 55 is supposed to be pretty good
It's a thai place called Kin Khao. It's delicious. It's INCREDIBLY spicy. Burn your face off spicy. But delicious.

Did I mention it's spicy?

Neil
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yank Sing. There are two branches in the financial district. Best dim sum in SF, possibly in the country.
Meh. Grossly overpriced IMO.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Grossly overpriced IMO.
It's the best. If you're not willing to pay for quality, that's your loss.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:34 am

I have to say that Parc 55 SF is really nice to Diamond member. I got a really point rate at 32k per night on the weekends so I decided to drive up to SF. At check-in, I got upgraded to a high floor (28) skyline view room. Not a suite but higher floor is great for the view and away from the noise. There are 3 of us, and I was only expecting the normal 2 free continental breakfast per room per day, but without asking we got 3 vouchers per day AND with the Upgraded Breakfast stamps for the full buffet. The buffet was actually really good comparing to a normal Hilton breakfast. We stayed at the Hilton Union Square last time and Hilton Union Square has better view at the Exec Lounge but Parc 55 breakfast was better and the view to the Market Street wasn't bad.

Half way thru the stay I get a SMS from the hotel asking about my stay and if I need anything. I thought it's a smart way to get in touch with the guests, as I never listen to the message on the phone in the room.

Last edited by Need; Apr 26, 2017 at 1:09 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Thanks for all the points of view and comparisons re SF Hilton vs Parc 55. Im looking at a stay mid week in August, prices are about the same, so if there is any more information from recent stays, keep it coming, I have until 3 days before to cancel one of the reservations I have.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I had a stay at this hotel in April. Lots of tourist, and the hotel is quite busy. I was charged for the ~$11 of the full breakfast, even though I have diamond status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.