Go Back   > > >

Old Jan 29, 15, 7:50 am   #1
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Hilton Honors Promotions Updates

Hey HHonors members!

Since our current promotion, Double Points, is coming to a close, I wanted to pass along a few updates. This year, thanks to your feedback, we’re making some updates to our promotions.

Here’s how: we’ll now have two global bonus promotions (what are typically referred to as our quarterly promotions) throughout the year instead of four. But, the remainder of the time, engaged members like you will receive some very cool targeted offers based on your level of activity within the HHonors program. This tailored approach will allow us to reward our members with the most relevant offers based on their travel behaviors and needs, which will ultimately help you get to your next free night faster. In addition, all of our hotels will be participating in these targeted offers, which we know is a top priority for you!

One more new update – we’re working on a new feature that will allow you to login to your HHonors account and view all the targeted offers and promotions that we’re running just for you. It’ll help identify ways to take advantage of your HHonors membership by earning and maximizing your Points so you can get out and play! You should see this new feature in your HHonors account later this year, and I will be sure to keep you posted on specific timing around its launch.

The next official global bonus promotion will start March 1, 2015, and I will have more details to share at the end of February. Once the next global bonus promotion begins on March 1 and the targeted offers are rolled out, there will always be a bonus offer that you can take advantage of throughout the year. Stay tuned for more details to come!

Thanks,
Erin
HonorsRepresentative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 7:57 am   #2

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Targeted promos have never gone well for me... i.e. I've never once received one). Hope these ongoing targeted promos are more widely available than those we've seen in the part.

Is there any timeline available on the targeted promo roll-out?
IsleOfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:00 am   #3

I want to be excited for this on paper. But there have been too many problems with the Hilton website for me to think that this will work as intended.

It would be really nice if all properties participated, though.
arlflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:09 am   #4

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, TK, HHonors Diamond
Will HHonors first fix the problem that some members (e.g. me) never receive any mail or e-mails from Hilton? I have never received anything targeted.
Andriyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:11 am   #5

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative View Post
In addition, all of our hotels will be participating in these targeted offers, which we know is a top priority for you!
Top priority would be to be a target at all! Who cares about certain improvements in case you're not invited ...
Boeing_747SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:18 am   #6

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Targeted Promos?

I've yet to receive anything from HH even though I've set my HH account to send me any and all things from HH.

No, they're not in my spam and trash folders.
RCTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:34 am   #7

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, UA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan View Post
Targeted promos have never gone well for me... i.e. I've never once received one). Hope these ongoing targeted promos are more widely available than those we've seen in the part.
Targeted promo never targets the best customers. It targets future best customers or people how used to be your best customers. It is just how targeted promo works.. it is not a reward promo.

It is kind of like cable company and wireless carriers don't offer the best deal to existing subscribers. You are already paying so why give you a discount unless you are switching or you are a new customer.
Need is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:43 am   #8

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I hope this includes rewarding loyal customers who stay often, and not just potential future customers with exciting offers?
Skimanant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:45 am   #9

Programs: BA GOLD, HH Diamond
A 10 year diamond that has never got a mail from HH in my life.....not much a target I take it.
stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 8:59 am   #10
cjd

Oh no. Back to the old days of hearing about the targeted offers that some FT members get and others didn't. Then going begging to Hhonors to be included! We used to hear of all the sorry tales on this board when members were refused and others got lucky. Still never heard from Hhonors as to why I don't get e-mails when I have my e-mail preferences set to receive them.
cjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:04 am   #11

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
A huge thumbs down to targeted offers. HHonors redemptions are so watered down and devalued already that the consistent promotions were the only thing keeping me around. Seems like another devaluation of the program to me.
LucWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:04 am   #12

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
Oh no. Back to the old days of hearing about the targeted offers that some FT members get and others didn't. Then going begging to Hhonors to be included! We used to hear of all the sorry tales on this board when members were refused and others got lucky
The worst (IMHO) was the quite lucrative 10-brands in 90-days promo... strangely enough, that was the only 90-day period where I would have had a shot at hitting them all (with Home2 being the hardest and both Conrad and WA already booked), but of course I wasn't targeted anyway.
IsleOfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:16 am   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need View Post
Targeted promo never targets the best customers. It targets future best customers or people how used to be your best customers. It is just how targeted promo works.. it is not a reward promo.

It is kind of like cable company and wireless carriers don't offer the best deal to existing subscribers. You are already paying so why give you a discount unless you are switching or you are a new customer.
Somebody needed to say that. Thank you.
3Cforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:17 am   #14

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Since the "targeted offer" updates to the website will happen later this year and since the next global promotion starts March 1st, I'll surmise that there will be no promotion of any kind during the month of February.
RDB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:17 am   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimanant View Post
I hope this includes rewarding loyal customers who stay often, and not just potential future customers with exciting offers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
A 10 year diamond that has never got a mail from HH in my life.....not much a target I take it.
More likely targets will include high-value customers of other chains, and airline elites.
arlflyer is offline   Reply With Quote