Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport {POL}

Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport {POL}

Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport {POL}

Wanted to let you know that the new HGI at KRK is open and in business!

It's located at John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice, kapitana Mieczysława Medweckiego 1, 32-083 Balice, Poland. Phone +48 12 295 58 00

It is conveniently located opposite Terminal 1, reached by walking across the street.

This new hotel offers meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar, and complimentary WiFi, having opened at the end of October 2014.

Still has the new-hotel-fresh smell, and a very nice, helpful staff.

It's very much worth the ~$100 USD price per night, when you have a late arrival or early departure. However, if your intention is to visit the Old Town of Krakow, you're much better served staying at other the HGI, the one in Krakow, on the river in town.

Getting from the airport HGI to the old city center is most economicallydone via the 292 bus. It costs 4 zl each way for an adult, and takes about 35-45 min, depending on traffic. A taxi or car service costs about 75-100 zl and takes 15-30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Do you have a guest relations or front office manager email?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Or you can get in from the train station, just behind the hotel, 8PLz, takes less than 20 minutes.

We had an inspirational stay here. Arrived later after a flight, greeted by duty manager who got us a drink from the bar. Room upgraded to 1 bedroom suite, nice room, 2 bathrooms, on top floor.
Ate in the restaurant, which was very good value for money. The food was very very good, and arrived quickly. In the morning, breakfast had a good variety and some local dishes.

As a stopover hotel, it is excellent, and very convenient. There are some good rates here. We found the staff really friendly and helpful- including the receptionist pointing out my choice of beer from the pavilion pantry was alcohol free and did I want to change it!

Great 1 nighter, would definitely use again.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not surprised you had such a good stay. 4* HGI are rare and the marble fireplace in the bar would not look out of place in a more premium property. The GM is really excellent here and really values Honors guests (even those on redemptions ).
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:06 am

The sheets/ bedding /towels were really fresh and clean, they smelt really nice when you picked them up (the towels etc).
Also, you can get the train from here to the Salt Mine- it's the end of the line- about 13/14 zl each way.
It was one of the best and most genuine welcomes I have received for a while, really nice.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

email address?

I cannot find the email address of this property. Even HHonors dont see it.

For those who have stayed there and still have your folios - is there an email address on the folio?

We have a very late arrival pass 10pm and would like to email the hotel for a heads up so our room would be waiting for us.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
I cannot find the email address of this property. Even HHonors dont see it.

For those who have stayed there and still have your folios - is there an email address on the folio?

We have a very late arrival pass 10pm and would like to email the hotel for a heads up so our room would be waiting for us.
Just put a comment in the booking. Its an airport hotel so this is entirely unexceptional, most hotels won't process no shows until about 3AM.

Otherwise: [email protected]
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Just put a comment in the booking. Its an airport hotel so this is entirely unexceptional, most hotels won't process no shows until about 3AM.

Otherwise: [email protected]
Thanks for the email address.

When I booked the ressie I hadn't had the flight booked yet. Then it turned out the ONLY direct flight is the last flight (in a prop no less!) that arrives after 10pm. I found out I could not add comment on the existing reservation short of cancel/rebook. So I figure I would just email the hotel instead.
I am more worried about they give away our room, that is entirely possible if there is a weather related delay in the region due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. It is used by airlines to put up disrupted passengers as well as those whose trips are interrupted by the weather chose to stay at this hotel, from what I read in TripAdvisor reviews

Last edited by Happy; Apr 18, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for the email address.

When I booked the ressie I hadn't had the flight booked yet. Then it turned out the ONLY direct flight is the last flight (in a prop no less!) that arrives after 10pm. I found out I could not add comment on the existing reservation short of cancel/rebook. So I figure I would just email the hotel instead.
I am more worried about they give away our room, that is entirely possible if there is a weather related delay in the region due to the hotel's proximity to the airport. It is used by airlines to put up disrupted passengers as well as those whose trips are interrupted by the weather chose to stay at this hotel, from what I read in TripAdvisor reviews
My pleasure.

I am sure Honors can add comments to bookings though. They do that a lot.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:08 pm

Stayed at the HGI on the river - less than $20 USD from train station to hotel via cab. Beware, many cabs try to run a scam on tourists - $50 USD+ - most work together so if you go from cab to cab that is what they will quote you - until you find an honest cabbie. HGI on the river was fabulous. Would stay there again.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edvasquez
Stayed at the HGI on the river - less than $20 USD from train station to hotel via cab. Beware, many cabs try to run a scam on tourists - $50 USD+ - most work together so if you go from cab to cab that is what they will quote you - until you find an honest cabbie. HGI on the river was fabulous. Would stay there again.
Do you really mean USD? If so, you were completely ripped off with that too.

Krakow Glowny to the downtown HGI is roughly 5km, it should cost 20-30 PLN not USD! 20 USD is 80 PLN. My usual Krakow hotel has a contract with a local taxi firm to drive to the airport, a distance of 20+km for 90 PLN.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My pleasure.

I am sure Honors can add comments to bookings though. They do that a lot.
But there is a glitch - I have seen reservations been touched by HHonors, merely added comments - it lost whatever promo it originally attached to. Learned that from last time's 5K paid with Visa when booked thru App. The ressie was booked thru App but I asked HHonors to add a comment on late arrival. Then it lost the 5K bonus because it was "changed" to as if booked online instead of thru App!

Had to go thru hoops to get the 5K manually posted.

Krakow Glowny to the downtown HGI is roughly 5km, it should cost 20-30 PLN not USD! 20 USD is 80 PLN. My usual Krakow hotel has a contract with a local taxi firm to drive to the airport, a distance of 20+km for 90 PLN.
Yeah, I have read the cab should only cost 5 to 6 USD from Glowny to downtown HGI. 20 USD is definitely a BIG rip off.

The EIP train (the fastest one) from Krakow to Warsaw in less than 2.5 hrs is only 49 PLN in second class and less than double in first class when purchased at the advance sale window opening up - that lasted may be 2 days. Then the prices went to 109 and 162 respectively. Still quite cheap.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 5, 2024 at 2:31 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:24 pm

Misspoke. Checked my travel diary. It was 20 PLN not USD.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:46 pm
Original Member

I stayed here on 7/14/17. The hotel personnel, the food choices, prices and amenities offered were fantastic. These people really care about your comfort and satisfaction.
I have 2 negatives that might be more attributable to my age or comfort preference then anything else so for some might not be considered a negative. #1 was the mattress was very firm, and I mean very firm. I am a big person and the mattress did not budge, sink or do anything else which might indicate that someone is actually occupying the bed.
#2-the wakeup call-make sure your TV remote is on your nightstand. I had a 5:15 am wakeup. At the correct time my TV started flashing and some electronic sounds started coming from the TV. I was expecting the usual bedside telephone wakeup call so I was totally caught off guard for this. Worse, I left the TV remote on the desk across the room and I wear glasses. So I ran over to the desk, grabbed the remote and started pressing buttons. I couldn't see what I was doing because my glasses were still on the night stand. Eventually, I must have hit the right combination, or so I thought. The flashing and music stopped.
2 minutes later the phone rang with the type of wakeup call I was expecting. All was good, or so I thought.
As I was just getting into the shower my TV started going off again. This time I had my glasses on. Now, when I could actually see the screen I noticed there was a snooze and cancel button. I hit snooze before, but this time I hit cancel. The music and flashing stopped.
Like I said, these comments are based more on my age than anything else and I don't want to cast any type of negative on this hotel. We laughed about the wakeup call at checkout as I described what we went through and other personnel by the desk were laughing about it as well.
I would not hesitate staying here again now that I know what to expect.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For what will turn out to be one of many, this hotel is currently closed due to Covid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.