Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] Conrad London St. James {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Any tips on getting the best from our stay?

I think you can request different toiletries. Is that in advance or from room service?
​​
Any other tips on what one can request? If anything.
I would recommend making time for afternoon tea in the lounge which IMO is good, especially considering it is free for Diamonds. I wouldn't go out of my way for the evening lounge offering though (worth popping in for a drink if you are at the hotel anyway).

I enjoyed breakfast in the restauraunt but it's nothing special.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:23 pm

King Bed or 2 bed

We are going with a child. We want to have 1 room only. We know that we can sleep comfortably with 3 people in a King Bed. If we take 2 bed, can it fit 2 people in 1 bed. Do they charge extra for child?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:42 pm

How generous is the St J Conrad with executive lounge access for Golds. I was there when I was Diamond last year and it was lovely. Do you suppose there's much of a chance of getting it again on a weekend visit at the end of May?
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by ejay
How generous is the St J Conrad with executive lounge access for Golds. I was there when I was Diamond last year and it was lovely. Do you suppose there's much of a chance of getting it again on a weekend visit at the end of May?
While this was a few years ago, I booked a Grand Deluxe room (one level below Executive) and that's exactly what I received as a Gold. Personally, I wouldn't count on lounge access. YMMV.

As an aside, I'm not sure what the differences are between the Grand Deluxe, Deluxe, and Superior categories. My room looked exactly like the Superior room floor plan on their website...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:58 am

We plan to use our Barclaycard free night certificate in this hotel. We have 2 children (an infant and a 4 yo). I also have Gold status.

Will they let us book the standard room using the certificate and sleep 4? Maybe using the Twin room?

Alternatively, can we upgrade the standard room that comes free with the certificate using cash or points?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:49 am

The lounge food and breakfast in the main restaurant at the Conrad is much better than the Hilton Bankside.

The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the soft water!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I've yet to visit Bankside (and I'm tempted to do so). That said, I am a big fan of the Conrad. Rooms and the lounge offerings (tea, evening, breakfast) are still solid. Location, ideal.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:34 am

Much of the difference in room type is just location. This hotel has a lot of less desirable rooms as would be expected with an old city hotel.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Much of the difference in room type is just location. This hotel has a lot of less desirable rooms as would be expected with an old city hotel.
The Conrad suite was nice
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Benco
We plan to use our Barclaycard free night certificate in this hotel. We have 2 children (an infant and a 4 yo). I also have Gold status.

Will they let us book the standard room using the certificate and sleep 4? Maybe using the Twin room?

Alternatively, can we upgrade the standard room that comes free with the certificate using cash or points?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
You can upgrade with cash. We usually upgrade to a suite and the rate varies but Ł100-Ł200 ish depending on date and type of suite based on my experience. I don't think they allow 4 in a room- the rooms are very small, in most you couldn't fit a roll away bed and the twin rooms are 2 singles. There are a few more basic rooms that are larger.

Children get a lovely dog toy on arrival.

Email the hotel. They usually reply really promptly.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SWA A-List Preferred, DL Gold, AA Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Barnaby100

Email the hotel. They usually reply really promptly.
Does anyone have a current email address for this property? Would like to reach out in advance of our stay in a couple of weeks.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsokolik
Does anyone have a current email address for this property? Would like to reach out in advance of our stay in a couple of weeks.
They have an "Email us" link on their home page....
Old May 22, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Has anyone stayed at both here and the Waldorf? If so, what would you recommend for someone looking for the more luxurious stay?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Has anyone stayed at both here and the Waldorf? If so, what would you recommend for someone looking for the more luxurious stay?
The Conrad. The Waldorf is very nice, but it is actually a Hilton, not to be confused with the Waldorf Astoria brand in the Hilton properties portfolio.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by earlyriser
Here is how I contrast the two:

Conrad- late 20th century

Waldorf- late 19th century (in a charming way)

For me both are fine, with a nod to the Waldorf on location, Conrad on facilities (unless you are a real gym rat, then maybe the Waldorf which has a full service gym in the lower level although I don't think it represents "luxurious")

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.