2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton Honors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

Subscribe
Received today by postcard: http://www.HHonors.com/WinterOffer

Earn 2,500 HHonors Bonus Points for each stay* when you use your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa® card to pay for stays at any hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio from November 25, 2013 to February 28, 2014.

*This offer is valid for stays completed between November 25, 2013 and February 28, 2014 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort in the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio. Hilton HHonors members must first register at www.HHonors.com/WinterOffer prior to check-out of your stay within the Promotion Period and pay with your Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa® card. Registered members will earn 2,500 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period. A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward tier qualification. Bonus Points will be awarded based on the HHonors number that is used to register for the offer. Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for points to appear in your HHonors account. Offer is not transferable, is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles™ and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions.
Might be a good supplement for the properties not participating in the Amex offer.

Edit: This is almost always going to be better than the Amex offer.
Very nice offer. I have a stay Monday and I doubt I would have seen this in time. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for the post. My wife is in an ES tonight for a soccer tournament and I have a few stays real soon too. Just signed up.
Quote: Thanks for the post. My wife is in an ES tonight for a soccer tournament and I have a few stays real soon too. Just signed up.
Starts Monday
good. the AMEX offers were very limited so I was gonna have to use my Citi, regardless
wow, this makes the Amex offer look really lame. Time to for Amex to respond
So if you had a 2 night trip and the option to hop.. getting 2.5k points twice is better than 2x points for 2 nights.. right?
Quote: So if you had a 2 night trip and the option to hop.. getting 2.5k points twice is better than 2x points for 2 nights.. right?
Plus you can an extra stay -- but at .005 cents per point...

worth a few clinks, but not much more than that.

Bob H
Quote: So if you had a 2 night trip and the option to hop.. getting 2.5k points twice is better than 2x points for 2 nights.. right?
Based on my math, it looks like almost a wash for a 2 night stay. Slightly better to hop for a cheaper room (say $150 or less) and slightly better to stay for a more expensive room. Looks like you are always better off staying for a 3 or 4 night stay.
Quote: wow, this makes the Amex offer look really lame. Time to for Amex to respond
What Amex offer is being referred to in this thread?
Great find, OP - THANKS!

We currently use the Citi Visa for personal use, I have a Surpass for biz Hilton stays, would also like to know what AMEX promo cfischer is referring to.

I read the T&C's carefully, did not notice any comments regarding award stays; we have a personal stay in early Feb, will use the Citi Visa during check-in for incidentals (parking), wonder if that too will earn the 2.5k bonus.
Quote: Based on my math, it looks like almost a wash for a 2 night stay. Slightly better to hop for a cheaper room (say $150 or less) and slightly better to stay for a more expensive room. Looks like you are always better off staying for a 3 or 4 night stay.
Thanks.. I think I will hop on the two night because we can get the second night for slightly cheaper if we go a bit out.
I wonder if this is just the normal Citi Visa HH card or whether it also applies to the Reserve Card. My guess is just the normal Citi Visa HH card, which is too bad because of the lower point earnings on the hotel bill (6 points/$ instead of 10 points/$). If I'm right, you have to do the math to figure out which is better, although it's going to be this promo except for really high folios.
Quote: I wonder if this is just the normal Citi Visa HH card or whether it also applies to the Reserve Card. My guess is just the normal Citi Visa HH card, which is too bad because of the lower point earnings on the hotel bill (6 points/$ instead of 10 points/$). If I'm right, you have to do the math to figure out which is better, although it's going to be this promo except for really high folios.
You never know how Hilton's computers will process the promotion. Any Citi Visa may trigger it or any Visa at all may work. The HHonors website is notoriously inaccurate, so it may be worth it to register and see what happens.