Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton Honors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton Honors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Combinable?

Does this combine with the 1,000 bonus points for booking via the iPhone app, and the More Nights, More Points promotion?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just applied for the Reserve. Hopefully it will arrive in the mail before my stay at Hilton Singapore later this month.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
Does this combine with the 1,000 bonus points for booking via the iPhone app, and the More Nights, More Points promotion?

You get all three!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by bebates
Had a stay Monday night using the Reserve Visa and the 2500 bonus points posted at the same time as the base and other bonus points. Much better than the 1000 point app bonus which haven't posted for my stays that were about 10 weeks ago.
Same experience here with the non-Reserve Citi card. I was actually impressed considering how long HH and other companies sometimes take to award bonus points for promotions.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by bebates
Had a stay Monday night using the Reserve Visa and the 2500 bonus points posted at the same time as the base and other bonus points. Much better than the 1000 point app bonus which haven't posted for my stays that were about 10 weeks ago.

Interesting. My 1,000 point app bonus posted right away along with my stay. Could it be that you used the Hilton Hotels app instead? I believe the app bonus is for the HHonors app only, which is different from the Hilton Hotels app.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:35 pm

Gosh...I never even recognized there was a difference between the Hilton app and HHonors app. Why wouldn't they just be one in the same??

When I saw the promo I just figured they were touting their new Hilton app which has been significantly improved. Thanks for the help. Now I need to rebook a few reservations!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by guyinmotion
Interesting. My 1,000 point app bonus posted right away along with my stay. Could it be that you used the Hilton Hotels app instead? I believe the app bonus is for the HHonors app only, which is different from the Hilton Hotels app.
I hadn't thought of that but I just checked my phone and the only app I have is the HHonors one. My 1,000 point app bonus also posted right away on two stays but didn't post at all for more than a dozen others and I was only using the app to book reservations. HHonors kept giving the canned response of waiting 6-8 weeks. When I informed them that several stays were over 10 weeks they just asked for patience while they investigated.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH, NWA
From November-March I'll be using four FREE NIGHT cert's at Marriott that were given after a total of 8 stays in a couple promo's. And Hilton wants to give me a measely 2500 points per stay to use their VISA

We were loyal Diamond members at Hilton for years, but the sad little promo's and targeting have slowly but surely driven us to other programs. We still stay at Hilton properties when the price and/or location is right, but it's less and less as time goes on.

Last edited by bou hunter; Dec 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:26 pm

Hilton Promos

Originally Posted by bou hunter
From November-March I'll be using four FREE NIGHT cert's at Marriott that were given after a total of 8 stays in a couple promo's. And Hilton wants to give me a measely 2500 points per stay to use their VISA

We were loyal Diamond members at Hilton for years, but the sad little promo's and targeting have slowly but surely driven us to other programs. We still stay at Hilton properties when the price and/or location is right, but it's less and less as time goes on.
Hilton has different promos too.

If you stay at Marriott or Hilton in big city for 4 nites (say USD 300 per night):

Base points may be same between two programs. But recent promo of Marriott may give you half night whereas hilton 4x promo will give you 36k extra points. (try finding a marriott property in or near Manhattan that takes that Megabonus promo, 36k may not buy much but at least gives better flexiibility)

Customer service may be a totally different reason to prefer Marriott over Hilton.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
2,500 Bonus Points for each stay when using Citi Hilton HHonors - Nov 25 to Feb 18

The execution of this promo has been great. Really like the immediate posting of the bonus.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:58 pm

2500 bonus points on award stay

Earlier on this thread, there was a discussion about whether award stay will qualify for 2500 bonus if something is charged to the room and settled at checkout using Visa.

Any data points on this after award stays?

My experience:

- point + cash stay gave me points for cash portion (is this a mistake? in my previous P+C stay, i did not get points for cash portion) but also got 2500 bonus points (dont know what triggered that bonus, cash portion of P+C or charging parking fee to the room)

- full poins award stay (at same hotel) did not generate 2500 bonus in spite of parking charged to room and paid by Citi hilton visa - actually didnt even get points for the parking fee portion)

which of the above were mistakes?

q1. are you suppose to get base regular points for parking charges on full award stay?
q2. are ypu suppose to get base points for cash portion on P+C stay?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by desi
Earlier on this thread, there was a discussion about whether award stay will qualify for 2500 bonus if something is charged to the room and settled at checkout using Visa.

Any data points on this after award stays?

My experience:

- point + cash stay gave me points for cash portion (is this a mistake? in my previous P+C stay, i did not get points for cash portion) but also got 2500 bonus points (dont know what triggered that bonus, cash portion of P+C or charging parking fee to the room)

- full poins award stay (at same hotel) did not generate 2500 bonus in spite of parking charged to room and paid by Citi hilton visa - actually didnt even get points for the parking fee portion)

which of the above were mistakes?

q1. are you suppose to get base regular points for parking charges on full award stay?
q2. are ypu suppose to get base points for cash portion on P+C stay?
I've stayed a few places where the parking was managed by a 3rd party valet and the charges for it were on my bill but I just checked 2 folios from this year and I got credit for the valet charges too. It may vary property to property but if it's paid on your bill I would think you should get full credit based on the HHonors TandC.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by HansGruber
I've stayed a few places where the parking was managed by a 3rd party valet and the charges for it were on my bill but I just checked 2 folios from this year and I got credit for the valet charges too. It may vary property to property but if it's paid on your bill I would think you should get full credit based on the HHonors TandC.
Thanks.

BTW, found the following in HHonors T&C:

>>>>>>>>>>>

12.Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays, except that if Member is using Room Upgrade Rewards, any money spent on the original reservation will earn points and/or miles consistent with these Terms. Members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel.

>>>>>>>>>>

Which means that

a) when I was not given points for cash part of P+C, it was as per policy. The fact that it was given to me last week was a mistake gift.

b) incidentals on award stay should earn points especially when they are considered folio charges (the fact that they were not given seems like a mistake)

c) not sure if P+C reservation settled through Citi Hilton Visa qualifies for 2500 bonus (2 different stays at the same property - one has given 2500 bomnus and the other has not - typical Hilton consistency!!)

d0 not sure if reward stay with only points but with incidental settled through Citi Hilton Visa qualifies for 2500 bonus. I have not received it but was looking for datapoints from others.

Last edited by desi; Jan 2, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.