Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by steve4031
I was thinking about it but I don't want an unrenovated room with crappy facilities.
200 euro vs 80,000 points- a crystal clear illustration of the HH devaluation .
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
I was thinking about using points for one night and paying for two nights. But I am traveling with my gf and there appeared to be no availability for king beds. We like the drake in Chicago and I thought she would like the public areas of this hotel. The photos on trip advisor show issues with some of the rooms. Plus a couple more mentioned theft from the room.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
The price on the old Concorde site is from 175 euro whereas Hilton is already selling for 225 euro for july.
gets bad reviews on TA
lets hope they can up the service and furnishings as this will be a great advantage when staying in Paris.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:59 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by OZJET
The price on the old Concorde site is from 175 euro whereas Hilton is already selling for 225 euro for july.
A very interesting comparison, and indicative of how the bigger flags (with their massive loyalty programs) can often bring in higher room rates for the same hard product.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OZJET
gets bad reviews on TA
Pure gouging of American Hilton HHONORS elite members who want to stay at Hilton properties. Hilton is selling the same old room at 50 eruros markup.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 6:31 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Concorde Opera Paris

Hilton takes over this property in central Paris from Concorde on March 1 and I stayed there last week but need to return soon. It is my regular hotel in Paris and as much as I am a Diamond with H Honors, I dislike the rate increases which are not justified.

Just as I suspected the rates have increased by some 30-40%. And this is with no improvements. Last week I paid 160E, but for my next stay it will be about 225E, a big difference for nothing added.

Not impressed .
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
I walked by there earlier in the week. No indication of any Hilton branding from the outside.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Concorde Opéra Paris - affiliate hotel assume it counts for stays and points

Just about to make a booking for the Concorde Opéra Paris in April.
The website flags that it is currently an Affiliate hotel undergoing conversion to Hilton.

Does this impact anything in HH terms?

Can anyone more familiar with the HH programme, confirm it will count as a both a stay AND nights (as well as posting for points purposes).

Many thanks,
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I booked a stay from April 13 to 18. It shows up in my reservations like all other HH Hotels. I am assuming that it credits but did not call to check.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
My experience is that if a hotel is bookable with points as an award stay, then the converse is true: a paid stay earns points. So should be OK.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Thanks,

I asked the HH support team:
First answer: Copy and paste answer to a different question.
(re-asked question).
Second answer: It does NOT earn anything and isn't qualifing until a proper Hilton.
(Queried this - as I noticed they were selling 2x points rates!).
Third answer: It's fine for earning in HH!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by David-A
Thanks,

I asked the HH support team:
First answer: Copy and paste answer to a different question.
(re-asked question).
Second answer: It does NOT earn anything and isn't qualifing until a proper Hilton.
(Queried this - as I noticed they were selling 2x points rates!).
Third answer: It's fine for earning in HH!
That's pretty typical of the inconsistency that plagues HHonors CS reps!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One suitable fix is for CS reps to tell such callers to stop wasting Hilton's time and to put on big-boy pants and read the HHonors T&Cs.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
It is a bit confusing. The website for that hotel says, "This is an affiliate hotel. This Spring marks the debut of a full refurbishment scheme, to prepare to join the brand in full as Hilton Paris Opera in Autumn 2014."

There is nothing in the TandCs about affiliates so reading them might not be too helpful.

If you look at the accrual of points section it essentially states if you can find the hotel on the website...you get points for it.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Any trip reports on this property since it's been run by Hilton for a month now? Is there an Executive Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.