Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
For 20 years if you flew around 75k miles per year (doubled as a Plat) plus 50k Citi spend and 100 nights at Hiltons (around 400k points) you earned a first class vacation; I think those days are now over.

I guess it will be a vacation every other year.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by zachary
80,000. Year round. See http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/
Based on that tool, it would appear that some properties will NEVER have dates available at the lower point levels
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton, BA, AA, SPG
HiltonHHonors - Just Released Reward Changes

I'm sure many of you have just received the email regarding the changes to the Hilton Honors program.

I thought I would post this as many might find it meaningful going forward.

UPCOMING CHANGES - EFFECTIVE AS OF MARCH 28, 2013
SHARE PRINT
As of March 28, 2013, the following Standard Room Rewards chart will go into effect. To learn more about how many points are required for a free night at each participating hotel, view the reward pricing for Standard Room Rewards.

STANDARD ROOM REWARDS
HOTEL CATEGORY HHONORS POINTS REQUIRED FOR ONE FREE NIGHT

1 5,000 Points
2 10,000 Points
3 20,000 Points
4 20,000 to 30,000 Points
5 30,000 to 40,000 Points
6 30,000 to 50,000 Points
7 30,000 to 60,000 Points
8 40,000 to 70,000 Points
9 50,000 to 80,000 Points
10 70,000 to 95,000 Points

5th Night Free: Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free* on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 consecutive nights or more (up to 4 free nights on a stay of 20 consecutive nights).

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is there a point range for some categories?

Some hotels within a category may have seasonal reward pricing throughout the year, where the number of Points needed to redeem for Standard Room Rewards or Points & Money Rewards may vary if the stay is during an off-peak period. For example, during an off-peak period, a hotel would offer a lower point redemption rate. Seasonal pricing of Rewards can change on a month-to-month basis depending on the demand period for each hotel.

How do I know what category a hotel is in and how many Points will be required for one free night?

You can view the list of hotel categories to learn about the new category for each hotel, or view the reward pricing to see how many Points are required for one free night.

How will I be able to redeem points for the 5th Night Free benefit?

Taking advantage of the 5th Night Free benefit is simple for HHonors Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members.
Log in to your account at HHonors.com or contact Hilton Reservations & Customer Care
Create a Standard Room Reward reservation of five consecutive nights or more
Members will automatically receive a discount equivalent to the average Point price per night for every five Standard Room Reward nights booked (up to 4 free nights for 20 Standard Room Reward nights booked)

When do the new changes become effective? What happens if I want to book a reward stay before they are effective? Can I make modifications to existing reservations after they become effective?

The new changes will become effective as of 12:01AM CST on Mar 28, 2013. Until this time, you can redeem Points for rewards stays at the current prices. You can book online, call +1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677, toll-free in the United States) or contact your local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care center. After this date, you can continue to make modifications; however, all standard room redemptions will follow the new standard room chart. Therefore, if the number of points changes from what was originally booked, up or down, the new point values will apply.
* Free night calculated based on the average nightly value of the stay.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I wish that I could join you.

Here's the problem: Marriott requires too many nights for me to hit platinum, and they don't give breakfast at resorts. Hyatt and SPG lack the coverage that I need. I go to many places where those chains don't even have a property. I have never been able to get into the IHG program, where, in these smaller locations, I'd been in HIX's.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
I have the same problem with Marriott and Hyatts. I wish Hyatt had the coverage Hilton did.

I am hoping that with the Hilton reserve credit card, Marriott will change their credit card program to make it easier to get Platinum status. Even if they changed it to $60K in credit card spend is Platinum, I would have no problems jumping over to Marriott and keeping gold through a Hilton credit card for the times I need to stay at Hilton.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
+1 and let's not forget that they are also changing the earnings structure for the HH AMEX product in May eliminating the bonuses on drugstore and cable/phone/internet providers.
I missed this one. Do you have a link to this info? NM - found it here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...structure.html

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited by danorum; Feb 19, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:19 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Hilton La Defénse Paris Cat 9 ? Conrad Dublin Cat 6 ?? Hilton Barcelona Cat 6 ??? And yet Hilton London Docklands Cat 6 ???? I guess, that the Cat-administrators never stayed in the actual locations? Me not so much after the redemptions, but more or less after the Diamond perks. I share the sorrow about declining redemption value.

Last edited by TTL; Feb 19, 2013 at 2:27 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton, BA, AA, SPG
Here is the link to the new Hilton HHonors Standard Room Rewards Chart Update:

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/resources...egoryChart.pdf
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:24 pm

Ack. That's terrible!
I've got to assume that the current awards that are 'good' value right now at 50k (~37k with AXON) are going to be 70-90k.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Notenut
I wonder how many/which hotels will cost 5K and 10K points per night?
I did a serach on the pdf file:

There are 10 CAT 1 hotels and 135 CAT 2 hotels.

The first few CAT 1 hotels I looked are actually CATs 3 and 4 hotels right now. So I assume they will be downgraded on 28 MAR.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by moobearus
Here is the link to the new Hilton HHonors Standard Room Rewards Chart Update:

Here's a list of the new Category 10 hotels:
Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa
Conrad Tokyo
Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Conrad Koh Samui
Grand Wailea
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square-New York City
Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort & Spa
Hilton Odawara Resort & Spa
Hilton Maldives/Iru Fushi Resort & Spa
Hilton Labriz Resort & Spa
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:31 pm
Suspended

another devaluation?
Hilton is No 1 at devaluing.

It has gotten worst and I am gonna stop using my citi HH card now and my bonus is barely enough for one night

Last edited by sametoyou; Feb 19, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Curses! I guess I should have thought harder able blowing my points last summer.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Just as an example, I have an upcoming 10 night stay at the Conrad Maldives. Right now, it's 375K points. Under this new scheme, it would be 95,000 x 8 = 760,000 points with 2 nights free. Over 100% increase.

Outrageous.

I hasten to add: I am assuming that the fifth night free will replace the current VIP award structure.
Also, if it hasn't been pointed out, the 5th night free may only be used four times per year.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
I did a serach on the pdf file:

There are 10 CAT 1 hotels and 135 CAT 2 hotels.

The first few CAT 1 hotels I looked are actually CATs 3 and 4 hotels right now. So I assume they will be downgraded on 28 MAR.
3 of the Cat 1 Hotels are in Monterrey and Reynosa, Mexico, right in the middle of Mexico's narco war, mutilated bodies are found hanging from bridges, etc, hmm I wonder why?
But seriously, why even bother with cats. 1 and 2?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
All these damn loyalty programs keeping getting worse! I go out of my way to earn points in a certain one and then, BAM, they are suddenly worth half as much. So frustrating!!!!

I am really going to start staying at chains based on CUSTOMER SERVICE and ON SITE AMENITIES as the primary reason for picking the property. Not because of whatever points I might earn during a promotion. And doing the ridiculous hotel hopping, just to earn points & status. Switching hotels is hard work!!!!

I am going to PRICELINE the hell out of Hyatt stays (because I still get all the diamond benefits anyway) and not worry about trying to earn status, etc.

P.S. I am also deleting Paris Hilton from my twitter feed in PROTEST!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.