Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Hilton: Up to 50% Off Between December 14, 2012 to January 7, 2013

Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by FriendlyConfines
If HH considers this "Friends and Family" sale equivalent to Team Member of Family Travel rates then there will only be points credit, no stay credit. The offer on the web page is misleadingly worded, to say the least.
Actually, I googled and found this:

http://tm.hilton.com/en/tm/help/tmtp_faq.jhtml

Under Travel Restrictions, you will find this verbage:

HHonors points will not be accrued for any TMTP or HFTP travel.

I wish I could get out to LA for a late December trip. Both ES, the Hilton, and the DT all $60 per night and under. Amazing deal.

David
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I'm tempted to do this but I want the points =/
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:35 pm

There are several blog posts out there assuring that you don't need to name a friend or family member, such as http://milevalue.com/hilton-hotels-u...s-family-rate/ :
Will I be asked who I know at Hilton when I check in using this rate? After all, the landing page says Exclusive Friends & Family Sale.

No, despite the misleading name, this is not a corporate rate or something that only Hilton employees can take advantage of. The promotional name simply implies that rates are deeply discounted off the Best Available Rate. They want you to feel like you are getting a great deal when booking.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
Originally Posted by rove312
There are several blog posts out there assuring that you don't need to name a friend or family member, such as http://milevalue.com/hilton-hotels-u...s-family-rate/ :
But do you get points ?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by poser
But do you get points ?
Yes, it clearly states on the HHonors promotional page that "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors Points."
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Well, at least they apologized for the misunderstanding that followed . I have a stay on Friday night (first possible night under the promo, and I'm checking out around 4AM for what it is worth) so I will update after whatever happens happens. I don't need the night credit, and getting the points would be nice of course, but as long as they honor the rate without any hassle, I have no complaints.
Me too. It would be nice to have the points, but I saved about $400 between a Conrad property and a Hilton property, so I'm a happy camper. ^
Same here. Points are what I expect for the stays before the year end, but I do hope that stay credit can be granted for January 2013.

Too bad I booked one non-refundable rate for a stay last night. $60 more than this rate for a 2 day stay.

Thanks OP for posting.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by poser
But do you get points ?
Honestly, I'll take 50% off over any amount of points. And, assuming this goes well, points plus fixed miles is a very good bonus on this.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for posting this as well.

So from what I read, it seems like yes, we will get the points. However, we will not get stay/night credit towards the Hilton status? The first page should go from "Warning: This rate might be ineligible for stay and night credit" to "Warning: This rate IS ineligible for stay and night credit" since it seems like it's been confirmed. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:42 pm

Hi-

I just spoke to an agent at the Diamond desk and he was pretty clear that these rates don't earn any points, miles or credit. I'm now double booked at 2 rates for my 2 upcoming stays since, although I don't need the stay credit or points, I would like to max out the Virgin Atlantic promotion.

If anyone has clear information or proof that we will earn points/miles, please let us know.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
damn Its a 500 dollar savings for me, but I need the stay for stays...what to do...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
Hi-

I just spoke to an agent at the Diamond desk and he was pretty clear that these rates don't earn any points, miles or credit. I'm now double booked at 2 rates for my 2 upcoming stays since, although I don't need the stay credit or points, I would like to max out the Virgin Atlantic promotion.

If anyone has clear information or proof that we will earn points/miles, please let us know.

Thanks!
Should have that guy read the promotion page where it CLEARLY and ( unlike the stay/night credit) UNAMBIGUOUSLY says in the FIRST body paragraph: "All stays are eligible to earn Hilton HHonors™ Points."
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:56 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I have a stay this weekend under the auspices of this half-off program. I'll share the results regarding the posting of points or stays once my account is updated. That will be too late for some but, hopefully, helpful for many.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just print out the promo page (screen capture) and keep it if you are concerned about not earning points. This opening page is pretty clear that you WILL earn points on all these stays. If, however, you book another non-points earning rate somehow working through the Hilton website (not sure how this would even be possible except for employee rates etc.), then you won't of course.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brooklyngal
Hi-

Thanks!
Unfortunately it's just another example of how you can't trust Hilton CSR's to tell you the truth, at this point they're guessing/making assumptions just like we are.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
[QUOTE=kmwjes;19830705]This is my most recent email from Hhonors: "Thank you for your response and I apologize for my misunderstanding. You will not receive credit on the room rate. You will receive stay and night credit as well as credit for the incidental charges during your stay."
=====================
I give up Hilton! I requested the above response be further clarified and this is the response: "Thank you for your response. You will receive stay and night credit. You will not receive base points for the room rate. You will earn base and bonus points on all incidental charges only."

TheBOSman, look forward to how your upcoming night posts.

In the meantime, I was more interested in taking advantage of this for stays/nights for 2013, especially with the current double stay promo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.