(2012) how to get diamond in one night, one stay.

Subscribe
DT Times Square Dec 31 - Jan 1, $5,009 for one night with double base points. 50k base * 2 = 100,000 base points = Instant Diamond.

Quote: DT Times Square Dec 31 - Jan 1, $5,009 for one night with double base points. 50k base * 2 = 100,000 base points = Instant Diamond.

Bonus points do not count.
Quote: Bonus points do not count.
Yeah, but those are double base points.
Quote: Yeah, but those are double base points.
Bonus points regardless. It requires $10K.
Quote: Bonus points regardless. It requires $10K.
I think you are incorrect.

from hhonors T&C

Quote:
Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms.
Quote: I think you are incorrect.

from hhonors T&C
Hope that you'll report back after the $5K stay to let us know. Wouldn't mind to be incorrect, but this doesn't match my personal experience how HH calculates base points for Silver/Gold/Diamond requirement.
Quote: Hope that you'll report back after the $5K stay to let us know. Wouldn't mind to be incorrect, but this doesn't match my personal experience how HH calculates base points for Silver/Gold/Diamond requirement.
I'll get right on that.
Quote: DT Times Square Dec 31 - Jan 1, $5,009 for one night with double base points. 50k base * 2 = 100,000 base points = Instant Diamond.

Then use the 100K points to book two rooms for NYE next year.

It will be like getting diamond and a free room!!!! @:-)
Quote: I think you are incorrect.

from hhonors T&C
You only have part of the T&C. Bonus points do NOT count towards STATUS. They do count towards the overall points total.

So $5000 for 50K points, not enough for diamond status.
Quote: You only have part of the T&C. Bonus points do NOT count towards STATUS. They do count towards the overall points total.

Man people are raining on what was supposed to be a humorous thread

I don't think that is correct here is the part of the T&C you are referring to.
Quote:
Base Points earned will count toward Diamond Elite tier qualification. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.
it's like EQMS and RDMS. There is a difference between bonus and base points and the T&C makes it very clear that that bonus base points counts towards tier status, while bonus points seperate from base points do not.

The rate referenced specifically mentions double base points, not double points, or double bonus points.
Quote: You only have part of the T&C. Bonus points do NOT count towards STATUS. They do count towards the overall points total.

To hell with that! I just cancelled my reservation!!!

The OP clearly said base points, not bonus points.
Quote: To hell with that! I just cancelled my reservation!!!
Hope it was refundable...
Quote: Hope it was refundable...
Who cares? It was the points I wanted, not the $5009.
A stay finishing in January 2013 will give you status for 2013. You will be probably the first Diamond member with status until March 2015 !

btw, price seems low for NYE, 2 years back when I burned 40k points to go there it was well over 7.500!