Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
wrong thread
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
I once again stayed at Hilton Bangkok Sukhumvit for 2 nights. This time there were some new "features"

- toilet at my executive room has a japanese style cleaning system now (sorry, I can't describe it any better in english)

- In the Lobby there is an ATM now (same for DoubleTree)

- There is a third breakfast option: a japanisches breakfast on ground floor at Mondo (no buffett)

Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Happy Hour @ the EL?

Curious if anyone knows HH start time at this property?

Also, do they serve any kind of bubbly during HH?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by teemuflyer

I don't remember the time but the last few years their vodka had morphed into some no name brand at 70 proof. Bubbly? HA!!!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I don't remember the time but the last few years their vodka had morphed into some no name brand at 70 proof. Bubbly? HA!!!
I think it was 5:30 until 7:30pm but I was there 2 years ago for the last time, at that time they definitely had sparkling wine of some kind (Australian?).
I also remember that they 'ran out of rhum' when I asked...
Not my favorite Hilton to be honest...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold

I was there in November 2016 and it was 6pm-8pm. There were no bubbles, just white and red wine.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I think it was 5:30 until 7:30pm but I was there 2 years ago for the last time, at that time they definitely had sparkling wine of some kind (Australian?).
I also remember that they 'ran out of rhum' when I asked...
Not my favorite Hilton to be honest...
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
I was there in November 2016 and it was 6pm-8pm. There were no bubbles, just white and red wine.
Hmmm. Not a real ringing endorsement of this property. I'm currently booked here for a couple of days, now I'm thinking about switching back to the Conrad, which I'm familiar with, and think is a really nice property.

Thanks all!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
I was just there 10 days ago. Remember this property was purchased by the Chang Beer Group. along with the Doubletree behind it.(They are super cheap!!!) They had red and white wine jim beam i think absolute vodka and a few other spirits i don't remember. Nice lounge staff ask if you want a suite if Diamond they will not give unless you ask. I've been there like 15 times over the last year and a half i like it but i do like the Conrad better if i can get a good price..
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:23 pm

Worth Taking Train + BTS to Save Time from/to Airport?

Looks like one needs to switch BTS lines to make it to/from the hotel if using the Skytrain from the airport. Not that I mind that too much, but does one save any time vs. a taxi using this method?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:22 pm

Looks like one needs to switch BTS lines to make it to/from the hotel if using the Skytrain from the airport. Not that I mind that too much, but does one save any time vs. a taxi using this method?
You can choose between
option 1: Airport link (BKK to Makkasan) => MRT (Phetchaburi to Sukhumvit) => BTS (Asok to Phrom Phong)
and
option 2: Airport link (BKK to Phaya Thai) => BTS (Phaya Thai to Phrom Phong)

They are planing to have a common card (Mangmoon card) for BTS, MRT and Airport link. But at the moment you need to buy 3 tickets for option 1 and 2 tickets for option 2.

In addition to the time for buying tickets, changing between Airport link, MRT or BTS will take some minutes too.

About saving time: It depends on how bad the traffic jam is, how fast/experienced you are in changing stations and buying tickets and maybe how many pieces of luggage you have to carry. I think, most of the time option 1 will be the fastest one, followed by option 2 and the slowest will be the taxi. But if there is no traffic and no waiting time to get a taxi at the airport, it's also possible, that the taxi is the fastest.

I use to take a taxi for Hilton Sukhumvit and Conrad, but for i. e. Interkontinental or Siam Kempinski I take Airport link and BTS from time to time.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:39 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hardly worth the effort for any saving, especially with suitcase to lug at the chain of metro at station airport metro arrives to, plus hump cases at metro nearest hotel.

Airport Taxi
o 50 Baht airport taxi pickup fee (not applicable on trips to the airport though)
o 75 Baht for two expressway Tolls (50 + 25)
o 280-350 Baht metered fare (dependent on Sukhumvit traffic / if peak/busy time of day)

Total = 405baht - 475baht for 45minutes taxi trip right to hotel door (9-11gbp / us$11-14)
moeser likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Hardly worth the effort for any saving....

Total = 405baht - 475baht for 45minutes taxi trip right to hotel door (9-11gbp / us$11-14)
Some of us don't take the train for savings, we take it to avoid Bangkok taxis - which I'll use only as a last resort.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by thbe
You can choose between
option 1: Airport link (BKK to Makkasan) => MRT (Phetchaburi to Sukhumvit) => BTS (Asok to Phrom Phong)
and
option 2: Airport link (BKK to Phaya Thai) => BTS (Phaya Thai to Phrom Phong)
In the past I have taken ARL to Makkasan (35 Bath) and walked via the flyover to Phetchaburi MRT to take taxi from there. Getting a taxi at Petchaburi can, however, be challenging. Some have suggested to walk a bit up Asoke-Din Daeng Rd (towards Din Daeng express way) as apparently it should be easier to flag a taxi there than at Petchaburi MRT. Traffic from Petchaburi MRT toward Asoke can still be horrible though.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Great info was provided by thbe. By taxi, it can take 2+ hours to get from the airport to Sukhumvit during rush hour, from approx. 6:30-9:30am and 4:30-7:30pm. If you don't have much luggage, the train is worth taking if you want to save time, but there's more hassle involved. At other times, I take a taxi for convenience.
moeser likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Yep. Bangkok rush hour is hectic.
Generally worse in the evening, particularly if combined with a thunder storm which often rolls in during the late afternoon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.