Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
In several recent searches I haven't seen any C&P availability at the DT whereas a few months ago it was wide open.
That's strange - I'm seeing 8,000 points + ฿1,200 every night for months.

Last edited by flyingnomadic; Sep 5, 2013 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by InvestorTiger
I read from another thread that if one books a room at Double Tree Sukhumvit, they will get lounge access at this property if they are HH Gold members.
I emailed the hotel and received a prompt reply confirming that there is no truth in this rumour of shared Executive Lounge use:

Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Executive Lounge. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Please be informed that the people who book at DoubleTree By Hilton Sukhumvit are not entitle to use Executive Lounge at Hilton Sukhumvit according the policy.

However, you can use the Executive Lounge if you book the reservation at Hilton Sukhumvit , please let me know if I can assist you for your reservation.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Thanks @Olisch
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it..

Last edited by InvestorTiger; Sep 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
I emailed the hotel and received a prompt reply confirming that there is no truth in this rumour of shared Executive Lounge use
Thanks. Sounded too good to be true.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
That's strange - I'm seeing 8,000 points + ฿1,200 every night for months.
That's great then.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 7:44 am

This is not a good sign, but I hope it's only a temporary glitch in the system.

Originally Posted by monahos
Award inventory has very recently been downgraded to undesirable 'king accessible rooms' only

Their revenue manager obviously has a nickel-and-diming background, not a good sign at a new upscale property needing to build market share.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That's great then.
I looked again and the reward availability was only for King Accessible rooms, as reported here (and which also has its own dedicated thread). Here's hoping that's just a glitch introduced into the system.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:53 am

Anyone has luck of getting a upgrade to Executive floor as a Gold? Or should I say what benefit should i expect when I book C&P Room as Gold? I do see the C&P avaliability is accessible Room only.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by edison914
Anyone has luck of getting a upgrade to Executive floor as a Gold? Or should I say what benefit should i expect when I book C&P Room as Gold? I do see the C&P avaliability is accessible Room only.
Yes, my parents were upgraded to Executive room as Gold this week.
They booked it with cash, but this should not have made any difference.
If only the accessible room available for C&P, when you go to booking page, you could add comment and click on room type not available.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Yes, my parents were upgraded to Executive room as Gold this week.
They booked it with cash, but this should not have made any difference.
If only the accessible room available for C&P, when you go to booking page, you could add comment and click on room type not available.
Very nice =) Thanks for the update. Although I am shooting for getting a upgrade to an exectuive plus room. I will be contacting the hotel for upgrade prior to my trip ^
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by monahos
Award inventory has very recently been downgraded to undesirable 'king accessible rooms' only

Their revenue manager obviously has a nickel-and-diming background, not a good sign at a new upscale property needing to build market share.
Why are these rooms undesirable? I am going to BKK in January, and was thinking of booking one of these rooms. We are both 33, and not handicapped, but I figure "so what?" It would still be a big room with a king bed. I am considering this vs the DoubleTree. Is an accessible room so bad that I should book the DoubleTree instead?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by gwar69
Why are these rooms undesirable?
It really depends on the specific hotel; I haven't had the opportunity of checking this one's implementation.

My perception is that the more a bathroom is adapted for a wheelchair-bound person, the less convenient it is for an able-bodied one, e.g. tub and shower cabin being replaced by an oversized roll-in shower space (level with the rest of the bathroom which may get flooded) enclosed by a curtain, lowered sink, etc., giving the feeling of a hospital room, not a deluxe hotel.

I am all for such facilities being made available at each hotel; foisting them upon points redeemers when they are not needed is what I have a problem with.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
I can hear my company HR Director right now...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
No reviews yet? There are some on TripAdvisor, but I believe what FTers say much more than what I read on TA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.