Q4 Promo - 1000 Points

Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the points to show up in your Virgin Atlantic account? My HHonors account is showing "VS EARN MORE, STAY MORE - 1ST STAY - 1000" and "VIRGIN ATLANTIC DOUBLE DIP - 1000" from a stay last week, so I did manage to get the right FF details onto the reservation (which this thread indicates is perhaps unusual!), but nothing has shown up on the virgin side after a week. Anyone know if that's normal?
hhonors usually sends them over a few weeks after you check out & then
it should only take a short bit for them to post to your airlines account.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Ok,

So my observations from first 3 stays as a Marriott Platinum:
  • Courtyards remind me of middle eastern hotels. Bare, tired, and ugly
  • Marriott properties can't figure out how to email you a receipt on demand. (I have Hilton properties do this every morning I check out, instead of having to scan papers with the same info for my Expense Reports)
  • HGI and Hampton Inn beds are more comfortable than any Marriott brand bed I've tried.
  • I can rack up points and stays slightly faster with Marriott this quarter, than with Hilton.

I'll stay at some Marriott's this quarter to qualify for Platinum through next year, but probably go back to the Hamptons some again.

The grass isn't completely greener on the other side. Especially if I can't push my expense reports out as fast
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:19 pm

I am/was a pretty loyal Hhonors diamond member and had to register today to reply re this cheesy Q4 promo. You people are way to kind. 2012 Promos have not been great but this so called promo is the lamest I've seen yet and a slap in the face to us frequent travelers. Thanks Hilton, you won't be seeing me for the remainder of 2012 unless you visit the Marriott.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by shoreline
Close, but not quite correct. At the time of checkout is incorrect. You have until midnight the day of checkout to change your earning style.

Deemus says you were correct, but then quotes the actual correct verbiage.

Here is the T&C from hhonors:

Members can change their Earnings Style at any time. The Earnings Style Option in place for a Member as of 23:59:59 U.S. Central Standard Time on the day of check-out for a given stay will be the Option that governs earnings for that stay. No changes can be made retroactively for past staysl (#3)

and here is the link if anyone would like to read for themselves.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

Giving your airlines number to the front desk does nothing. They cannot update your hhonors account for you without calling hhonors. However, you can update anytime during your stay or after you check out. But, it must be done by midnight the day of checkout.
Agree that it is at 2359 Central Time rather than check out time. Disagree with the rest.

Your Earning Style means the choice between Points and Fixed Miles, Points and Variable Miles, or Points and Points. This must be set via the website, as you say.

The Earning Style does not incorporate the airline you are crediting miles to. This is, as I have said twice already, stored with your booking and can be updated by the front desk. bmifly, and the FDC he/she spoke to, were also correct.

I hope this resolves any confusion.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by UnitedHilton9
I am/was a pretty loyal Hhonors diamond member and had to register today to reply re this cheesy Q4 promo. You people are way to kind. 2012 Promos have not been great but this so called promo is the lamest I've seen yet and a slap in the face to us frequent travelers. Thanks Hilton, you won't be seeing me for the remainder of 2012 unless you visit the Marriott.
Welcome to FT UnitedHilton9!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:56 pm

And I had to register here too, to express my thorough disappointment with this promotion. I've been Diamond for a long time, and I can't recall a quarterly promotion ever being this bad. I have 10 stays and 40 nights already booked through the end of this quarter, that are now at risk due to this short-sighted promotion.

Fortunately, you all pointed me to the Virgin Atlantic deal that is currently going on. I don't mind hopping for two weeks and getting this nailed as fast as possible, but I am curious as to where you see the 20,000 mile number coming from. If I look at this link, it seems the limit is 15,000 miles.

https://hiltonhhonors.com/ProcessLan...69CrgwVc/cFQ==

Is there something I am missing? Is this the wrong registration page?

If I can't figure this VS/HHonors thing out, I can stay at a Sheraton for this quarter, do the platinum challenge (18 nights in 3 months), stack these bonuses (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/newgir...st-got-better/), and be happy.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
And I had to register here too, to express my thorough disappointment with this promotion. I've been Diamond for a long time, and I can't recall a quarterly promotion ever being this bad. I have 10 stays and 40 nights already booked through the end of this quarter, that are now at risk due to this short-sighted promotion.

Fortunately, you all pointed me to the Virgin Atlantic deal that is currently going on. I don't mind hopping for two weeks and getting this nailed as fast as possible, but I am curious as to where you see the 20,000 mile number coming from. If I look at this link, it seems the limit is 15,000 miles.

https://hiltonhhonors.com/ProcessLan...69CrgwVc/cFQ==

Is there something I am missing? Is this the wrong registration page?

If I can't figure this VS/HHonors thing out, I can stay at a Sheraton for this quarter, do the platinum challenge (18 nights in 3 months), stack these bonuses (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/newgir...st-got-better/), and be happy.

Hello and welcome.
You can earn 15000 bonus miles as a maximum but of course will earn the standard 1000 for each of the 5 stays making 20 k miles in total
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by WelshGirl
Hello and welcome.
You can earn 15000 bonus miles as a maximum but of course will earn the standard 1000 for each of the 5 stays making 20 k miles in total
Duh. Thanks for 2x4 upside the head.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Talking

Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
Duh. Thanks for 2x4 upside the head.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, SingleMalt69!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
C
Originally Posted by stifle
Agree that it is at 2359 Central Time rather than check out time. Disagree with the rest.

Your Earning Style means the choice between Points and Fixed Miles, Points and Variable Miles, or Points and Points. This must be set via the website, as you say.

The Earning Style does not incorporate the airline you are crediting miles to. This is, as I have said twice already, stored with your booking and can be updated by the front desk. bmifly, and the FDC he/she spoke to, were also correct.

I hope this resolves any confusion.
I think stifle is spot on here. I agree with shoreline that the front desk can't change your earning style but the ff miles programme credited is fixed based on the account settings at the time of booking. You do need the front desk to change this and they definitely are able to do so. On numerous occasions I've checked in and handed one ff card over and have been asked if I want miles to post to this account or a different ff scheme recorded with my booking.

That said once I have my five stays I'll test this, or if someone else has hit the target perhaps they could see what happens.

bmifly
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:41 am

1000 reasons... phaw!

Hello people...

I too felt compelled to register to FlyerTalk having been a long time reader and weasler of info on upcoming promotions, then running to the hills with the info. Like many before me, I'm not too pleased...!

I suffered in Q3 for Hilton because I stayed in London hotels which all opted out because of the Olympics, although it was an average promotion anyway. Now this comes along - sod it Hilton, I can't be bothered anymore! 40 nights cancelled now that I'm matched to Diamond with Marriott, and have thoroughly enjoyed my 2 stays so far. Having spent anything between 50 and 200 nights with Hilton the past few years, I would happily spend them with Marriott.

As for a couple of people talking about 'loyalty' to hotels and the 'loyalty' that comes back from them - we are all, simply put, a wholly disloyal bunch (with respect to hotels!). Those of us who have to stay away a lot want to gather as many perks as possible in order to be compensated for this - if this means ditching a chain because it no longer shows loyalty for the money that I (my company) pays, then it's simply a 15 minute job to swing the lot over elsewhere... my loyalty is with myself and my perks, not with the familiar or the nostalgic.

Au revoir, HHonors Q4
Bonjour Marriott

Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:49 am

Excellent first post HeliosUK. Welcome and keep on posting.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 7:34 am

I was hoping for something good for the end of the year... On no, this sucks.

I'll keep my next stay to push me up to diamond, then move to marriott for remainder to get to gold there too..

sheesh...

-Mike
Old Oct 10, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: HH Gold , Priority Club , AAdvantage , Delta SkyMiles
I did too, will get 5 days out of 6, better than nothing but considering you get offered a bonus every quarter this one is disappointing
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by UnitedHilton9
....Thanks Hilton, you won't be seeing me for the remainder of 2012 unless you visit the Marriott.
Welcome to FT UH9.

One advantage of having a little age is memory loss: I registered for this Hilton-lite bonus and have put it out of my mind and will make this quarter's reservations without any bonus considerations. Therefore, every 1000 HHpoints that posts will be like an unexpected gift; like the $10 bill you find unexpectedly in a shirt pocket.

That said, I don’t see how Marriott is any better for me in that by the time the Hilton semi-bonus kicks in I will have already used my 6 stays for 3 certs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.