Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

can more than one person be on an hilton honors account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can more than one person be on an hilton honors account?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
As the rule you cited said, no new Mutual Accounts have been set up since 2004. Old ones that are kept active are alive and well.
The OP was asking about setting up an account with two persons now. The OP didn't seem to be asking if currently there are any accounts with two persons -- but I referenced the entire term and condition so there would be no question.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by grumpymonkey
I just had a problem where my spouse made the reservation, added my hhonors number, and now I'm not getting credit for the stay. Even though I was on the reservation as an additional guest, and I paid the bill with my Hilton Hhonors Surpass Amex. It's kind of ridiculous that I go to their website and ask for the credit, and they tell me they won't give it to me because my spouse's name is on the top of the reservation.

So, my recommendation is as follows: Make a decision and decide which of you wants to be the alpha for points and travel discounts. Put all of the accounts that are going to earn and get the best discounts in that person's name, and it will save you a shuh-hit ton of hassles with Hilton later on down the road.

If your name was on the reservation as a secondary guest, you will get credit, all you have to do is make that note when you fill out the missing stay comments. Agents can only see the primary name on an account, but member services (who actually post the stay) can see all names on a reservation once it has passed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.